The General Conversation Area

Cats don't like me, but dogs love me. My dog has become incredibly attached to me, to the point where if I leave the house for even a couple of minutes, when I return she greets me like she hasn't seen me for years xD.

But I have a cocker spaniel and they're generally known as loyal, happy and docile dogs. Eevee's pretty amazing though. 11 years old (12 in April) and I've had her since she was 8 weeks (and known her since she was 2 weeks).

I relented to the power of Cuba and agreed to go with my family. My mum went and booked it today; 3 nights in Havana, 8 in Varadero. The whole experience sounds like its going to be absolute bliss. Cannot wait.

I'm not getting it, but I do when I try to go to AOL. I'm sure there used to be a "proceed anyway" button, how dare Chrome tell me what sites I can and can't visit?

So I arrived home about half an hour ago to hear "your dad's car went off the road this morning, they've only just now pulled him out the ditch".

He's perfectly fine and the car only has one scratch on its side, but dear God did I crap myself.

We've got Red home now :) . He's been great so far, takes his commands quite well and we've even taken on him a wee walk whilst we got bread. He seems really happy to be here and is loving playing with tug-o-war toys, only "complaint" would be he's farting quite a bit, but we'll put that down to excitement :lol: .

65217_481226278601850_2051413457_n.jpg

Ha, nice! Sounds like he should settle in nicely then. It must also be nice to know that you won't have to come down in the morning and have your feet assaulted by a mentalist puppy who has little nashers like pins ahaha.

On the subject of dogs, I gave my 5 year old one a shower for the first time yesterday! I have obviously washed him before, but I've always washed him by hand as the shower is upstairs and upstairs has always been completely forbidden to him. Well yesterday he got so muddy I thought eff this I'm just going to shower him. I decided for some reason to carry him up the stairs, which I quickly realised was a mistake as he's a lot heavier than he looks ha. I didn't want to carry him down the stairs again afterwards, but he was so pathetically frightened of the staircase (which must seem to him like a intimidating portal to a new dimension, to be fair) that I had to carry the fat lump down again. He is completely fine traversing any other staircase in the world.

that is a cracking looking dog :mrgreen: , i am dying to try and adopt a dog from the dogs trust but , since i work 9-5 mon-fri i cant really look after it , which just makes me sad :cry:

Today I found a single penny piece with a pronounced warp. One shall delegate the task of ascertaining its worth as currency to an automated checkout of my choosing.

Zin5ki said:
Today I found a single penny piece with a pronounced warp. One shall delegate the task of ascertaining its worth as currency to an automated checkout of my choosing.

Might be easier to get rid of it at a manned till.

Self-service tills, great way to getting rid of any pennies/5ps [Asda & Sainsburys ones]

Car insurance renewal time for parents, current company wants £240 to renew with them for another year.

Quick search online fines lots of companies offering cheaper quotes. Best I've got is £119, plus the option of £50 cashback via quidco.

Goodbye Ford Insure, hello Lloyds. I can't see Ford matching that quote.

Back