The General Conversation Area

Hello Trashbat, I do vaguely remember you. Sadly, the answer is "mostly gone" I think. Unless this inundation of new members lures any of them out of the woodwork to challenge my status as god-king of the forum.

If that doesn't spur them to action then nothing will.

Only vaguely? I'm hurt, ayase. :wink:

That's a shame, but to be expected I suppose. I'm just glad to see the place still quite active. And there's been an influx of new members you say? That's great to hear!

My illogical jealousy really needs to stop...

The girl I have feelings for is leaving to go on holiday for a week in Iceland with her sister tomorrow morning and my mind is already racing with "What if she has a fling with a guy there?" and "Wait...if she goes drinking, as a cute tourist she'll be a prime target for locals".
It's not even just the thought of her possibly having a one-night stand with a guy (although that is a part of it)...the biggest is that someone may see her as just a hot piece of meat - a quick shag - whereas I see her as so much more and the thought that possibly as a result of drinking or otherwise, she might be seduced by a douchecanoe like that.

There's nothing I can do about it, or should even have a right to do about it as we're not together.My head is telling me that I'm being illogical, paranoid and stupid but my heart is....being illogical, paranoid and stupid and I can't stop it.

aewewarvfgrehgtewrrarfretreagregar

TRASHBAT said:
Give me time! My memory circuits need to warm up. I remember your name... :p

@Josh - This is why remaining quiet about your feelings is never a particularly good move, IMO. You let them know your feelings, you screw up, they aren't interested, you're emotionally crushed, your heart grows a layer of stone or begins the transformation into coal/ice inside its stone shell (dependent on stage) and you move on*. But at least you don't have to agonise about it any more. Agonising about possible scenarios or outcomes - Fear, in a way, is the Worst. Possible. Thing. In any situation.

*Though apparently, sometimes they do actually view you as a potential partner..? Wouldn't know about that personally. The few (we're talking count on one hand... pretty much half a hand) people I've actually been out with are those who asked me (or we just sort of fell into the situation) and I thought "why not?" without being particularly bothered if it worked out either way. I always found they weren't my type anyway. My experience of propositioning people I actually want has never been anything other than rejection.

I wish I could give you some advice Josh

I'm fed up of migraines....I've been having the little ***** weekly since I was a child. Spent hours last night curled up in a ball just waiting to be sick with a pounding headache and fever like temperature, seriously the worst feeling in the world :-(

And now I have to go sit in front of a computer screen for hours and hope I don't get another one....

GolGotha, have you considered Gunnar Optics computer glasses? My cousin suffered from occasional migraines, but since wearing them at the computer, he hasn't had one (it's been about 3-4 months now). They take away glare, have a yellow tint, have a 1.2x magnification, and are non-prescription, although Gunnar can make prescription versions for a high price. I've been meaning to get a pair for myself, from Amazon.

Usually my migraines are triggered by stress and the like, but I am due an eye test so I will look in to that, thank you :)

Tinted are good, I need a coloured "underlay" when I read things anyway.

TRASHBAT said:

That's a shame, but to be expected I suppose. I'm just glad to see the place still quite active. And there's been an influx of new members you say? That's great to hear!

Welcome back TRASHBAT, nice to see more friendly faces back here. We've actually had a decent influx in the past couple days, so we have a lot of new people to crack the whip at, er, i mean, welcome in gently >.> How's yourself been?

Hey Arbalest!

Well, my health hasn't been too great recently. I'm going into hospital tomorrow for some nasty injections in my knee and have being immobile for a week to look forward to... Plus, you know, agonising pain. Hah.

What about you? :D

At least you can make jokes about it, but even then =/ I hope things take a turn for the better soon!

I'm ok, i'm still stuck between home and edinburgh all the time, which is pretty horrid. I've been trying to find jobs to move back through for the past god knows how long, but i'm still stuck here. At least i have some income, but it's kind of driving me mad slowly but surely(if i wasn't already). Here's hoping things can at least turn round sooner rather than later, i need a change of scenery pretty badly. Bar that, i'm still the same old, carefree and careless person i've always been. Talking too much about games, i need a new hobby >.>

Thanks. Unfortunately, it's long term, so all I can do is strive to a point where I don't feel too crappy. Which hasn't happened yet and it's been three years... But hey, such is life. These injections are horrific but do actually help in the long run.

Oh, I understand that feeling. It's unbearable when you're stuck somewhere you don't want to be. Keep at it, though. It's what you want and I'm sure you'll find something eventually. I have my fingers crossed for you.

Haha, there's nothing wrong with that! Too many grow up to be stuffy and boring, totally abandoning there past loves. Likewise, I'm still pretty much the same, but I can't see that changing anytime soon. I'm having too much fun. :wink:

ayase said:
@Josh - This is why remaining quiet about your feelings is never a particularly good move, IMO. You let them know your feelings, you screw up, they aren't interested, you're emotionally crushed, your heart grows a layer of stone or begins the transformation into coal/ice inside its stone shell (dependent on stage) and you move on*. But at least you don't have to agonise about it any more. Agonising about possible scenarios or outcomes - Fear, in a way, is the Worst. Possible. Thing. In any situation.

This. Definitely this.

Been there, done that. Not good for you, definitely not good for your mental health.

@Joshawott: It takes courage to tell another that you have feelings for them, but how will you know if those feelings are welcomed, even reciprocated, if you stay schtum?? You could do it in writing, if face to face is too difficult/awkward at this stage. If a refusal/decline results, you'll at least have an answer and can, at some point, move on.

*Yawns and stretch*

Afternoon all.

Welcome back Trashbat :)

On the topic of headaches and migraines; I'm using Tiger balm for my shoulder right now (torn my shoulder blade, Deltoid & Tendons) and reading up online it seems that the menthol along with alot of the other oils used in tiger balm are great at relieving stuffed noses, migraines and tension headaches, even bad stomachs which was news to me.

Why not give it a go? I'm going to try it next time i'm ill eitherway.

And Ayase; God king of this forum? Pah! Bring it on :lol:

Hello everyone!

Thought I'd drop by and say that I have not disappeared of the face of the planet (not yet anyway) but my last year at Uni is certainly taking its toll along with my job. Regardless, I should probably post more than lurk. :wink:

Yeah, love certainly does suck. Especially when I logically have no real right to feel the way I do, because a few months ago she did give me the "I love you...but as a friend" talk. On Valentine's Day she sent me (and just about every person she follows on Tumblr) a message describing why we're such good friends to her and I was so happy that it actually made me cry. I remember saying to a friend of mine that (Referring back to the time she told me she loved me as a friend), that for once, I actually felt that "love".

Also, I doubt I'll be ordering from Hobby Search ever again. Earlier in the month I ordered the Ultimate Madoka figure from them for about £90 (including postage, so not bad). That went out on the 14th, but there's been a pending payment on my account for the last few days, for roughly £90 (but a few pence less than the original charge). I phoned my bank and they told me it was Hobby Japan and to contact them to get them to cancel it.

Today I heard back from them and they told me that only the bank can cancel it and the second request was made to "verify my details", but they will not actually take the payment. I phoned the bank again and they told me that as it is a pending payment, only Hobby Japan can cancel or refund the transaction at this point.

So I've had to email them again, reminding them that the second transaction was unauthorised and that if it isn't reversed in one business day, I will be speaking to NatWest's fraud team.

Lawrence said:
Actually, Josh, I find that especially when I order from abroad using a foreign currency that the equivilant amount will be initially debited from my account but since fees are incurred depending on your bank, they often then add the fees on after debiting the initial costs and as a result it reappears on your bank statement as another £90 being withdrawn.

If your bank balance hasn't actually decreased since the initial £90 was taken, then I wouldn't worry. It's effectively just the bank ticking every box and making it official.

Also, what's this I hear about King of the forum? If anyone it should be me, I've been around a while too...
I kid, but welcome back Trashbat.t/quote]
According to my statement, the original transaction (£94.97) went out on the 14th and my balance was adjusted accordingly. However, my available balance has shown that a further £90.45 is pending as going out. According to my statement, the conversion charge was £1.25, which means that the two differing amounts don't add up, even when taking that into account.

If that's the case, I have no idea why my bank or Hobby Search wouldn't have say so. Hobby Search seemed pretty clear that it was another charge made to try and verify my account. I've also never had this problem when ordering using foreign currencies before.

Josh: In a previous job I once had a problem where a customer was authorised twice due to a network blip somewhere in the chain (so charged twice, from his perspective) but we only got one lot of money. The bank was holding the other amount in reserve for us and would release it back into his account in a couple of days, except the guy naturally had bills that needed paying. I had to fax the bank and then phone them up and browbeat them until someone went and checked the fax machine and faxed the request to someone else. It took hours to motivate everyone involved to fax this one simple request around until it was sorted out as their attitude was always "But it will go back into his account in a few days, stop worrying!".

R

Back