The General Conversation Area

Lutga I feel the same. I'm still trying to get through Season 9 of Bleach. I own upto Series 11 now. I still need to watch Trinity Blood, Sekirei, Shuffle and Mushishi (when I find them), Horizon In The Middle Of Nowhere, the rest of ScrYed and I still can't get into Black Lagoon or Reqiuem From The Darkness. I rhink I may sell the last two as they're both pristine with only their disc 1's touched and played.

Going to Chinatown on Sunday for the Chinese New Year celebrations. Mmmmmm food :)

How is everyone?

I'm jealous of my pregnant friend (acquaintance) :(
I also got texted asking if I'm going to Didsbury tonight for an event I've not been kept in the loop on. Was awkward to reply saying no as I don't know anything lol.

Black Lagoon is really a must watch - the action stuff is obviously great, but I found it fascinating simply for the dynamic between the male and female lead; it's probably one of the most tense I've seen in any anime show, but never descends into obvious will they/won't they laziness.

I really enjoyed Horizon In The Middle of Nowhere too - I like to think of it as a big massive Code Geass parody, with added fanservice and an utterly nonsensical plot.

I picked up Monster Hunter 4 to play over the weekend, so hopefully that's good fun to get stuck into.

st_owly said:
Did you get any pics?

Sadly not, airplane window was causing my focus to be on a little spot on the outer window. Interesting seeing the towns/cities in grid formation (going by street lights)

Enjoy your (UK style ) Chinese food Danielle :)

Today it has been snowing, nice pictures of the white wall to come when back in UK

Thanks Kite, I will. It's not much to save on, literally noodles seems to be where they don't mess up as I got some from a stall yesterday which were SOOOOOO nice.

Lutga, I've tried to get into Black Lagoon 3 times now and can't :(

I think Horizon is my next anime watch now so hopefully can get into it.

So Blogger has updated their policy so that from 23rd March they will no longer allow 'certain explicit content'. The only thing that bugs me about this is from some of my unboxings like High School DxD and other fanservice shows I've posted about might make my entire blogger private.. I'm probably over thinking it.

My bf has bought the Insanity workout. I really want to try and do it too...only for 30 days not 60 but I'm worried I won't be able to or, if I am, that I won't lose any inches doing so. It's because of my neuroma. I can't do proper high intensity stuff for too long due to it eventually hurting...likie jumping. I also have no upper body strength so my weight it all going on my wrists leaving my unable to do certain moves properly so I'm not "feeling" anything. Oh and WHAT THE HELL IS ENGAGING MY CORE!!! I don't know how to :( haha.

Eating out today and tomorrow. Today with work, tomorrow for a birthday. Having to have the healthiest main for both. Joy :p

How be you all?

Has anyone ever taken inspiration from anime through to their everyday lives? (ie. Learning Japanese, martial arts, general interest in other topics raised in shows)

I've kind of had this fascination recently with Haruhi Suzumiya and whether, out there somewhere, a club like the one In the show could actually exist (albeit without the time travellers)

I've started planning a trip to Japan this year! I was originally shooting for September, but leave schedules and stuff may mean I have to accelerate my trip to May. That may prove unrealistic, but we'll see. Been researching flights, AirBnB and places to visit/eat, suggestions welcome!

I'm struggling to think of examples where anime has really influenced taking up a new real life activity. Does wanting to drink cocktails thanks to Bartender count? :p

I'd love to go but it seems super expensive just for the flights alone - I think I'd like to be a little more fluent in the language first too. But still, one day!

I've had my car radio set to Classic FM since I started watching Your Lie in April...

I'm hoping to go to Japan at the start of next year for New Japan Pro-Wrestling's annual January 4th Tokyo Dome show. Pretty tricky trying to convince anyone else to come along though!

Your Lie In April is definitely a pretty inspiring anime from a motivational sense. I read somewhere that people disliked Kaori from the show as she was portrayed as a typical Manic Pixie Dream Girl, but to be honest, I think that's part of the charm - there's supposed to be this quasi-fantastical element that she brings, kick starting the main guy's life and re-opening his eyes and ability.

KimmyKins83 said:
Seriously mate, just how cool is Gargantia On The Verdurous Planet???!!! :D

I am thoroughly enjoying watching this one very much lately! :)

I enjoyed it a lot when it was streaming on Crunchyroll, and kudos to Manga for getting it out so quickly in the UK - but I have to admit it left me a little flat when I watched it a second time round. I like the universe it builds, and it feels very 'classic SF' in a sense, but I think I'd have liked a little more depth perhaps - ie. do the main leads ever actually get together? What is the place Ledo came from really like?

The OVA episodes were great - they could easily have spun another series out of them.

I want to go to Japan but I don't know the language or kanji so I think I'd be too out of it and lost in translation there.

On day 3 of Insanity today. It hurts and I cried through the first circuit lmao. I hope to go I at least make the 30 days and see if it makes any difference to my weight and body lol.

I'm having to have 5 "meals" a day whilst I do it now though. So brunch and linner? lol. I'm going to make those more like a snack as I can't eat that much. Hummus and almond butter to the rescue!

Hows everyones Monday going? I already want to go home now. Don't finish till 4 :(

Back