The General Conversation Area

Got myself a new laptop last week as my older one was nearly 10 years old and was showing its age. Sort of an early Christmas present to myself.

I think I'm just about finished sorting it out with transferring data, and installing relevant software.

Anyone else here made orders with United Publications that have had items dispatch on Thursday 24th or Friday 25th November and received theirs yet?

I'm asking because mine dispatched last week on Thursday and considering the speed is usually 24 hour delivery, it's not arrived yet. I know postal strikes were on those two days but I've seen packages that were slower speeds arrive already at this point.

Before I contact UP1 I wanted to know if anyone else had similar issues. Even in previous years at this time of month UP1 are normally pretty fast on speed.

Moving this elsewhere
Reading this and looking at what was posted on the link sure is something, especially seeing as this involved the first signs of the late Chris Ayers illness before his passing, not that it was known at the time but I'd hope someone at Sentai apologised to Krystal eventually though would likely be to late for that now.
Oh, he died? I removed the bit wondering whether they were still together ☹️

Everyone enjoying the snow? Looking outside everything is coated in white as far as the eye can see. Just not looking forward to it when it melts and everything turns to mud instead.

Annoyingly, my phone (2 and a bit year old Pixel 4a) has developed the "Analogue audio accessory detected" fault which suggests from reading up on Google the USB charger is damaged.

Grr

Well my phone's USB socket has come back to life, still a bit dodgy with random "liquid detected" but I managed to get the photos which were on there (I had them backed up to Google as long live free backups on Pixel 4a!). Replacement is coming in the mail at some point.

Although this morning my month of technology issues continued as my old monitor (must have been 15+ years old) decided it only wanted to display in something like 460x320 resolution. Laptop worked with the TV so I presume it was a fault with the monitor which has been replaced (another £100 disappearing from my wallet). Old laptop seems to have kicked the bucket as I did try firing it up to check the monitor (just in case it was the new laptop not behaving) but it doesn't get passed the booting screen. So a lucky escape.

Last day of work for the year, woohoo. Would have finished earlier but I wanted to keep some days back to break up the long section between January & March (probably a long weekend in February time). Roll on 5pm when I can escape the madhouse.

Also keeping back a few days allows for any emergencies requiring time off.

With the issues around Elon & twitter, there can only be one replacement for CEO...52becf3dbc62c69efbfdaa2eb0045493.jpg

Lenny 😆

Last edited:
I started my holiday vacation yesterday at noon, and will be off through January 2nd. I originally just had the week off between Christmas and New Years, but I found out just last week that I had 3 1/2 more days of vacation left than I thought I did. My current company's policy is "use it or lose it" for vacation days each year, so I had to quick get permission to take the extra days off this week. That was a nice little added holiday present for me!

Hello! I make it a point to look for joy in the most little of occurrences. I am aware that everyone says that, and although that is not always the case, one need to make an effort at the very least. We are living in these difficult circumstances; we are unable to go out as much; life may seem repetitive at times; yet, I strive to derive as much enjoyment as I can from these moments as well. For example, wonderful eating is one of the things that brings the most joy to my life. A delicious serving of pasta, a warm box of pizza, and a wonderful cup of coffee all served at the same time. These little things actually brighten my day.

Back