The General Conversation Area

I have some great memories of Christmas when I was a kid. Aunts and uncles, who I'd never seen, would buy me hai karate gift sets containing talc and aftershave. I never knew what a 7-8 year old was supposed to do with aftershave πŸ™„

demonix

Straw Hat Pirate
I've started to question the logic of some companies, specifically Amazon as over the past few weeks I've purchased an external hard drive, a webcam, a pair of braided USB cables (because the protective whatever on the cable that came with my now garbage phone was starting to fall apart exposing the cables) and a 3.5mm splitter that allows me to use a headset with separate audio and mic connectors on devices that only have a single 4 pole 3.5mm socket.
Today I received an email from Amazon business stating that these purchases are classed as for work and I should be using a business account instead.

I've started to question the logic of some companies, specifically Amazon as over the past few weeks I've purchased an external hard drive, a webcam, a pair of braided USB cables (because the protective whatever on the cable that came with my now garbage phone was starting to fall apart exposing the cables) and a 3.5mm splitter that allows me to use a headset with separate audio and mic connectors on devices that only have a single 4 pole 3.5mm socket.
Today I received an email from Amazon business stating that these purchases are classed as for work and I should be using a business account instead.
Amazon have gone off the deep end recently. It's like they don't even realise they have competition any more and everyone will just put up with their crap. Almost everything they sell is now more expensive to pre-order than it is if you wait a couple of weeks until after release when you can usually knock Β£2-Β£5 off the release date price, sometimes even close to a tenner. Also making certain products only available to purchase by Prime customers, even if said products aren't on sale or discounted. They are doing nothing to retain my business at all.

Can anyone recommend a free antivirus that allows you to schedule a time for updates? I'm utterly sick of Avast - On auto update it just rockets my disk usage whenever it wants regardless of whether I'm doing anything that might interfere with, and on manual update it pops up literally every couple of hours to tell me to update. Then there's its slightly creepy spyware like behaviour telling me I have unprotected documents with personal details in (information I don't ever recall allowing it to access) and that "ANYONE CAN SEE WHAT YOU DO ONLINE" whenever I visit certain websites. I'm definitely ready to be rid of it.