The General Conversation Area

It was very good thanks, @Neil.T ! I'm now just about caught up with things again. Wonder how long that'll last :p

Are you still off work? How's the extended rest been?
It's really good, buddy. 😁
I'll never turn down four days off in a row if I'm offered them, put it that way!

Just about to watch an old cartoon film of Transformers from the '80s. I had an audio tape version of it as a kid, and I recently stumbled across a second-hand DVD of it, so I bought it out of curiosity since I've never seen the film proper. Should be interesting.

I should probably really be watching something from my unwatched anime selection, but... 😅

Managed to read the first manga volume of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure in one sitting this morning as well. That's a loan from the library, and they've also got volume 2, so that'll be next. :)

But yeah, you know what backlogs are like, dude! I don't think you'll be up to date for very long. 😆
Especially not with weekly Shounen Jump online! What's running in that at the moment? I'm not up to speed with it.

Don't blame you there! I've barely used any of my annual leave so far this year, so I'm going to have an unholy amount left this summer. Can't wait for that :p

Geez, a film on an audio tape? How did that even work? o_O I hope it lives up to your expectations anyway :p

Ahh, I've never even thought to check whether my local library has any manga. Might be worth having a look, although I kinda suspect it wouldn't have much I'm interested in. I take it you enjoyed the first volume then? I personally felt JoJo's started off really weak and only started getting good during Stardust Crusaders, although I've only watched the anime. Don't ask why I watched about 50 episodes of a show I wasn't particularly enjoying up to that point either :p

Shounen Jump has far too much running in it at the moment! They rejigged it a month or so ago and it now has an absolute ton. I personally am particularly fond of Food Wars, Haikyuu and Dr. Stone. My Hero Academia and We Can't Study too... but I'm reading most of them to be honest :p

Yeah... I do think it may well have jumped the shark. It peaked at the end of the Team Shokugeki to take down Azami, IMO.

I'm still enjoying it for the time being, but it hasn't quite recaptured that feeling it had that made me rush to read it every week.

Yeah... I do think it may well have jumped the shark. It peaked at the end of the Team Shokugeki to take down Azami, IMO.

I'm still enjoying it for the time being, but it hasn't quite recaptured that feeling it had that made me rush to read it every week.
Agreed. The recent arc and El Hermano are signs that the Mangaka is trying to create a final arc and force potential romance where it isn’t really needed.

Has it gone as bad as AoT as that is the worst manga I've ever read. I depise it and makes me angry every month, this month was okay for once I was surprised.
I’m personally enjoying it for the most part, seeing the once whiny Eren become a ruthless tactician was one of the better uses of a timeskip. I am worried that they won’t be able to end it in a satisfying way though.

Its literally destroyed everything I love about the franchise The aesthetic lets chuck a harbour and airships, The friendship of the Trio that whole chapter where Eren was calling both slaves to their bloodline/ titan memories, And the battle against the titans oh they killed them all in the time skip. At least we know Zeke is evil thank god. I hope Eren becomes good or dies but how is at the moment it is like he's dead everything good about him imo is dead. And also Levi is just the same 4 years later exactly the same.

Well, I do think the potential for romance was always there. But the current way it's going it does feel rather sudden and forced, not natural at all. Really not handled well.

I'm so far behind on Titan. I just completely lost track of where on earth the story was meant to be going around the time it turned out the titans where basically prisoners from another country chucked onto the island... or something?

I just read @thedoctor2016 's spoiler out of curiosity and went "...wait what?". It sounds so absurd it almost makes me want to catch up.

I dropped AoT after I found out how Christa's character was treated. None of that for me thanks. I am somewhat aware of what's happening, I'm still curious to see how it ends after all. I just don't want to give it my time. That spoiler though, what a mess it's in at the moment oof.

Geez, a film on an audio tape? How did that even work? o_O I hope it lives up to your expectations anyway :p
It was like an audio book. It had audio from the film, and was narrated. The tape must've come with an accompanying storybook with still from the film, because I remembered some of the visuals. 🤔

The film itself is too hyperactive to be anything standout, but the good old-fashioned hand-drawn animation (by Toei) is very nice. I could've done without the US radio-rock in the soundtrack, though! 😅

As for the whole Attack on Titan thing, I personally gave up with it even partway through series 1 of the anime. I finished watching it but have no compulsion to follow it any further. The pair of live-action films are fantastically bad, though! Has anyone seen those?

I take it you enjoyed the first volume then? I personally felt JoJo's started off really weak and only started getting good during Stardust Crusaders, although I've only watched the anime.
Oh, JoJo's! I forgot, sorry. 😅

Yeah, I did enjoy the first volume quite a lot, actually. I borrowed it just so I could have a little taster of it, really, but now I'd like to read more. The library has volume 2 of Phantom Blood, but the next book they've got is volume 1 of part 2. :confused:

I'll probably end up borrowing it anyway, but it'd have been better if they'd just finished part 1 first.

Oh, JoJo's! I forgot, sorry. 😅

Yeah, I did enjoy the first volume quite a lot, actually. I borrowed it just so I could have a little taster of it, really, but now I'd like to read more. The library has volume 2 of Phantom Blood, but the next book they've got is volume 1 of part 2. :confused:

I'll probably end up borrowing it anyway, but it'd have been better if they'd just finished part 1 first.
Ahh, libraries. Ever consistent.

And I say this as someone who works in a library :p

@Neil.T If you’re interested in JoJo then the legal manga app Manga + is serialising it for free atm. A chapter a week of part 1, it’s how I’ve been reading it. I watched some of the anime and liked it, but I was keen to start the manga so this has been cool way to do so. :)

Back