The General Conversation Area

WMD

Cardcaptor
Comic con was fun today. The Mamoru Hosoda interview was fun and if its posted online anywhere worth checking out. Nice to get a bit of insight into the man.

Also the Gabriel Luna (Ghost Rider in Agents of Shield) panel was a good watch. He comes across as a nice chill dude.

Otherwise it was very noticeable how much less stuff there was this time. The aisles were far wider than usual and areas like Pop Asia which is normally brimming with stuff was a lot more sparse. Oh well at least it's back!

Oldmario

Vampire Ninja
I know I keep asking random stuff but...

(See tweet thread, there are 3 tweets and I dont really want to waste forum space putting the image on here)

did you ever find an answer for this? i think i may have sort of a solution for you, it's this way atleast for me on the s10+ if you hit the button that brings up all the open apps and hold down your finger on the open app it'll ask you to drag it to the middle of the screen which allows you to see it on top

any apps after that will open up fullscreen but you should be able to repeat the above steps to get them splitscreen, left, right, and bottom will resize in that direction, the blue bar on top repositions the window, just a note to make because i can't remember if the s20 FE has a pinhole/notch but i couldn't get the window to go past the bottom of the camera hole

Kite

Thousand Master
Phone has upgraded to running Android 12, the first annoyance I have is now it takes 2 clicks to turn on/off mobile data & WiFi.

For I'm one of those odd people who only have mobile data on when I'm using it, rather than on all the time

Oldmario

Vampire Ninja
Phone has upgraded to running Android 12, the first annoyance I have is now it takes 2 clicks to turn on/off mobile data & WiFi.

For I'm one of those odd people who only have mobile data on when I'm using it, rather than on all the time
is it no longer drag down and tap the button or is that considered 2 clicks?
willing to bet they made it worse and put both wifi and mobile data in the same thing to annoy me too

CommanderZx2

Great Teacher
Went to McDonald's in the first time in years and it was a surreal experience. The restaurant was packed with people standing and sitting, but I'd guess more than 90% of them were third party delivery agents with food delivery bags.

They may be picking up paid for orders, but surely at some point they just be taking up so much space in the store that they turning away walk in customers.

Kite

Thousand Master
is it no longer drag down and tap the button or is that considered 2 clicks?
willing to bet they made it worse and put both wifi and mobile data in the same thing to annoy me too

They've put both Wifi & Mobile data in the same thing, so drag down, tap one button then tap/slide the option to turn on/off mobile data or WiFi.

Then hit done.

Screenshot_20211031-233923.png

Last edited:

Kite

Thousand Master
Went to McDonald's in the first time in years and it was a surreal experience. The restaurant was packed with people standing and sitting, but I'd guess more than 90% of them were third party delivery agents with food delivery bags.

They may be picking up paid for orders, but surely at some point they just be taking up so much space in the store that they turning away walk in customers.

I dislike it when you go to the likes of Maccies and they prioritise those food delivery people over the walk in customers. But it;s similar in this area. I went to a local KFC a couple weeks ago on a Thursday evening and in the 15 minutes I was in there having food there was at least 10 food delivery people rocking up to pick up orders.

I guess for the users of those apps it's a balance between the cost of delivery and the cost of actually picking it up yourself.

CommanderZx2

Great Teacher
I dislike it when you go to the likes of Maccies and they prioritise those food delivery people over the walk in customers. But it;s similar in this area. I went to a local KFC a couple weeks ago on a Thursday evening and in the 15 minutes I was in there having food there was at least 10 food delivery people rocking up to pick up orders.

I guess for the users of those apps it's a balance between the cost of delivery and the cost of actually picking it up yourself.
The McDonald's had a dedicated person to handle the exchange of the delivery agent food, so thankfully it didn't cause too much delays, but there was so much standing and seating area taken up by them I doubt anyone would want to actually sit and eat in the store.

It would probably be best if they set aside a dedicated location simply for handling deliveries.

Oldmario

Vampire Ninja
think i need to slap earlier in the year me, had some of those touchscreen gloves and i put them somewhere "safe" so i wouldn't lose them when i came back to needing them later in the year which is now and i can't find them anywhere and i refuse to order a new pair because i know they'll turn up as soon as i do

They've put both Wifi & Mobile data in the same thing, so drag down, tap one button then tap/slide the option to turn on/off mobile data or WiFi.

Then hit done.

View attachment 21501
hoping by the time it gets to me they put some sort hardlock on the mobile data so you can't accidentally turn it on, cost myself like £4 in credit because mobile data turned itself on while i was setting up my phone

Kite

Thousand Master
It's strange hearing trains running again after the last 2 weeks where the line has been closed due to the crash at Salisbury. It's been all to quiet.

Christmas time is coming all to quickly for me, I dislike being asked what I want as gifts as I tend to buy what I need when I need it (or put it on my Amazon wishlist keeping an eye out for any special offers)

DragoStark

Student Council President
Gutted to hear about Amazon no longer accepting UK issued Visa Credit Cards from 19th Jan 2022.
I'm hoping because it's been made public that something is sorted between Visa and Amazon because it's gonna be an absolute ballache to get alternatives into place.
And although yes you can still use Visa Debit, I personally don't like using debit online. Credit is so much safer.

Dai

Hunter
Gutted to hear about Amazon no longer accepting UK issued Visa Credit Cards from 19th Jan 2022.
I'm hoping because it's been made public that something is sorted between Visa and Amazon because it's gonna be an absolute ballache to get alternatives into place.
And although yes you can still use Visa Debit, I personally don't like using debit online. Credit is so much safer.
I'd been wondering why my bank discontinued Visa cards a few months ago, and it turns out Visa hiked their transaction fees after Brexit and loads of businesses are furious at them. This is probably just Amazon trying to strong-arm them into offering a better rate.

Shadow Cat

Stand User
Does anyone know if Ninendo UK shop will ship Pokemon Today/Tomorrow so it will arrive on the 19th

Or will they ship it on the 19th so it'll likely arrive 22nd/23rd?

WMD

Cardcaptor
In Kingston today. Saw No Time To Die. Really enjoyed it. Villian is a bit nothing but otherwise it's very entertaining and engaging. Now at Przym to watch Rise Against perform a striped back show which judging by the support means acoustic. Really excited for it!