The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

theres a wide selection of anime for them to choose, whatever they get il usually get it.

wait subs only?

does that mean that even tho the US version has a dub MVM will release the subs only? if thats true then that sucks

when they do annoyance the 2 series, tell me.

Is This A Zombie? Would be great, been holding out for a UK Release.

animefreak17 said:
Dannielle said:
Had no idea the Mass Effect Anime movie was out here till they posted it on their facebook today, so just in case anyone else was also unaware, here is it:
http://www.sainsburysentertainment.co.u ... rce=google
yeah thats been out for ages on UP1

Ohh, my bad! Sorry!

--

Also, All The Anime have Feb's top sellers out: http://www.alltheanime.com/top-sellers-february-2013/

I agree that Zombie is more of a MangaUK title, I tweeted Jerome about a year ago and he said it'd caught their eye. Given that nothing has happened with the series since, I suppose MVM could have nabbed it.

Dannielle said:
Also, All The Anime have Feb's top sellers out: http://www.alltheanime.com/top-sellers-february-2013/

Good to see T&B popping up in the highest overall sales chart. Seems like the Bleach movie did rather well.

:lol: Well, don't I look like prat!

Glad it's coming to the UK, surprised that season 2 has been announced as well, didn't think Funi had official announced home video rights for it yet. This would be a great series to put out on BD considering the US version is being held back indefinitely.

I was going to place an order for Nichijou today (out next week from Madman) but will wait to see if MVM license it. Or it might be Gosick. That's long overdue for a UK (and US) release.

in most cases it will either be a NIS America or Anplex USA release, all the sub only releases i can think of come from them, i would say fate/zero but considering a dub of that was announced i have to question on whether or not they just decided not to wait for a dub or the contract was completed before any knowledge of a dub.
to be honest i'd love for them to get tora dora, arakawa and other NIS titles still have the premium boxes available, but tora dora has not, neither does pandora hearts either. pretty much anything from aniplex usa i'd like, i somehow think it's oreimo, but i'd much prefer bakemonogatari or kara no kyoukai.

J Manga to shutter, Manga purchaced on site to be unreadable after the end of May with no Download service provided.

Of course, I had my issues with the service (Doing the same stupid region lock nonsense everyone else does, it's tablet reading service being non-existent for the most point) but between comixology, Viz's stuff (in the US at least) and the pirates they really didn't stand much of a chance and they really failed to sell thier best feature (The translation and availability of niece manga series such as Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer, some of which was marred further by the whole Region Lock thing)

Mind you, the line of "Sod you, you don't get to keep the manga you bought" sort of drives a pole into any sympathy I had.

And don't start about how you only buy the licence to view, I really don't want to hear it.

Yeah, I just received an email about it this morning. Here's the official statement:

Dear JManga Members and Supporters,

It is our deep regret to inform you that JManga.com will be concluding its retail and viewing services on May 30th 2013.

Below is JManga.com’s Service Termination Schedule.
JManga Point Distribution and Sales Termination:
March 13th 2013 at 11:59pm (US Pacific Time)

Digital Manga Purchasing Service Termination:
March 26th at 11:59pm (US Pacific Time)

Manga Viewing Service Termination:
May 30th at 11:59pm (US Pacific Time)

All JManga Members will be issued Amazon Gift Cards for use on Amazon.com as a substitute the amount of unused JManga Paid Points (*1) possessed at March 13th 2013 at 11:59pm.

Refunds will be processed between March 21st 2013 to March 25th 2013 (US Pacific Time).

For further details regarding JManga.com’s retail and viewing service termination, please visit http://www.jmanga.com/urgent-message

As of March 13th 2013 at 11:59pm (US Pacific Time) JManga7.com has concluded its services. JManga7 Premium Members who signed up between February 14th 2013 and March 13th 2013 at 11:59pm (US Pacific Time) will be refunded. For further details regarding JManga7.com’s service termination, please visit the Jmanga7 FAQ at http://www.jmanga7.com/

Thank you for your support and understanding,
JManga M/quote]q/quote]

It really is a shame. Unfortunately though, they didn't have that many AA+ titles (Morita-san wa Mukuchi was the only one I really read) and the lack of download-to-own was annoying.

ConanThe3rd said:
Mind you, the line of "Sod you, you don't get to keep the manga you bought" sort of drives a pole into any sympathy I had.

And don't start about how you only buy the licence to view, I really don't want to hear it.
Great, all my worst fears about digital distribution which isn't download-to-own realised.

Now I wonder how people who "bought" manga from there will choose to obtain new copies... Any guesses? There's shooting yourself in the foot, then there's blowing both your feet clean off.

I'm fortunate that my only use with them was through the JManga7 subscription I won here. If I'd paid money for stuff, I would have been pissed off.

st_owly said:
I never actually bought any points on there. All the points I accumulated were from giveaways.
Same here, I've not lost any money.

If you really want to 'own' the titles, it's pretty easy to go into fullscreen and then press print screen.

I'm interested in what the picture format is going to be. The Japanese release of Bebop was 1080i wasn't it? That could pose a problem, as we'll probably end up with the discs being 1080i50...which means speedup.

Back