The General Conversation Area

More bubblegum crisis is good.
Thanks to aya and phobos I may have a third thread to write. It may not be a long one as all I know is 2040 and this article UK Anime Network - ARTICLES. The first two being ergo proxy live action (I could maybe do that tommorrow) and claymore:The game! ( I am in love with claymore)
I've also just thought of a bloody roar revival inspired by killing bites. Is that my "season 1" down?

And, I'm back! Longer evening than I expected... I guess most everyone is in bed now, lol... I picked up my mom around 5pm, and we watched eps 15-18 of Magus Bride, and then the neighbor girl next door called and asked about coming over to watch some anime - Her husband just left this morning for military training in Texas for the next 5 months, so she's home alone now, with just their dog for company. She was going stir crazy already, lol. So, she came over and I showed Your Name to her and my mom, and they loved it. My mother and I had seen it before, but with the two strokes my mom had years ago, her short-term memory is very bad, so she remembers very little of the anime she's already seen. I just got back from running my mom home.

And, I'm back! Longer evening than I expected... I guess most everyone is in bed now, lol... I picked up my mom around 5pm, and we watched eps 15-18 of Magus Bride, and then the neighbor girl next door called and asked about coming over to watch some anime - Her husband just left this morning for military training in Texas for the next 5 months, so she's home alone now, with just their dog for company. She was going stir crazy already, lol. So, she came over and I showed Your Name to her and my mom, and they loved it. My mother and I had seen it before, but with the two strokes my mom had years ago, her short-term memory is very bad, so she remembers very little of the anime she's already seen. I just got back from running my mom home.
And what did you do to be surrounded by so many people who love watching anime?
One of my brothers will pretty much only watch kill la kill and still calls me a perv for it, he lives far off now and I can't even get the other brother who lives with me to watch any of the blurays I have in his own time, and he still complains he has nothing to watch.

Magus bride and your name? I haven't been watching magus bride but sounds like a good evening!

And what did you do to be surrounded by so many people who love watching anime?

Magus bride and your name? I haven't been watching magus bride but sounds like a good evening!

Lol, I can be very coercive in getting people to watch anime with me, bwa-haha-haaa... :cool: Between my mom, the next door neighbor couple, and a few other friends I've introduced to anime, I don't have to always watch it alone anymore. Makes it a lot more fun watching with friends.

Ancient Magus' Bride is probably my favorite anime of this and last season, definitely a good one to watch. It's slow paced like a slice of life, but the story is very well done with a generous amount of depth and emotions. The animation quality is on par with an anime movie, and it has vibes of Studio Ghibli and Harry Potter. Plus, Dragons! My only complaint with the series is the overuse of all the awkward chibi shots - I hate chibi in anime with a passion.

Last edited:
Gah, I'm afraid I'm I'm gonna have to miss out on our daily dose of shenanigans for the time being, 'cos I've pretty much used up my mobile data allocation for this month. As soon the first of next month rolls around, though, I'll be back in the game.

Fun fact, though:
What's next, eating a KitKat without separating the fingers? ANARCHY!!!
I actually did this today. I was in a rush, and it was a time-saving measure.

I could never use a phone to post in the forums, I so hate to use my phone for anything but phone calls. I work in IT, and I type on a computer keyboard all day and on my own PC all night; I hate trying to use a virtual keyboard on a phone screen, it's so slow and a total waste of my time. So, If I'm not in front of a computer keyboard either at home or at work to do my typing at an acceptable rate, I don't post anything.

Today is a government holiday, so I'm off work at home today, but I really should be catching up on some housework, so I probably won't be on here too much today myself. This morning I did watch the first 6 episodes of Classroom of the Elite on CR. I'm usually not a fan of high school anime, but at least this one is a fairly serous drama with none of that inanely stupid anime comedy I can't tolerate. I'm liking it so far, although I could do without all the random fanservice shots. I tried watching some of Bungo Stray Dogs on Saturday, but that one has way too much of that inane comedy I just mentioned, so even though I liked the premise of the show, I quit it after just a few episodes due to the amount of obnoxious comedy in it. I basically avoid any comedy or fanservice anime, and especially CGDCT anime.

Last edited:
I hate trying to use a stupid virtual keyboard on a phone screen, it's so slow and such a waste of my time. So, If I'm not in front of a computer keyboard either at home or at work to do my typing at an acceptable rate, I don't post anything.
I used to be much the same, but the bigger phone screens get and the bigger the on-screen keyboards get the more comfortable I am using them for web browsing. Now if only someone would produce a phone with an edge-to-egde screen that omitted the front facing camera entirely (since I never use the damn thing) so it didn’t need a notch...

I used to be much the same, but the bigger phone screens get and the bigger the on-screen keyboards get the more comfortable I am using them for web browsing.

I have a Samsung Note 5 with a stylus, and it's huge size doesn't help. The newer Notes are getting smaller, not bigger - plus I hate those wrap-around-edge screens. I have enough trouble accidentally touching the screen or one of the side buttons while holding the edges of the phone, and sending whatever I am viewing off into oblivion. :mad:

Now if only someone would produce a phone with an edge-to-egde screen that omitted the front facing camera entirely (since I never use the damn thing) so it didn’t need a notch...

Amen to that. I'm not conceited enough to ever use a front-facing camera.

Last edited:
I have so many tabs opened up on my phone browser that the icon that shows the number of tabs opened has changed to a infinity symbol, I have an issue.

How does this even happen?!
This is my laptop at the moment:
OAsGO86.png

(I didn't close them.)

This is my laptop at the moment:
OAsGO86.png

(I didn't close them.)
I know someone else with this problem, I keep trying to understand (like, why wouldn't you just close each tab when you're done with that page? That maximum I ever have is 4-5, and even then only when I'm researching something or collecting references for my studies I need to flip between) but they can't seem to explain why they do it. I think browser tab addiction must be a genuine thing. I need to get them to show me how much memory their browser is consuming one day because I dread to think.

I've got 27 tabs open in my browser right now, - I leave them open because I leave my computer on 24/7, so I can go back to wherever I was whenever I sit down in front of my PC - and Chrome remembers and re-opens them all, even if I close the browser.

My bookmark bar is full of icon-only bookmarks, about 40 in the bar plus 30 more in the pull-down. That's fine for saving home pages of websites, but for stuff like Forums, streaming sites, and Blu-ray retail sites, I like to leave them open at the last page I was viewing.

Bookmarks is where I have issues, I must have over 1000. I keep bookmarking interesting pages to come back to but rarely do.

Anyone else use multiple browsers for different things? I use Firefox for most of my browsing, but Chrome for Google Maps (because it's the only browser it runs smoothly in, thanks Google) and Edge for Netflix, for the same reason. Netflix has an annoying stutter every few seconds in both Firefox and Chrome which people are aware of, but no-one seems to know what causes it and why it happens to some people and not others.

Back