The General Conversation Area

CommanderZx2

Great Teacher
Only 10 days left on the Rightstuf Aria the Masterpiece reprinting campaign and it's currently only at 75% of the required copies ordered. Hopefully lots of people decide to order it approaching the deadline else there won't be any reprints at all if it doesn't hit the target.

D1tchd1gger

Flame Haze
Only 10 days left on the Rightstuf Aria the Masterpiece reprinting campaign and it's currently only at 75% of the required copies ordered. Hopefully lots of people decide to order it approaching the deadline else there won't be any reprints at all if it doesn't hit the target.
I signed up on 2 different email accounts (because I forgot I only had 2 not 3 volumes), but haven't heard anything about this. Can you provide a link?

D1tchd1gger

Flame Haze
$50 shipping f that. Vol 4 is still available here, but cutting 1 vol only saves $2.50. Buying the full set is only $30 though! But obviously still makes it more than the 5 plus shipping.

ActionFaust

Combat Butler
$50 shipping f that. Vol 4 is still available here, but cutting 1 vol only saves $2.50. Buying the full set is only $30 though! But obviously still makes it more than the 5 plus shipping.
Yeah I think it really depends on what volumes you're missing, whether they're still available and their usual price on the second-hand market. Given volume 5 usually goes anywhere between £100 to £200 on eBay I'm happy enough to pay Rightstuf's absurd shipping for once.

CommanderZx2

Great Teacher
Yeah I think it really depends on what volumes you're missing, whether they're still available and their usual price on the second-hand market. Given volume 5 usually goes anywhere between £100 to £200 on eBay I'm happy enough to pay Rightstuf's absurd shipping for once.
I've also ordered volume 5 to complete my collection, because even including the high shipping fees and prepaying import tax buying it's still far cheaper than buying elsewhere.

D1tchd1gger

Flame Haze
Just had to email Wordery as a manga I pre-ordered which was released last Tuesday still hasn't been dispatched and down to its "last few" on its page. Never happened before, so hopefully the email will get it resolved. Just got an automated email back saying they received it and I'll get a response within 24 hours.
Meanwhile my pre-orders out today from Bookwalker are on my list, boom ready to be downloaded.

Anime1977

Hunter
Anyone going to London comic con I got priority tickets for Friday. I printed out the receipt but it does not have a barcode only a qr code. is there anything else I need to do?

D1tchd1gger

Flame Haze
LOL, f**king knew this would happen. Yotsuba vol 15 was down to "last few" when I ordered it. Got a dispatch email this morning and lo and behold it wasn't sent and is now "out of stock"!
I'm guessing as it's brand new it's not like the Aria situation and more will turn up, but there's still supply problems, so I've no idea how long it will be.

Shadow Cat

Stand User
I was going to make my own thread for this but not sure it would help anyone else

Until recently the only Digital Manga I've owned (excluding a few I purchased a few years ago) is the Terrifying Tales Kodansha Bundle from HumbleBundle. All of those were Comicbook Files, so the only reader I've used on my tablet has been Moon Reader

Now I've got a few Comixology / Kobo books and trying to read them is kinda annoying.

I hold my tablet with my right hand, and clicking on the right hand of the screen gives the warning "This book was designed to be read Right to Left, to go forward click the left hand of the screen"

As you can imagine, holding a tablet in my right hand... Tapping the left side of the screen is near on impossible and swiping forward is kinda distracting

So... How can you make Comixology and Kobo apps stop being stupid and have a right tap = progress the manga just like Moon Reader does

-----

Wish companies would stop using DRM like this... Just give people Comicbook files so I can read all my manga easily. Only reason I'm buying Manga this way is because physical manga seems to be going OOP super quick recently

WMD

Cardcaptor
I was going to make my own thread for this but not sure it would help anyone else

Until recently the only Digital Manga I've owned (excluding a few I purchased a few years ago) is the Terrifying Tales Kodansha Bundle from HumbleBundle. All of those were Comicbook Files, so the only reader I've used on my tablet has been Moon Reader

Now I've got a few Comixology / Kobo books and trying to read them is kinda annoying.

I hold my tablet with my right hand, and clicking on the right hand of the screen gives the warning "This book was designed to be read Right to Left, to go forward click the left hand of the screen"

As you can imagine, holding a tablet in my right hand... Tapping the left side of the screen is near on impossible and swiping forward is kinda distracting

So... How can you make Comixology and Kobo apps stop being stupid and have a right tap = progress the manga just like Moon Reader does

-----

Wish companies would stop using DRM like this... Just give people Comicbook files so I can read all my manga easily. Only reason I'm buying Manga this way is because physical manga seems to be going OOP super quick recently
Some comics on comixology have a function where you double tap a panel and it zooms in to fill the screen with that panel and then when you swipe it goes through the panels in order. It does seem comic/publisher dependant though but some of your purchases may work that way.

D1tchd1gger

Flame Haze
holding a tablet in my right hand... Tapping the left side of the screen is near on impossible
What are you doing with your left hand? 😏
I normally read lying on my bed so just press the left hand side of the screen. If I do go one handed I hold with my left hand and use the thumb to tap.
I've just checked the 4 different readers I've got:
Comixology
The function @WMD mentioned I nice, especially on mobile, but you still need to tap or swipe the same as full screen.

Shounen Jump app
You can switch to vertical where you can swipe up, but I don't think you can buy books. Just read chapters as they are released.

Google Books
You can use the volume buttons, but only in a feature called Bubble Zoom which scrolls through the speach bubbles and other text. Again useful on phones, but probably would be annoying on tablet where you can read them easily anyway.

Bookwalker
The best of the bunch you can switch sides and make the zones bigger or smaller:
received_557826168777893.jpg
You also get the option to use the volume buttons.

Shadow Cat

Stand User
Bookwalker
The best of the bunch you can switch sides and make the zones bigger or smaller
It sounds like bookwalker might be the one worth checking out for me

They're also the ones who do really good deals and coinback from what I've seen people tweeting/posting about so thats another reason :)

D1tchd1gger

Flame Haze
It sounds like bookwalker might be the one worth checking out for me

They're also the ones who do really good deals and coinback from what I've seen people tweeting/posting about so thats another reason :)
Yeah. There's nearly always a coin back event on and a sale of select titles about once a week plus a wider selection every so often.
There's a 50% coin back offer for new members on their first purchase:

NormanicGrav

At this rate, Christmas will burn
AUKN Staff
Got the day off work today because last week was a 6 day working week heh (it was almost a whole 7 days working week but the training progress was good enough to take a day off). Basically once every while I will have to work during the weekends (at home) as my department does these events once every month.

The past weekend went off the rails due to COVID affecting the structure so everything had to be revamped, but somehow we've managed. I'm being trained for the role but because this past weekend was like an irregularity it's not an accurate representation of what I'll be doing for next month's event.

That said, the people training me said they're very happy with my progress which boosts my confidence for the position. There's a lot to take in with the position compared to my previous job and if things go to plan the contract window could be extended into a proper full-time role.