The General Conversation Area

I've had a real problem (if you can call it a problem) recently with going to bed really early - I've been going to bed at around 9 / 9.30 - which just seems super early to me, and I hate the idea of wasting time. But I've felt legit tired, even when I've just been at home all day. I get up early (6.30am) in the weeks so it's a bit of a habit for me, but still...

I'm in bed around 10.15 most work nights and up at 6.15, would struggle with going to bed any later than that tbh.

First day back has been simple enough, no dramas while I was off and no mess to clean up (thankfully). Can't wait for the 4 days easter weekend though, I want more time off!

I wish Capital One would stop trying to sell me their "Classic" credit card. Why would I want a no frills 'credit builder' card with a £1000 limit with a stupid APR when I already have a couple cards with 5K limits?

It's the same with barclaycard always trying to sell me their "basic" card.

Work today was pretty much boring, I finished my regular jobs by 11am and pretty much spent the rest of the day reading my latest OU text-book (moved onto Information Management) and looking at random stuff on wikipedia. It feels like I have been forgotten about by my supervisor/manager.

Lutga said:
I've had a real problem (if you can call it a problem) recently with going to bed really early - I've been going to bed at around 9 / 9.30 - which just seems super early to me, and I hate the idea of wasting time. But I've felt legit tired, even when I've just been at home all day. I get up early (6.30am) in the weeks so it's a bit of a habit for me, but still...

Oh what I'd give to be able to sleep like you, go to bed at around 23:00-23:30 and am awake before 03:00. We can trade sleeping patterns if you would like.

Gemsy-chan said:
This beast of a ship rocked up today in the solent...the USS Theodore Roosevelt

BrDTPyPh.jpg

Gonna be nice seeing it when i go past Stokes Bay, its here until Friday.

Isn't that the ship which is too big to fit into the main harbour so has to dock outside?

Kite said:
Gemsy-chan said:
This beast of a ship rocked up today in the solent...the USS Theodore Roosevelt

BrDTPyPh.jpg

Gonna be nice seeing it when i go past Stokes Bay, its here until Friday.

Isn't that the ship which is too big to fit into the main harbour so has to dock outside?
All American aircraft carriers are too big for Portsmouth, same thing happened when the USS Enterprise visited a few years ago.

I get what you mean Lutga but try not to let it bother you. I go to bed at 9pm most night through the week due to waking yp at 5.50 (snooze till 6) or 6 (snooze till 6.15). Sometimes I'll do 9.30 or 10 but that's rare. Friday and Saturday I tend to be up until about midnight as my body clock still has me wake around 8.30 and I get out of bed at 9. I like having my whole day plus as I get older, I have no idea what the hell I'd do to stay up so late at night anyway lol.

Did anyone else feel like they didn't get to enjoy their Sunday? My whole morning disappeared with my eating breakfast by 11 then that last AM hour just flew leaving my afternoon shooting by. Bleh.

My weekends always seem to go by too fast these days - especially as the F1 is back on now meaning less time for anime, ha. This might sound crass, but I don't know how people who go out and see friends a lot have time for hobbies as I barely have time as it is and I generally just spend all weekend indoors.

I reorganised my room for the umpteenth time over the weekend, got rid of the bean-bag situation I had going on before as it had deflated and wasn't comfortable to sit on anymore. Kind of a shame though, as I liked the almost Japanese feel of having everything in my room at floor level. I've swapped it out for a wicker chair and coffee table though - not quite as comfy as I'd hoped but it's freed up a little more space.

Anybody got any plans for the Easter weekend?

I had a nice surprise, I took a Thunderball ticket into Tesco today to get checked as I had matched 3 numbers, came out with £110, the other line matched 4 on the Saturday draw (which I must admit I didn't check after seeing a match 3 on the Wednesday) Happy days :)

Kite said:

I had a nice surprise, I took a Thunderball ticket into Tesco today to get checked as I had matched 3 numbers, came out with £110, the other line matched 4 on the Saturday draw (which I must admit I didn't check after seeing a match 3 on the Wednesday) Happy days :)

You must give me your secret to picking the correct numbers or just pick mine for me. Either works.

Congrats on your win.

Lucky stuff! I've got a couple of events coming up at the Daiwa and Japan foundations coming up soon so looking forward to attending those - they're always enlightening.

Phobos said:
Kite said:

You must give me your secret to picking the correct numbers or just pick mine for me. Either works.

Congrats on your win.

My secret is ticking that little box on the ticket which says Lucky Dip :p

Congrats Kite!

Tomorrow I'm helping the boy shop for clothes and shoes and I may shop for shoes for me too were also stopping off at Salvis for some pizza! (I'm missing Rome madly).
I'm holding off on clothes shopping until my Birthday weekend when I'll only have 1 week of Insanity left. By then the size I am in clothes (and boobs) will most likely be the smallest I'll get so it will be fine to shop for myself then.

Sat, Sun & Mon I'm actually hoping to be lazy and just spend time with my Mum, Brother, Boy and the dogs. We'll see though.

Woohoo, with the mark from my last assessment back I have cleared 50% (with one more assessment to go) :)

Just need to get back into the mood of reading up Information Management

Happy Easter!

Everyone having a nice long weekend? My Fri and Sat went nice and slow. Today went too quick for my liking. I aim to go bed around 9 like I do when I have work, ready for Tuesday so I should be waking up early tomorrow so I'll have the whole day to enjoy!

Insanity is also killing my bum. Month 2, JFC!

Yup, Friday and Saturday went pretty slow for me too, which was nice - as when I took some time off work the other week it felt like it went way too fast. Got through a fair chunk of my backlog too, and there's still a day to spare too.

Today is my solitary day off between last Thursday and next Friday. :p

Just been taking it easy - watched the New Japan wrestling PPV this afternoon and was hoping to check out some of the new anime series this evening but Viewster sucks and hasn't got anything up yet.

I just got back from a few days down south. It was my birthday on Friday so my boyfriend invited me to go stay for the weekend. Had a good time, but not looking forward to going back to dissertation reality.

st_owly said:
I just got back from a few days down south. It was my birthday on Friday so my boyfriend invited me to go stay for the weekend. Had a good time, but not looking forward to going back to dissertation reality.

Happy belated birthday.

Back