The General Conversation Area

First day back at work was a bit chaotic (as usual), although I did some work by firing up the work laptop last night to clear the 100-or-so emails received.

Now the thinking of doing some sort of tour to Japan next year, will probably be similar (organised) as the China trip, easier to allow someone else to do the bookings & be with a group.

Japan does seem to be a lot more expensive to visit than China.

Although what be slightly annoying is that majority of the holidays I have come across only have dates this year, I want to give myself a 2016 treat

Yesterday was the worst day on my new team...yet. Kinda sick at how people just will always presume I'll do this and I'll do that to the point where they won't do any work on the basis of that. Something as simple as stapling them filing out reports, I'm never rostered to do it in the afternoons yet I help as that's the kinda worker I am yet if I don't stay until it's all done I'm looked at like "why the f*ck is she leaving" as in I'm walking away from something I should be doing. Drives me mental.

Today will be Day 5 of Insanity. I really hope I can at least hack 30/60 days and see some results. I have no arm strength at all so going to order some 1,2 and 5kg dumbbells tonight.

My bum kills from yesterdays "Cardio Recovery" disc. Worked my glutes and legs so hard.

Happy Hump Day Y'All!

This is annoying. USPS tracker says it has been delivered but I checked the reception and my mail box (and my flat door) and it's not there. Granted that update was stated at 7:46am in the morning and normal mail arrives around 11-1pm at our place. Sigh now I'm worried (and no wonder everyone hates USPS).

UPDATE:

Did some research and the 'Delivered' status may actually mean it's been delivered to the Post Office for dispatch. I'll give it the usual post arrival time or else I'll have to wait until next week as the post office times are pretty stupid (they close just after 12pm except for Wednesday and close on the weekend).

UPDATE #2:

Checked eBay and it says the item generally goes to Royal Mail or Parcel Force. So I put my tracking number to both sites and their status is: "It's on its way".

Wow, sunshine today. A bloody cold wind to go with though which is poo. Want to clean up my yard ready for spring too!

Everyone having a nice Saturday/weekend?

Holy crap it is March already! Where does the time go? I finish Uni in 2 weeks then got exams end of April, don't start the final year until October, that is almost 6 months without teaching! Half a year! I best use every second of this wisely doubt I'd get much free time ever again.

TGIF!

Nothing like soon to be spring time here. Just rain. Hope it's nice tomorrow as I'm going to clean the house whilst they boy does the garden. Finally got an installation date for my bay window...MONDAY! Yay. So excited to have a new window that won't let in constant cold air and look like it's raining on the inside from condensation the cold air coming in causes! The amount of mould on my current window frame and under the window on the wall because of this is just eugh. Pretty sure once it's all gone the air in the bedroom may even feel....fresh! Oh to know what that feels like lol. I'm going to be 1200-1400 quid poorer though :( lol.

How are people feeling? What are people getting up to?

I have a very similar problem with my windows - our house is about 100 years old, and the windows are still the original single-glazed kind so have the same issue with mold growing on them very quickly, especially in the winter when it's cold outside and warm inside. I've found some pretty good sprays that get rid of it though. But yeah, a bit of a pain - although I do like the authentic feel.

Weekend should be good - the Formula 1 is back on so I'll be watching that and hopefully starting on some more anime. My backlog is slowly, slowly getting smaller.

I can trump you all re. windows. My parents' house is 350 years old, and some of the windows are original. It's a listed building so they can't change them. Drafty as ****.

I've got a pretty busy weekend. Working tomorrow, then a gig in the evening, then working again on Sunday morning.

What gig Owly?

Lutga, even the sprays don't work :( said stays clear for 6 months, lasted about two. I even had to make the mould and condensation worse by having floor to ceiling curtains to keep out the cold. Once I get the new window I'm going to get my Mum to sew the curtains so they're short and keep the wall under the window clear :)

I'm getting a vented window with the big rectangle part being able to open. Current windows only let the tops open. I'm going to have to wash my curtains on a high temp with anti bac stuff as the moulds gone on that and my net curtain, well thankfully I can bleach that to kill the mould.

The idea of having a fresh aired room excites me and the fact in summer i'll have two big windows to open at the bottom instead of two small ones at the top excites me even more!

I've always loved the window space. My old bed was by the window when I was a child then before I moved out, I had my pc and a chair by the window there. I'd love being by the window. Ultimately once the bay area is nice and clear and clean I'm going to have my wicker chair there to read on :)

What happened to that 'heavy' rain which was forecasted for this afternoon, it's been nice (bit chilly in the wind though) :)

So after spending a couple hours at the local a&e I found out that I scratched my eye (oh the joy) and now have drops to put in hourly. This is going to be fun thankfully I had a quiet weekend planned anyway but still...

Back