The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Just Passing Through said:
I guess with Bandai/Beez gone, the label Anime Legends was up for grabs...

Elfen Lied Complete Collection: Anime Legends
The Place Promised In Our Early Days: Anime Legends

That price for Elfen Lied though. Yeesh!

Yikes! That's definately way too high when you consider MvM throw their 24-26 episode complete sets out at £50 before discount. That looks a hell of a lot like they are cashing in on the fact it sells for a lot on ebay, but they may find sales are poor as only a limited market are willing to throw down a lot of money for a hard and soon to be easy to find set.

GolGotha said:
They have sold for that amount via auction, on several occasions.
Sounds silly for someone to try and sell it for £80 on ebay, when you can buy new for £20 elsewhere, but kudos for whoever sold it.

Shiroi Hane said:
My ADV set was £17.98 from Amazon on 11 Jun 2009 as I gave up on the local MVM ever knocking down from £50 the copy they'd had sitting there for ages.

MVM? or HMV? becuase HMV are terrible for keeping things at massively high prices when they are cheaper online, though recently I have seen some shift in re-pricing downward to try and keep up.

He probably means MVC, the dearly(?) departed music and video retailer.

They'll probably shift a few copies of Elfen Lied at £40~ but for all we know it could just be that it's the same hundred or so people clamouring for every copy on ebay.

Back