The General Conversation Area

Earlier today I went to Tesco hoping buy Mum a copy of Frozen on blu-ray for Mother's Day, but they only had the DVD. I love Mum too much to let her endure standard definition, so I bought perfume instead.

Frustrates me that Blu Ray still hasn't gone mainstream yet - I genuinely think most people just don't understand the difference

Lutga said:
Frustrates me that Blu Ray still hasn't gone mainstream yet - I genuinely think most people just don't understand the difference

I think that's less to do with people understanding the difference between Blu-Ray and DVD and more to do with the gaining popularity of Streaming/Downloading media.

I noticed that Disney are doing their usual BOGOF on Blu-Rays in supermarkets (although the local Asda had a limited selection), so that might be why the Blu-Ray sold out?

@Danielle - A ceilidh.

I think the main reasons BluRay hasn't gone mainstream yet are that a lot of computers still don't come with BluRay drives, and I suspect a lot of, especially older, people don't see the point in upgrading when they don't want to and don't see the point of spending a small fortune on a fancy TV to make the difference in quality worthwhile.

Some laptops don't come with DVD drives anymore, as the makers can make them thiner.

Best is my works laptop, hasn't got a DVD drive, so when the central IT department sends you a new printer/scanner/photocopier device they can't use the software from the enclosed disc to install onto the laptop. Would make sense if they were to copy the disc to their shared folder so when someone phones up they can help and send the software across electronically.

I think I'm coming down with a cold :(

I'll get Bluray once they start making the costs more like DVD. I remember when DVDs cost what Bluray currently do. That was the time I'd still buy the odd VHS! lol.

Woooooo I got my bay window installed yesterday. It's so purdy with 4 windows you can open and two vents in the top ones. Checked this morn and only a standard cm of condensation. No more rainforest water on them! Cleaned the mould on the sides and underneath and hopefully I'll never see that AGAIN. The roof couldnt be guttered cause of the depth of it so someones coming to melt the roof work again to get rid of the cracks and wear so no more water leaking in meaning no more mould on the bay roof soon :)

I'm on day 5 of a headache. It's becoming a massive pain in my bum. Hope it's nothing serious. I'm used to the odd 3 day headache but this is ridiculous now.

I have a feeling I'm going to get a crap mark for this latest OU assessment (HR related questions) :(

Getting diverted from trying to type it doesn't help either *slaps hand and forces self to go back to work*

The workplace just ended up feeling like playground politics for my yesterday Kite and I cba with it.

Today is better but probably because it's FRIDAY!

Peoples plans for the weekend?

I'm going to sort out the garden a bit more tomorrow then in the evening go to my friends house for tea, a film and some sober cards against humanity lol. Sunday is a much needed rest day. Well except for the 40 mins of Insanity I will have to do lol.

Looking forward to sitting down and blasting through Final Fantasy Type Zero / the FF 15 demo over the weekend, nothing like a big gaming session at the weekend to kick back and relax. Been quite a busy week at work, and I've had a bit of a cold, so hopefully it'll give me a chance to rest up too.

Been trying to convince my family to come and see The Tale of Princess Kaguya with me - but it's not on at our usual local cinema.

Well it's Friday and the end of my week off. Had some much needed unwinding time, but had a bad cold/throat all week :/

binged on an anime or two and played my vita as well as doing some diy at home and hanging with my nieces for a day. Wednesday was a lovely day so went Park with a friend and had some lunchtime drinks.

Off out for some drinks tonight and crashing at my mates for films and then football tomorrow.

Dread going back to work after a week off :/

Hows the gaming going Lutga?

Britguy, I do not envy you going back to work after a week off. I feel ick going back just after a day off lol. Speaking of which I have Thursday off so Fridays going to be epic. Sarcasm doesn't type well lolol.

My weekends gone too quick, AGAIN. Seriously going to have to make sure I clean the house through the week so I have no chores of plans next weekend. Well cept for the hour lunch I'm having on Sat but that's bearable hehe.

Hooked on FF Type 0 more than I thought I'd be - takes some getting used to but the combat system is pretty rewarding. Finished working my way through watching Chobits this weekend too.

Only a two day week for me this week as I've got three days of holiday to use up before the end of March.

Lucky!

In this new job though I actually get Bank Hols off so it's going to be weird but fun that a 4 day weekend is in 2 weeks :) Got my Birthday weekend off too. So worried about arranging something that my non friends won't even attend lolol.

It's been a nice spring day today, noticed that the barber shop is now open on Sundays, so purchased a hair-cut (usual grade 3 all over which will keep the mess of my hair at bay for another couple months).

4-day weekends (also 3-day) are rather good :)

This beast of a ship rocked up today in the solent...the USS Theodore Roosevelt

BrDTPyPh.jpg

Gonna be nice seeing it when i go past Stokes Bay, its here until Friday.

Just googled the ship. That must be ace to see in th flesh so to speak Gemsy!

Today sucks. My brain is literally not letting me stop thinking/being reminded about the worst period of my life (so far?). I really don't like this and I'm trying not to cry. Hoping when I go on my lunch hour I can take my mind off it. Tis pooooooooooooo.

Back