The General Conversation Area

@WMD how're you doing dude ?
Coping is probably the best way to put it. Although the pain is less it's still constant even with painkillers. And having to do everything left handed is a real chore!

I've managed to avoid surgery, at least for now, which is something I guess and go back for another x ray in a couple of weeks. For now I'm stuck in the brace and had to buy some ponchos so I'd be able to wear something lol.

I've also been smashing my way through Fairy Tail and into the final season now which has been fun.

Coping is probably the best way to put it. Although the pain is less it's still constant even with painkillers. And having to do everything left handed is a real chore!

I've managed to avoid surgery, at least for now, which is something I guess and go back for another x ray in a couple of weeks. For now I'm stuck in the brace and had to buy some ponchos so I'd be able to wear something lol.

I've also been smashing my way through Fairy Tail and into the final season now which has been fun.

Constant pain is tiring as hell, I feel you. Hey, a few more days of left-handed living and maybe you'll become ambidextrous! Just kidding, I'm glad you've avoided surgery, it hopefully means you'll be fine without it in the long term. One less headache.

Ponchos are badass and you're marathoning anime, I'm happy for you. You'll do fine!

Constant pain is tiring as hell, I feel you
It absolutely pales in comparison to what you're dealing with right now, but I had tendonitis in my right shoulder a few years ago, and the pain was an utter misery.
It kind of goes without saying but yeah the pain is the worst thing by far.

Hey, a few more days of left-handed living and maybe you'll become ambidextrous! Just kidding,
Haha tbf I have noticed that I'm getting more capable with it. I managed to make scrambled eggs the other day. Cracking eggs with one non dominant hand is a messy affair lol

Ponchos are badass and you're marathoning anime
The unintended benefits for sure!

@WMD I've always wanted a poncho - after I saw The Emperor's New Groove as a child I was OBSESSED with them for a considerable length of time lol... I might make myself one now I'm learning to sew! :) I wish you all the best with your recovery and healing, I hope you will be OK :)

-cue those 90s American TV shopping commercials of people grossly exaggerating their clumsiness to sell overpriced and ineffective cleaning products lol-

Those are great XD

So DHL are a bit of a pain. Missed a delivery. When can I schedule it for redelivery? 9-5 on weekdays. When am I going to be out of the house every day for the foreseeable future thanks to actually getting a job? (please clap) 9-5 on weekdays. And I don’t think the old lady next door would be particularly happy to store a projector screen in her living room for me during the day. What do I do here, just let it get returned to sender and get my money back? It seems like they just don’t deliver outside of those times, at all, which is a bit of a pain since they were the only postage method the Amazon seller I bought from offered.

please clap
PositiveAgreeableAbalone-max-1mb.gif

Seriously guys, this is driving me crazy now. How are people who are not at home during delivery hours and live alone ever able to receive parcels that won’t fit through the letterbox? How does anyone do it?
Is this your first time with DHL or do they simply work differently there? Over here they have your phone number (from the time you ordered) and if they come around and you're not home, they'll simply leave a slip that lets you reschedule the delivery, change the address, leave it at a DHL service point to be taken at your convenience, among other things.

Have it delivered to your workplace or a DHL service point, if those exist. If not, then it looks like you'll be better off asking your neighbor for help.

if they come around and you're not home, they'll simply leave a slip that lets you reschedule the delivery, change the address, leave it at a DHL service point to be taken at your convenience, among other things.

Have it delivered to your workplace or a DHL service point, if those exist. If not, then it looks like you'll be better off asking your neighbor for help.
Yeah, they've done that but they only times they'll redeliver is when I'll be at work. The "local" pick up point is bloody miles away, and given that I don't have a functioning car at the moment I don't fancy carrying a 100" projector screen back from there or from work.

As for my neighbour, they seemed none too pleased even the couple of times RM has left a small parcel with them... Argh. Perhaps I'll just install the largest possible dog flap in my front door and ask delivery people to just shove everything through that. Thanks anyway, João.

Back