The General Conversation Area

when it comes to vinyl releases in boxes are they all generally the same size? i have a vinyl with a cd/dvd-audio included coming and i want to put it in something that will protect it from being squashed in storage mainly cause i only bought it for the dvd as it was the only way to get it

not looking for something flimsy like the steelbook central protective cases more like those hard plastic cases you see from those scam videogame condition companies

They can be all sorts of sizes. Display cases can often cause the problem they're supposed to be solving. I simply store them normally, just don't overpack them so they have space to breathe and it will be fine.

The box it comes in is serving the purpose of protection. A slightly crushed corner of the box or something similar is fairly common on the aftermarket and isn't going to harm the value too much.

Truss is only interested in herself of course. Her and her band of mates will make a **** ton of cash (tax free) and then clear off smiling.

The Queen may not have much time left going by reports so all events may get cancelled and I will be so pisst off because I'm going to egx at the Excel on 22 of this month.

I'm not a royalist but my mum is very shocked to say the least. It's going to be strange really, she has been there on my money all my life.
Yeah it's going to be surreal to say the least.

I've got family matters that have put me in an anxious mood and this being the topic of every conversation for the next two weeks is probably going to be really stressful. But it'll be fine.

I've found a concerning lump on angel's tail.its hard and I'm worried that it may be some form of cancer it feels like it's on the bone. she going to the vet on Monday to get her nails trimmed so I'll tell the vet about it.

I've found a concerning lump on angel's tail.its hard and I'm worried that it may be some form of cancer it feels like it's on the bone. she going to the vet on Monday to get her nails trimmed so I'll tell the vet about it.

I really hope she will be alright and that you will be alright too :confused:
❤️

Hope everyone is doing well, whether you are a royalist or not.

Thanks for asking, me and my mum are alright, though I'm not really a royalist (more of a "not really sure anyone should have that kind of power and money whether royalty or politician" type) it is a bit sad and certainly a change, but I guess given the queen's age it was not all that surprising that she passed away. I do feel for her family. And I have to smile at learning yesterday that she enjoyed making jam, something I would likely be dabbling in if my diabetes didn't prevent me from being able to enjoy the fruits of my labour :)

All credit to Lizzie, I think having to get out of your sick bed to meet Liz Truss might have finished anyone off. RIPIP, she was after all a human being, as least as far as we know.

Very end of an era stuff though, eh? I'm thinking about all the everyday things like stamps, coins, banknotes, even the new passport I just received that references "Her Majesty", Lizzie has been the literal face of the nation for the entire lives of most people alive. I have very mixed feelings about the monarchy, it's absolutely undemocratic (but then not really any more so than our oligarchical, corrupt, nepotistic "democracy", maybe even less so) but then what would replace it, some no-name President who is just as much of a waste of taxpayers’ money but without any of the history or tradition? Could anyone tell me (without Google’s help) who Germany’s pointless ceremonial President is? I couldn’t. I think overall, there are definite pluses of having a non-political head of state and, certain dubious choices of company aside, I have always kind of liked Charlie.

Which of these shirt designs do people here think is the best? Trying to pick out my Dad's Christmas gift (yes it's a bit early but I wanna get it while there are lots of design options available) :)

Attachments

• Honkus Ponkus Muted Rainbow Background.jpg
    Honkus Ponkus Muted Rainbow Background.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Honkus Ponkus Bat Star Background.jpg
    Honkus Ponkus Bat Star Background.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Honkus Ponkus Orange Star Yellow Dot Background.jpg
    Honkus Ponkus Orange Star Yellow Dot Background.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 4
Which of these shirt designs do people here think is the best? Trying to pick out my Dad's Christmas gift (yes it's a bit early but I wanna get it while there are lots of design options available) :)
Love meself a good t-shirt!! I'd go for top left for that splash of colour on a black background. Or top right if he prefers less colour I guess... Very subjective topic I guess heh

Love meself a good t-shirt!! I'd go for top left for that splash of colour on a black background. Or top right if he prefers less colour I guess... Very subjective topic I guess heh

In the end I decided to just ask dad as he doesn't mind "spoilers" for gifts and he said he likes the one I've attached to this post the most so that's the one I'll be getting for him (plus I needed to ask his size for T-shirts so that would have been a pretty big clue anyway!) He seems happy with my choice of present (he's a pagan birdwatcher so it seemed a good pick!) :)

Attachments

• Honkus Ponkus Bat Star Background.jpg
    Honkus Ponkus Bat Star Background.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 1
Has anyone used a Pro controller, Power A controller and Xbox One controller?

I find the Power A Controller joysticks to feel a little too small, light moving with a long travel

While a Xbox Series S controller feels a bit firmer, thumb stays on and it just feels better to use

Before I buy a new controller, are the joysticks on the Pro Controller closer to the Xbox or Power A ones?

Damn, just thought I'd check eBay for an update on my order and discovered it's arrived today at the Argos in the Sainsbury's I work from whilst I was out on my run! No notification from the app, unlike when it notified me that it had been sent!
My Gmail has stopped notifications (unless my phone is plugged in) for some reason, so I didn't get the email either. And I'm not working tomorrow (today) and I don't want to waste petrol just for that, so it'll be sitting there till Friday!

I still can't find a none ti 3070 8gig for under £500 and retailers are still price gouging them so its not only scalpers who selling them for over the £469 RRP

I really hope she will be alright and that you will be alright too :confused:
❤️

Thanks for asking, me and my mum are alright, though I'm not really a royalist (more of a "not really sure anyone should have that kind of power and money whether royalty or politician" type) it is a bit sad and certainly a change, but I guess given the queen's age it was not all that surprising that she passed away. I do feel for her family. And I have to smile at learning yesterday that she enjoyed making jam, something I would likely be dabbling in if my diabetes didn't prevent me from being able to enjoy the fruits of my labour :)
Good news Angel is fine.

Back