The General Conversation Area

Hello all!

How was your Bank Holiday weekends?

I started T25 back on Saturday. It's fun. Never feel like I'm being worked hard until I suddenly feel ot as well as start sweating from nowhere hehe. Fits into my day a lot better. Still takes a while to get used to there being no breaks just a constant 25 mins as I'm so used to stopping for water! Lost 7lbs in 2 weeks which is nice. Finally losing weight and not just gaining muscle hehe.

Rui, put me out of my pain, IS VASH A CONTESTANT FOR THE CHARACTER BATTLE???? I DIDN'T NOMINATE ANYONE AND WOULD FEEL RESPONSIBLE IF MY NAMESAKE IS NOT REPRESENTED.

vashdaman said:
Rui, put me out of my pain, IS VASH A CONTESTANT FOR THE CHARACTER BATTLE???? I DIDN'T NOMINATE ANYONE AND WOULD FEEL RESPONSIBLE IF MY NAMESAKE IS NOT REPRESENTED.

I'm afraid that you're going to be feeling responsible, sorry :(

R

I think that's Sky's own shield rather than a government one, the law as I understand it only made ISPs have to provide filtering as standard (I wouldn't know because we haven't changed ISPs since the regulations came into force so nothing ever changed). Afaik the only sites actually blocked by law in this country are ones which catalogue pirated content which the copyright owners are wealthy and powerful enough to have enforced.

Adults don't stop enjoying adult things because they have kids - I imagine this setting is for parents who send their kids to bed at a certain time and don't allow them internet access in their rooms. Which frankly, if you're into censorship, is much more sensible and responsible parenting than expecting the government and ISPs to keep children safe at all times.

"Hacking" sounds like a blanket description written by someone from the Daily Mail who doesn't really know what they're describing or what it entails, but "file sharing" in its literal form is perfectly legal. I guess the idea that kids might share their details, pictures or content they can be identified by on 4chan is possibly not something certain parents would want their kids doing.

Well i went to Southampton today and decided to pop into Forbidden Planet, last time i went they had a huge manga collection....well today it was terrible. I had more manga and anime in my bedroom, so i ended up not buying anything.

On a good note i did buy a new pair of jeans. Thanks to Slimming World i've gone down another dress size.

The 21:00 timing is almost certainly user-adjustable in the settings menu, independent of which "age" setting you are using.

Really though, they're saving you from yourself if your mornings are starting off with a visit to 4chan. :p

Rui said:
vashdaman said:

I'm afraid that you're going to be feeling responsible, sorry :(

R

Nobody else here nominated a CERTIFIED ANIME LEGEND like Vash? I don't even know what to say right now AUKN, I don't even know what to say. Mind you, if he wasn't even nominated he probably wouldn't have made it very far, and that probably would have hurt even more.

There's a store in the Marland Centre in Southampton that sells anime/manga collectibles. I had a quick look and it just reeked of bootleg to me. As i looked round there were some figures, bags and straps but i wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.

I felt sorry for the people who were buying stuff while i was in there.

JEEZU! Books are a LOT cheaper on Amazon. Why have I been buying from bookshops all these years?! I'm still going to browse in Foyles, but I'm just going to come home and buy it on Amazon.

Gemsy-chan said:
Well i went to Southampton today and decided to pop into Forbidden Planet, last time i went they had a huge manga collection....well today it was terrible. I had more manga and anime in my bedroom, so i ended up not buying anything.

On a good note i did buy a new pair of jeans. Thanks to Slimming World i've gone down another dress size.

I know they rearranged the basement, after it got flooded with sewage and it may have shrunk a bit then, but they still had a reasonable selection the last time I went in, which was just before Easter. It sounds like they have reduced it even further since then.

It was quite good as all the older Viz mangas where 3 for 2 so they generally worked out at around the same price as ordering them from Amazon.

KevinB said:
Gemsy-chan said:

I know they rearranged the basement, after it got flooded with sewage and it may have shrunk a bit then, but they still had a reasonable selection the last time I went in, which was just before Easter. It sounds like they have reduced it even further since then.
They had 3 full length bookcase (floor to ceiling) which weren't full and 2 half height bookcase which again weren't full. I was hoping to get the new Fairy Tail manga but they didn't have any Fairy Tail at all which is surprising considering how popular it is.

I remember when the manga took up about a quarter of the basement floor.

Back