The General Conversation Area

Good news! I've avoided surgery it seems and today with the physio went really well. I already get to start spending time out of the brace and have way more exercises to do. Considering its only 4 weeks since I broke it, it's pretty amazing news!

Tempted to make a non-ironic "this is what peak performance looks like" meme! Your body did you good!! Happy for you dude, really.

Good news! I've avoided surgery it seems and today with the physio went really well. I already get to start spending time out of the brace and have way more exercises to do. Considering its only 4 weeks since I broke it, it's pretty amazing news!
That's great dude, very glad for you. Always best if intervention like that can be avoided and well done with the physio, that can't have been easy. Good luck with the rest and hope you're back in fighting shape in no time heh.

What did I tell ya, @WMD ? A decently quick recovery by the sounds of it

I imagine this is what your physio will have you doing before long:
tumblr_mgzvqgZfQY1rwu8gjo1_500.gif

lol, sounds rough... I mean, if it's like that in the sense that it's a challenge then you know, that's great and stimulating but if you feel like you were left to figure everything by yourself at your own cost, that's sh.itty.

lol, sounds rough... I mean, if it's like that in the sense that it's a challenge then you know, that's great and stimulating but if you feel like you were left to figure everything by yourself at your own cost, that's sh.itty.
Bit of both really João, I don't mind a challenge and I'm normally pretty quick to pick things up, but nor am I a huge fan of being expected to know things I was never told. We'll see how it goes. I've already lasted longer than several of my colleagues at this point, the whole thing feels a bit like a darwinian experiment in survival of the fittest... Living the salaryman life.

My employers in a nutshell:

"So, training... You, um, do that and this and— Right, that'll do. You're now in a position to be legally accountable for it. We need you to sign this."

🖕😑
Our training was a shambles, we were supposed to get two weeks but with all the appalling IT issues everyone had it was more like one. And then both customers and bosses complain when it seems like we don’t know what we’re doing. Because half the time we [expletive deleted] don’t. I feel particularly bad for the people who got fired over it, but our contracts state that in the first three months they can fire us for pretty much anything they like. Fun times... Just hoping I can ride out those three months and get in the union.

Which are you closer to? More importantly are you a Skate or a Scummer? Or don't you follow football?
Along with @Gemsy-chan IIRC there's someone from Lee-on-The-Solent, someone from the IoW and someone else in the West of West Sussex.

I only ever watch Football when the Euros or the WC are on, otherwise no I don't really follow it.

Funnily enough I've heard of the term Scummer for Southampton but never Skate, very odd, I've lived here all my life as well...

Back