The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

britguy said:
Anime Limited need to just give me release dates and costs then i'll also be excited.

True. They are really quiet at the moment. I've asked them about that last weekend on twitter and didnt get a reply. They might announce something this weekend.

On top of this awesome week of licenses by MVM, we have another one coming next week according to their facebook page!

"We have Another license to announce next week too, stay tuned :) #anime"

So the Tiger & Bunny Facebook posted up this new trailer for Tiger & Bunny: The Rising:
Well....that was certainly weird.

Last edited by a moderator:
Joshawott said:
So the Tiger & Bunny Facebook posted up this new trailer for Tiger & Bunny: The Rising:
And not worth my attention untill we find out if it's any cop unlike THE BEGINNING which was a complete waste of time.

Dannielle said:
On top of this awesome week of licenses by MVM, we have another one coming next week according to their facebook page!

"We have Another license to announce next week too, stay tuned :) #anime"

I really do hope it is Another, since I loved watching it when it was airing :D

From the UKAnime Twitter:
- Deadman Wonderland is due out on 1st July.
- Appleseed XIII announced for DVD/BD.
- Extras for Hellsing Ultimate 5-8 include "commentaries, sub only OVA, VA round table and more.".
- MangaUK are talking to Toei about DBZ and One Piece movies; particularly Strong World.
- Fairy Tail season 2's first part will probably be released in last quarter of 2013, movie later this year.
- Manga are also trying to get K-ON! Oyster card holders to accompany the release of the movie.
- Jormungund currently slated for late summer.
- 2nd Berserk movie expected in late October.

ConanThe3rd said:
Joshawott said:
And not worth my attention untill we find out if it's any cop unlike THE BEGINNING which was a complete waste of time.
I liked The Beginning, I felt it was a really good way to get people who might have missed the TV airing into the franchise. The added material was also really good (although the villain himself was pretty weak, but that wasn't the main focus of the film anyway). Some scenes, like Sky High demonstrating what his powers would do without his jetpack, were brilliant. I would have preferred two movie sequels over a recap movie and a sequel, but as far as recap movies go, Tiger & Bunny's was really good.

According to Andrew, The Rising is set after the main series anyway. I just hope that it does wrap up the plot threads from the TV series, like Ouroboros and Lunatic (the whole "true justice" thing from the new teaser could tie quite nicely into Lunatic, as well as the story of the greedy villagers could fit into Ouroboros considering how the logo was seen on the bank note at the end of the series). I just hope that any mention of the Goddess etc is simply symbolic and we don't actually have some kind of ancient smiting goddess running around. Lunatic fits quits nicely into the view of punishing the unjust though.

What would be really cool with the K-ON! movie release, is if MangaUK can release it with an art booklet featuring promotional images of the group in London and such, also possibly even production artwork. Like what Kazé did with Journey to Agartha.

animefreak17 said:
Doraemon666 said:
A quick update on Discotek,s May releases,Gunbuster 2:Diebuster and Lupin the 3rd:Red vs Green are both are released on May 21st.
are these uk releases?

@Joshawott
same with those?
Discotek is a US company, so those are US.

The ones I posted came from the UKAnime Twitter from MCM in Birmingham, so they are.

Back