The General Conversation Area

GolGotha said:
I've given this some thought, and even though I'm not that that well known on here, I would be up for discussing the 'what are you watching this season?' topic...if that's of any help?

If you'd be up for it Gol, you'd be most welcome - so long as we're not pressuring you into it.

Professor Irony said:
GolGotha said:
I've given this some thought, and even though I'm not that that well known on here, I would be up for discussing the 'what are you watching this season?' topic...if that's of any help?

If you'd be up for it Gol, you'd be most welcome - so long as we're not pressuring you into it.

Aww why thank you. Oh not at all, I think I can handle this. Especially if JoJo is involved :p

GolGotha said:
Professor Irony said:
GolGotha said:

Aww why thank you. Oh not at all, I think I can handle this. Especially if JoJo is involved :p

Another one! Prof, i think the possibility of a Jojocast is becoming a reality. The dream is well and truly real.

Annoyed that Sony has taken out £40 for Plus despite me only ever using pre-pay cards and having disabled Auto-Renewal in the past. Apparently it's acceptable to turn it back on at every opportunity then bill me with no forewarning and despite me having never purchased plus directly from them.

I really hate these auto-renewal scams and Sony support is (unsurprisingly) unhelpful and even claim their system doesn't allow for refunds which must mean it is either a lie or it was coded by someone utterly incompetent.

Auto-renewal should only be for a service you would be in breach of law if you didn't have such as car insurance.

serpantino said:
Annoyed that Sony has taken out £40 for Plus despite me only ever using pre-pay cards and having disabled Auto-Renewal in the past. Apparently it's acceptable to turn it back on at every opportunity then bill me with no forewarning and despite me having never purchased plus directly from them.

I really hate these auto-renewal scams and Sony support is (unsurprisingly) unhelpful and even claim their system doesn't allow for refunds which must mean it is either a lie or it was coded by someone utterly incompetent.

Auto-renewal should only be for a service you would be in breach of law if you didn't have such as car insurance.
Pretty much why I have never and will never put my card on any of my consoles, it's ridiculous that it's something you have to opt out of, it should be something you opt into.

I'm usually very careful with these things and if I had seen it tell me it would reactivate auto-renewal when I topped up using a pre-paid card bought from Tesco last year then I would've disabled it again. I did foolishly think that using a pre-paid card would avoid such auto-renewal silliness but it seems that Sony is intent on reactivating irregardless of how you do it.

Also I wasn't sent an email warning me in advance that Plus was running out and would be auto-renewed because I had opted out of marketing emails but since when is we're going to take a large sum of money from you in a few days a marketing email? I get emails telling me I've put money in, they've taken money & I've bought X.

Sony seem to have this little scam down rather nicely.

Nah the pre-paid card was for a year of plus rather than a monetary amount. It seems even if you do a year of plus with a pre-paid card they'll still activate auto-renewal and take it from whatever payment card you have set up on there.

Three 4 day weeks in a row for me now. mmmmmm, much needed :)

I also turn 27 in 7 days. Bleurgh. Not as bothered as I once was considering I went to a student club on Friday and still got propositioned and looked at. Oh yeah, still got it lmao.

Ahh, that takes me back. I haven't been to a proper club since I left uni - I enjoyed it at the time but they didn't tend to agree with me very well by the end once the novelty had worn off, they were too 'laddy' for me.

So, I *finally* have a proper, paid job. Last this week I have my first shift as a part-time crew worker at McDonald's. I'm not exactly jumping in joy as it's not the field I'd prefer to go into, but I'll settle for what I can get for now.

Nowt wrong with Mcdonalds. congrats on the job. My sister worked her way up from p/t staff to store manager earning a good salary and close to being area manager. There's plenty of opportunity to rise through the ranks.

Congrats, Josh. I got rejected from McDonalds a few years ago :lol:

My dad went thusly: Went to Ikea with the husband/flatmate as I wanted some bookshelves for my room, and we both wanted some bits for the kitchen. Saw a nice bit of wood in the bargain corner that was the perfect size for a connecting shelf on top of the 2 cases. Got through the checkout, paid for everything, and went to arrange delivery as neither of us can drive. Had to wait 40 minutes to be served as they only had 1 person on the delivery counter, only to be told "we can't deliver bargain corner items" to which I responded "well why don't you have a sign in there saying so?" Because if I'd known before I bought it, I wouldn't have bothered, as the bus driver would've told me to piss off if I'd tried to get on with a 6 foot long piece of wood.

Tired and grumpy and unimpressed right now

Joshawott said:
So, I *finally* have a proper, paid job. Last this week I have my first shift as a part-time crew worker at McDonald's. I'm not exactly jumping in joy as it's not the field I'd prefer to go into, but I'll settle for what I can get for now.

Congrats! Try to be as awesome as the staff in The Devil Is A Part Timer!, ok? ;)

I hope you settle in well!

R

Joshawott said:

Congrats Josh :)

I hope I can get a job soon.

Back