What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

PU3itSL.jpg

My All the Anime Christmas sale items finally arrived.

Bartender (Collector's Edition) (BD), Re:Zero -Starting Life in Another World- (Collector's Edition) (BD), 5 Centimetres Per Second (Steelbook) (BD) and Children Who Chase Lost Voices (Steelbook) (BD)

20221207_204232.jpg

This completes my Makoto Shinkai collection now prior to Suzume.

20221207_205444.jpg

AL Christmas sale items from two orders. I don't know if the parcel for the items on the top row was left near a radiator or if AL have cranked up the temperature on their plastic wrap machine, but the wrap was fused to the top of the amaray cases. That kind of thing happens occasionally, but it's the first time I've seen it on all the items in an order. Weird.
IMG_20221208_104103__01.jpg

Been waiting on this one for a while to release, the 50 Animated Years of Lupin the Third book from Magnetic Press, covers all the way upto Part 6 and has 200 pages of hefty content. From what I've skimmed, defo worth it for any Lupin fan.

There was a more expensive version but was a bit much for me, this standard edition is still a hardback release though.

20221208_180800.jpg

Alright, I've amassed enough trash to show off, here we go:

20221208_205909.jpg

20221208_210017.jpg

20221208_210140.jpg

20221208_210227.jpg

Sackboy and CoD are black friday deals, CoD was 10 CHF, crazy. Liking the campaign, the sound is so punchy.

Minimalism, thy name is Seraph. Kinda obvious they weren't given a lot to work with. Still, like it. Arslan is lovely.

And IT is particularly great: two steelbook with great artwork, metal slipcase with black foam on the inside, two cool posters. No-nonsense edition, great stuff. The movies are enjoyable, it's big-budget horror but I enjoy the more unknowable aspect related to the creature!

Edit : don't know why one of the pictures decided to do it attachment style but ok

Attachments

• 20221208_210140.jpg
    20221208_210140.jpg
    369.6 KB · Views: 2
I received five separate orders today, all arriving on the same day - 4 titles from Rightstuf (2 partial orders), 1 title from Amazon, 1 from eBay, and 1 from a blu-ray.com member:

Banished from the Heroes Party Limited Edition
Mushuko Tensei Limited Edition
IWGP
Log Horizon: Destruction of the Round Table
Steins Gate 0 Part Two
Peach Girl DVD digipak
Sexy Magical Girl AI

banmushiwgplog.jpg

sg02peachai.jpg

I received five separate orders today, all arriving on the same day - 4 titles from Rightstuf (2 partial orders), 1 title from Amazon, 1 from eBay, and 1 from a blu-ray.com member:

Banished from the Heroes Party Limited Edition
Mushuko Tensei Limited Edition
IWGP
Log Horizon: Destruction of the Round Table
Steins Gate 0 Part Two
Peach Girl DVD digipak
Sexy Magical Girl AI

banmushiwgplog.jpg

sg02peachai.jpg
Your going to go blind and get hairy palms if you keep watching hentai 😂

A few new additions to the collection.

Its been awhile since I have lasted posted on here and I have gotten quite a few things since then so I will only put the main ones in.

Firstly lets start with RahXephon TV&Movie on DVD, since I heard the Blu Ray is pretty bad I just decided to go with the DVDs for now. They also came with these really nice booklets, so MVM if you get the license please make the effort to get theses booklets they are great. I also got Witch Hunter Robin on DVD as well since this one is DVD locked thanks to funi. No SD-BD for us.​
IMG_3334.JPG
IMG_3335.JPG

Secondly I got Evangelion 1.11, Paprika, Steamboy (No slip) and Beyond the Boundary. I now finally have a complete standard collection of the first three rebuild films since 1.11 was OOP for so long and I am glad Crunchyroll UK just decided to use the old Manga UK artwork because it would of looked terrible next to the others if they re did it and went with new BBFC logo and new Crunchyroll logo. I also bought Beyond the Boundary after finding out about the redubbing of the main character in newer editions.IMG_3340.JPG
IMG_3341.JPG

IMG_3389.JPG

Thirdly I have Yu Yu Hakusho Season 1&3. I have 2&4 as well but they are the steelbooks instead. I will get around to getting both versions some day. I also got Code Geass Akito LE the Exiled and Ghost In the Shell 4K LE. Akito starts out strong but by the end it completely flops, just like Resurrection.
IMG_3388.JPGIMG_3393.JPG

I also got Vampire Hunter D manga vol 5-7 but this post is already long enough.

I also bought Beyond the Boundary after finding out about the redubbing of the main character in newer editions.​

I'm yet to watch Beyond the Boundary but wasn't aware the main character was re-dubbed in later releases, I was planning to upgrade to the Sentai release so I would have the OVA as well but I'll make sure to keep my Animatsu copy around even when I do upgrade.

I'm yet to watch Beyond the Boundary but wasn't aware the main character was re-dubbed in later releases, I was planning to upgrade to the Sentai release so I would have the OVA as well but I'll make sure to keep my Animatsu copy around even when I do upgrade.
Yeah I only found out reccently as well, hence why I decided to grab it while it was somewhat cheap and before it goes OOP since its Animatsu. Its also pretty scummy of Sentai to do it.

Yeah I only found out reccently as well, hence why I decided to grab it while it was somewhat cheap and before it goes OOP since its Animatsu. Its also pretty scummy of Sentai to do it.

Do you know the reason why they were replaced by any chance? seems strange unless they got into some ****.

Do you know the reason why they were replaced by any chance? seems strange unless they got into some ****.
No I do not, I think the only people who know what happened is the VA (Krystal LaPorte) and Sentai but it must of been something real bad since Sentai not only replaced her without annoucing it but also completely blacklisted her from any other Sentai productuions.

No I do not, I think the only people who know what happened is the VA (Krystal LaPorte) and Sentai but it must of been something real bad since Sentai not only replaced her without annoucing it but also completely blacklisted her from any other Sentai productuions.

Oh, right, damn, odd.

Found this:

The story from her then new partner is that he (the ADR director) contracted a disease (unknown to him at the time) the symptoms of which made him irritable among other things and thus it affected his work. So they reckon Sentai blamed her for his behaviour and fired her! I guess she was the cheaper option. Other people mention there's a movie which had a different VA and so Sentai re-dubbed the series. When the disease was diagnosed they kept quiet so he could keep his job for the health insurance (because America!)

Last edited:
Found this:

The story from her then new partner (not sure if they are still a thing) is that he (the ADR director) contracted a disease (unknown to him at the time) the symptoms of which made him irritable among other things and thus it affected his work. So they reckon Sentai blamed her for his behaviour and fired her! I guess she was the cheaper option. Other people mention there's a movie which had a different VA and so Sentai re-dubbed the series. When the disease was diagnosed they kept quiet so he could keep his job for the health insurance (because America!)

Reading this and looking at what was posted on the link sure is something, especially seeing as this involved the first signs of the late Chris Ayers illness before his passing, not that it was known at the time but I'd hope someone at Sentai apologised to Krystal eventually though would likely be to late for that now.

Back