The General Conversation Area

Claire

Brigade Leader
Edit: looks like VLC on Xbox can handle Blu-ray bitrates. That at least means I have a semi-convenient way to watch the several US Blu-rays I have before I get another player or fix this one. Although the preparation and the drive usage is a bit onerous so I'm not gonna leave myself without a dedicated player too long.
This makeshift solution works better than I expected honestly. There's some issues like if you skip around the video a lot on the Xbox VLC on a video with this kinda bitrate it can cause it to lose the video feed and be a black screen with audio. However, it works, and the video quality is not impacted as far as I can see. I at least have a way to play my US Blu-rays on a proper screen while I'm between dedicated players.IMG_20211224_131453.jpgIMG_20211224_130939.jpg

Geriatric hedgehog

Thousand Master
Yeah my broken one was a launch Japanese PS3 that could play three generations of consoles. Was an absolute beast when it was modded, until it finally broke.
That machine sounds bloody awesome, don't ever get rid of it!
Merry Christmas everybody for tomorrow :)
Likewise, a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year in advance to everyone!

RadFemHedonist

Thousand Master
I'm SO EXCITED for when my mum wakes up so I can give her her presents! I got her four things this year - a colour gradient jumper with pinks, reds and purples, a set of red pyjamas with white polar bears on them (these were both from a charity shop but practically new and unworn), a bigg heckin thicc giant bar of organic vegan soap that smells of rose and sandalwood (it's a nice pink colour), and a teatowel with a gorgeous design of a fox and her two cubs on it (I have a mug by the same designer that I bought years ago) 🥰 It's gonna be an awesome Christmas! :) 👍

Girls with Guns

Combat Butler
Merry Christmas everyone from 5 hours behind, here in Lancaster, Pennsylvania USA!

giphy-downsized.gif

fd625a70211847b76ed87518e87e794e.gif

Last edited:

RadFemHedonist

Thousand Master
I'm SO EXCITED for when my mum wakes up so I can give her her presents! I got her four things this year - a colour gradient jumper with pinks, reds and purples, a set of red pyjamas with white polar bears on them (these were both from a charity shop but practically new and unworn), a bigg heckin thicc giant bar of organic vegan soap that smells of rose and sandalwood (it's a nice pink colour), and a teatowel with a gorgeous design of a fox and her two cubs on it (I have a mug by the same designer that I bought years ago) 🥰 It's gonna be an awesome Christmas! :) 👍

She loves all her presents 🥰 🥰 🥰 👍