The General Conversation Area

I dropped AoT after I found out how Christa's character was treated.
I don't follow the manga but her attitude irritated the hell out of me in Season 3.

"Historia, take on this role you were born for and become Titan Jesus and save everyone! This is your big chance to put everything right, all you need to do is sacrifice the most personality devoid character in the show (the one who isn't Mikasa) and just look at him, he WANTS to die! Who wouldn't if they were him?"
"No! I'm my own person and I'm going to live for myself, on my terms! F*ck destiny, everything can get worse for all I care!"
"Historia, take on this role you were born for and become Queen! Be warned though, you're just a symbolic figurehead and you'll never be able to live your life for yourself or on your own terms"
"'kay"

Even the characters appear confused in universe by her inconsistent behaviour.

Precisely. I'm not happy with how the mangaka treated her character, and while it seems petty to drop the whole series for that, I don't really want to watch it happen so I didn't bother watching s3. Honestly, I was losing interest before and this was the push it took for me to decide that nope, I'm not invested anymore. But as I stated, I'm still rather curious to see how things pan out, just not invested enough to bother watching it happen. Reading the wiki page is enough for me haha.
Good thing I don't mind spoilers generally. I saved myself a lot of time.

Eh, I'm not really one to view characters like that - Essentially I see characters as the property of the creator, it's their world and their decision on where to take things. If a character changes for the worse in my estimation I'm more likely to start disliking the character rather than the writer, provided of course I'm still enjoying the story.

Though I suppose it is fair to say I make an exception in cases where characters are written by multiple writers, such as say the Star Wars novels, some of which can go to Hell.

Last edited:
Sure, but it's just something I didn't want to see. At the end of the day, there's no point in watching it if I know I'm not gonna like it. Just my personal opinion on it is all.

Aye exactly. There’s things that I really hate in anime that others wouldn’t even bat an eye about, and certain series’ I just have no interest in watching because of these tropes. No point in watching a series you know you’ll dislike, just seems counterproductive most of the time.

Although, on occasion I have gone into something expecting to hate it only to be pleasantly surprised so that’s why I use the old 3 to 5 episode rule if I’m willing to give a series a chance.

I loved AoT up until the arc that will air next season the anime skipped over my fav arc and rushed bits and made me hate S3 I dont know why read the manga probably to hope it reclaims itself but I dont know why I read it. S3 was one of most painful anime experiences i had I just didn't enjoy it all and everybody seemed to.

I loved AoT up until the arc that will air next season the anime skipped over my fav arc and rushed bits and made me hate S3 I dont know why read the manga probably to hope it reclaims itself but I dont know why I read it. S3 was one of most painful anime experiences i had I just didn't enjoy it all and everybody seemed to.
I didn't enjoy it as much as the first two, for sure. That convenient bottle of "armour juice" was one of the worse deus ex machina I've seen in a while. It feels like they're rapidly approaching the point of "Well, we couuuld wrap things up soon with a satisfying conclusion... Or we could keep dragging this out for another 27000 episodes" which is another problem I have with shonen stuff in general, although really they're at the mercy of the mangaka there. Once a writer gets on the gravy train with a successful series they can sometimes have a hard time drawing things to a close, I think it's always nice when someone has the integrity to know when to stop.

Last edited:
Oh wow, really? :D
How is it? I bet you get some... interesting customers in the mix. 😅
Well, a Uni library. So it's not quite got the full range :p it's mostly fine, but occasionally you get people that... frustrate you. To put it mildly.

Like a student using our IM service to ask me for help with something the other day. I explicitly told her not to do something 3 times because it'd stop things from working, then asked what she was entering as an alternative. Only for her to tell me she was doing exactly what I told her not to do. Despite swearing blind 3 times previously that she wasn't. :rolleyes:

I guess that sort of thing is true for any customer service job, though :p

I was divulging to @Neil.T last about how I eat my tattie croquettes and, despite our relationship being built upon a strong foundation of weirdness and oddities, even he was finding it hard not to judge me! 😅

Does no one else slice them open lengthways to expose the steaming hot potato tube then? 🤔

🤣

Well, a Uni library. So it's not quite got the full range :p it's mostly fine, but occasionally you get people that... frustrate you. To put it mildly.

Like a student using our IM service to ask me for help with something the other day. I explicitly told her not to do something 3 times because it'd stop things from working, then asked what she was entering as an alternative. Only for her to tell me she was doing exactly what I told her not to do. Despite swearing blind 3 times previously that she wasn't. :rolleyes:

I guess that sort of thing is true for any customer service job, though :p
As a student myself hearing this sort of behaviour doesn’t surprise me 😂 I’ve seen similar occurrences when visiting my Uni’s library involving the book scanner.

Back