The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

20thCenturyBoy said:
According to this article David S. Goyer is helming the live action adaptation of Hellsing which is beginning shooting in early 2013. This is the first I recall hearing of this adaptation, can't say I'm particularly excited by any of the names attached...In fact, other than Goyer I have no idea who anyone else is, the article even claims that the lead/scriptwriter for Hellsing is rumoured to be playing Morbius in the Spider-Man sequel, again that's another first to me. As far as I'm aware it's Jamie Foxx as Electro and that's it.

Hmm...unsure on this, the guy expected to play Alucard doesn't exactly look like the role, a random Swedish singer playing Hellsing? ..hmm ..It also should be an 18+ film, I don't need they could keep to it faithfully without it.

It looks to be a big independent outing, which can be beyond expectations or just plain awful ..no doubt I'll end up watching it somewhere.

In order to serve the expectations of the R1 audience, one reckons that Alucard will once again be required to sound like a misguided American tourist.

Not this time.

This time they shall be filming on location, and so they shall have the modest wrath of a non-negligibly disconcerted goose to reckon with.

Guess which show's getting a blu-ray release in June

Gurren Lagann celebrated its fifth anniversary in 2012, but the celebrations aren't really kicking off in earnest until 2012. A rebroast is slated for January, and a big announcement is promised to run during the anime's news airing. Speculation is that this is going to be Blu-ray set, and early listings seem to offer some details on those plans.

Listings have a complete set selling on June 26th for 63,000yen ($730)

So the new Lucky Star project is an anime adaptation of the Miyakawa-ke no Kūfuku spin-off manga, which is based on the Moe-Drill game series. The series is focused on Hinata Miyakawa and her little sister Hikage Miyaawa's impoverished daily life at home and Hikage's life at elementary school.

Source

theirsbailiff said:

Gurren Lagann celebrated its fifth anniversary in 2012, but the celebrations aren't really kicking off in earnest until 2012. A rebroast is slated for January, and a big announcement is promised to run during the anime's news airing. Speculation is that this is going to be Blu-ray set, and early listings seem to offer some details on those plans.

:lol: With Japan back down into it's forth recession this should sell lots at that price, but I guess there are some who would rather starve than do without their Yoko eye candy in 1080p. :lol:

Mohawk52 said:
theirsbailiff said:

:lol: With Japan back down into it's forth recession this should sell lots at that price, but I guess there are some who would rather starve than do without their Yoko eye candy in 1080p. :lol:

If Anime has taught us anything it's that there is always cup o noodles and the like to fall back on :lol:

From Siren's Facebook page...

Just noticed a Madboards discussion about Naoki Urasawa's Monster that hasn't been followed up on here AFAIK: you told a poster there that you were dubious about licensing it because the dub wasn't completed. But numerous reports online indicate the complete dub aired on Syfy and is available on Hulu (can't confirm due to geolocking). Just an FYI in case wires have been crossed somewhere, because this show is perfect for a Siren Rescue. :)

Hi Jack, all I can say right now is..."watch this space"... for upcoming title announcements.Please keep this to yourself at this stage.

8:15 is pre-watershed too (by 15 mins). Wikipedia says "On Australian television, programmes are restricted to certain times based on their rating. PG rated programmes can be shown between 08:30 and 16:00, as well as later than 19:00, M rated programmes can be shown from 20:30, and MA programmes from 21:00."

The ACB gave the video version an M (essentially a 15) for all discs, for "Mature themes and supernatural violence"

Shiroi Hane said:
8:15 is pre-watershed too (by 15 mins). Wikipedia says "On Australian television, programmes are restricted to certain times based on their rating. PG rated programmes can be shown between 08:30 and 16:00, as well as later than 19:00, M rated programmes can be shown from 20:30, and MA programmes from 21:00."

The ACB gave the video version an M (essentially a 15) for all discs, for "Mature themes and supernatural violence"
I wonder what the reaction will be...I thought they would have at least done some research.

Inb4 we get Australian press blaming a bad reaction on the show xD

Joshawott said:
Shiroi Hane said:

I wonder what the reaction will be...I thought they would have at least done some research.

Inb4 we get Australian press blaming a bad reaction on the show xD

Well airing at 8:20pm according to that should mean all the M rated stuff happens after 8:30, at least for episode 1. Looking at the channel it's on thats basically a cartoon channel, no reason it couldn't go in their 8:40 time slot (as it closes at 9pm :roll: )

Joshawott said:
Cristina Vee ‏@CristinaVee
To my wonderful Aussie friends, Madoka Magika is airing tomorrow on ABC 3, please check it out :)
(https://twitter.com/CristinaVee/status/ ... 9464740864)

It's going to be on in the UK as well, please check your local listings!
(https://twitter.com/CristinaVee/status/ ... 0021479424)

I do have to wonder if this is true... Who would be showing it anyway?

On a completely unrelated note, is it odd that I read those tweets in her voice?

Mangaranga said:
Joshawott said:
To my wonderful Aussie friends, Madoka Magika is airing tomorrow on ABC 3, please check it out :)
(https://twitter.com/CristinaVee/status/ ... 9464740864)

It's going to be on in the UK as well, please check your local listings!
(https://twitter.com/CristinaVee/status/ ... 0021479424)

I do have to wonder if this is true... Who would be showing it anyway?

On a completely unrelated note, is it odd that I read those tweets in her voice?
OMFG.
PUELLA MAGI MADOKA MAGICA ON UK TV?
AFDWIUCFEaiufcvniOSDFQWCNHAIUDVcsaiufcnduhyICNW98RWHFW
WHAT IS THIS AWESOME FEELING?!

I WANT TO KNOW MORE. I WANT TO KNOW MORE!

Back