The General Conversation Area

Kite

Thousand Master
Latest from BT is that they are waiting for authority to put up traffic lights to replace the broken fibre cable.

Although I believe as they have gone over the original date to get back online my next (and final bill) from BT should have £8+ credit back (looks like it's £8 a day until the fault is fixed)

RadFemHedonist

Thousand Master
One of the usual postmen (the miserable/scary one) just moaned at me for ordering loads of "****".

I'm now kinda concerned he might try to kill me when all my packages from the AL/MVM Christmas sales start coming through. 😖

Edit: I can't believe that's censored! 🤣 Anyway, the word rhymed with "hit", but there was an "s" at the start.

I'm sorry to hear that :( I can empathise with his discontent but he doesn't have to be so nasty to you.

Kite

Thousand Master
Probably the sort who prefers not to handle parcels instead prefers all those rubbish advertising leaflets as they don't weigh too much.

I guess if they carry on moaning a quick complaint to the royal mail might be the answer.

CommanderZx2

Adventurer
Shouldn't the manga and LN then turn on the anime. If manga/LN readers are to be believed nearly every show gets the "not as good as..." comment.
That certainly is true in most cases due to how much is necessary to cut for run times, but I think that anime adaptations are almost universally better than 4koma manga. I really do like 4koma manga and have read many of them, but the anime adaptation is almost always better than the 4koma.

Gemsy-chan

Flame Haze

So my towns Christmas tree made the national papers (also in the sun/mirror and local rag)

Due to my work I know for fact it wasn't put up at an angle and that the wind from storm Arwen pushed it to an angle.

RadFemHedonist

Thousand Master

So my towns Christmas tree made the national papers (also in the sun/mirror and local rag)

Due to my work I know for fact it wasn't put up at an angle and that the wind from storm Arwen pushed it to an angle.

Thanks for setting the record straight! :) 👍

Stiivun

Pokémon Master
Back in 2016 I ordered a pre-owned Yaya (Unbreakable Machine-Doll) from Solaris and the figure was in pristine quality and also the box looked pretty normal. Did have the issue though that although they can include a customs friendly invoice they actually put the full amount on the box, so had to pay customs anyway. This was solved with a coupon code … which I frankly still haven’t used. Mostly because I don’t buy much figures anymore.

Kite

Thousand Master
I've finally got a working phoneline again :)

Although the job for tonight is to install my new router and set up the WiFi (changed from BT to Plusnet as BTs offers were rubbish)

RadFemHedonist

Thousand Master
I've finally got a working phoneline again :)

Although the job for tonight is to install my new router and set up the WiFi (changed from BT to Plusnet as BTs offers were rubbish)

I've heard good things about Plusnet, IIRC my mum (who lives in the country) uses them, so you're probably in good hands :)

Kite

Thousand Master
I've heard good things about Plusnet, IIRC my mum (who lives in the country) uses them, so you're probably in good hands :)

I've used them in the past, but they are owned by BT. £22 a month for fibre (18 month) when the best deal BT was offering was £28 a month for 24 months but with 3 months free at the start.

Vincentdante

Za Warudo
Shouldn't the manga and LN then turn on the anime. If manga/LN readers are to be believed nearly every show gets the "not as good as..." comment.
It's funny because this is the one popular oppinion that I'm always of the contrary with.

A lot of the media where I've read the LN/Manga I've come out thinking that the anime was fine and my preferred way of endulging it, even some of my favorites like Fate and Made in Abyss lol.

Though it's not always true either, stuff like Berserk and Higurashi are examples where the Anime really fails to do it justice.

demonix

Hunter
Unfortunately, they've gone downhill as of late as I did use plusnet until they started going round in circles trying to fix an issue with connection drops and I gave up and moved my internet to another provider.

Oldmario

Vampire Ninja
don't suppose anyone has a switch and uses this? Nintendo Switch Adjustable Charging Stand
trying to find out voltage levels on it because i want to get one to use on both my switch and tablet but i want it to be able to fast charge on the tablet at 15w which is what the AC adapter gives out but i'm not 100% sure if it only uses 15w when you dock it for tv use as it also offers either 5w or 10w along side the 15w i'm not 100% sure

Shadow Cat

Stand User
Turns out Zavvi ships some items from the USA using DHL so guess I'm expecting to get a customs bill?

Thats if I even get it as they didnt fill out my address correctly. I really dont trust this company

NormanicGrav

How a Realist Hero Bought Too Much Anime
AUKN Staff
Starting tomorrow I will be working from home due to the current situation. While I have worked from home during a few weekend events, it's going to be a weird feeling doing it during the week.

What's left for my work schedule is tomorrow, Thursday, Friday followed by Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday next week (which may finish early because it's Christmas Eve). In total, about 6 days and a half. I booked Wednesday off as I felt like using that holiday slot when I can. Working from home also means I get an extra hour of spare time since I won't need to drive.