The General Conversation Area

I think I'm buying way too much anime these days - my backlog has got to a ridiculous size, and even though I keep saying 'I won't buy anything else until I've cut it down more' - I keep getting tempted by deals. I just get paranoid about stuff going out of print or going back up in price. I've always had quite an addictive personality, but this past month I've definitely gone a bit wild with it.

Thanks for the kind words guys. This was my third time applying for a job with them; although this time was at a different branch than the other two. It's more central and is apparently the largest restaurant owned by the franchisee.
I'm admittedly really nervous about starting because aside from a two month stint working as an administrator around this time two years ago, this is actually my first proper job outside of my occasional freelance writing work.

Rui said:
Joshawott said:
So, I *finally* have a proper, paid job. Last this week I have my first shift as a part-time crew worker at McDonald's. I'm not exactly jumping in joy as it's not the field I'd prefer to go into, but I'll settle for what I can get for now.

Congrats! Try to be as awesome as the staff in The Devil Is A Part Timer!, ok? ;)

I hope you settle in well!

R
When I went for my on-the-job assessment, one of the workers there saw me and told me to run, saying that it's hell there. On the car ride back, it suddenly hit me that I should have said "Well, The Devil Is A Part-Timer"...although they probably wouldn't have got it. A part of me is tempted to buy a copy of the light novel just to read during my break there :p.

Lutga said:
Congrats! That means more money to spend on anime, amiright? ;-)
At the moment, most of my money will be going on amiibo - I had just over £50 leave my account for more today and I have well over £100 more pre-ordered (the shortages are crazy - I've got orders in the UK, France, Hong Kong and Japan!). I definitely want to start buying more anime again - it's been too long. I've been eyeing those Kill la Kill sets for too long, but the money I've been earning per month has been roughly equal to the price-tag of each volume and no more.

It's no great secret that we're shortly going to be doing a podcast on what's airing for the spring season, but how do people feel about us covering shows which aren't yet officially available?

Would we be setting a bad example and bringing the site into disrepute, or would it be hypocritical of us not to offer an opinion on something we may have seen?

Personal opinion is that it's a shame when UK reviewers spend all their time gushing about some trendy title that isn't available here while completely ignoring the greatness of some which are. If you're covering everything and want to talk about other shows as part of the mix that's understandable, but if it's called a UK podcast I would personally expect it to focus on titles available to the average UK fan (and it would be doing the industry a favour to mention where each show could be watched without assisting anyone in picking up the unavailable ones, IMO).

I get frustrated when I'm really into a UK-available show that nobody seems to care about ;_;

R

Personally, I think a UK podcast should focus on titles that are legally available to the UK in terms of 'what have you been watching', and obviously mention where they are being watched, and then maybe a comment like 'I wonder if Viewster could pick up X, they pick up a lot of Funimation shows, don't they?' as it not only shows that you want to watch it legally, but could possible cause people to ask Viewster themselves, or perhaps Viewster might see it and consider it?

I think it'd be better to focus on UK available shows, but if you do mention ones that aren't say something like "I really wish [x] was available here, I'd definitely watch a stream" or something.

Yeah, I think that's entirely reasonable. We're hoping to cover as broad a range of things as our contributors have watched, but we'll give more time over to what is available legitimately and be sure to mention what the sites are for each show.

I submitted my dissertation today. Couple more essays to do but I've been ignoring them until this was submitted. Having a nice beer to celebrate, and then going to Newcastle to meet some friends tomorrow.

I've got my final TMA to write up and submit by Thursday, this time on Information Management.

Although with the TMA part of the module passed, I'm trying hard to make myself work at it.

Well it's my 27th Birthday today and I still feel like I'm 24.
My 25th, 26th and now this Birthday just hasn't hit me lol. I've ate so bad since Friday lol. Friday was chinese takeaway, Saturday was Dominos, Sunday was Byron Burger and today was the curry house lol. Tbh before the curry today, all I had was salted popcorn as I went for a 10.30 showing of The Age of Ultron as it's only £5 before 12pm! :D

I've kept up with my exercising cept yesterday I either ate too much or exercised too soon that I ended up throwing up :( burnt my throat from it and after exercising today, it's made my throat worse as if i've smoked and ran in the cold and my voice is going. Boo hiss lol.

How is everyone?

Happy b-day, -Danielle-.

I feel like the question needs to answered, and so I shall. Stuff everyone else, I'm fine. :D Been feeling like a ghost (thanks Mystery Skulls for the line) around here for a bit, but I may have come back to commenting for a bit now.
Kind of living on a financial tightrope, so I've not been able to buy much in terms of anime/manga of late - CrunchyRoll is keeping me from fandom starvation, but would love to buy more physical products - like continuing Sankarea manga, buying Ambitions of Oda Nobuna after waiting so long.

I'm about to raise a Grievance at work

I was given a 2% pay-rise last October, however it still hasn't been applied, even chasing it up every month. I've ran out of patience, I'm now owed around £250 [gross] :(

Thanks for the Birthday wishes!

That sucks Kite! Glad you're ok Chaz! :)

I has a cold. I've had it since Tuesday meaning I last exercised Monday and it's doing my head in. I feel like a flat slob haha. I'm meant to go out for drinks tonight for a co worker and I cba. I feel so exhausted and would atm rather be in bed with my dog and bf making my way through anime. It's poo as I've wanted a social life for ageeeees too but waaah, ill :(

Can't be helped when you gotta be illin'. But yeah, that is just life giving you a hard time - Just gotta go with what feels right and not worry about the "can not do's."
And Anime marathons always help in that regard. :)

Kite - I can imagine the letter going out, with 3 paragraphs of swears and lengthy explanations on how bad the situation is - and then end it with a "So, if you could please sort out this issue, I'd be most thankful, and I promise to never mention this again." Kick their tails in! Hope you get the money back soon - I know what I'd be doing with that money. :)

Back