The General Conversation Area

Good stuff Josh. I just got back from an interview which I think went very well. Now I just hope my previous employers give me a half decent reference (which knowing their pettiness they might not).

Thanks. It was hard for me to find references; had to ask my college tutor from 2.5 years ago and the guy whose gaming website I write for.

My Mum was also given a conditional offer at the local hospital today following an interview she had this morning.

There's a gap in the labour market! The professional reference: You provide the gold, they provide the blurb.

(Should you believe that to be an under-regulated field, I encourage you to rent a London flat.)

We will be rivals then, if you get this job - Josh. I look forward to seeing you in the battle field with your shiny name tags and spiffy uniform. Good luck, and beware of Booths baring gifts! :D

I heard back from the local hospital. Apparently, the applicants for the apprenticeship were narrowed down to me and one other guy...who got the job because of more experience.

But it was a fecking apprenticeship?

That is dumb logic on their part, but being shortlisted all the way to that stage is a great sign! Next time...

(Perhaps he had more experience in some other way, like kissing up to interviewers, and the person who notified you was being bitter?)

R

Rui said:
That is dumb logic on their part, but being shortlisted all the way to that stage is a great sign! Next time...

(Perhaps he had more experience in some other way, like kissing up to interviewers, and the person who notified you was being bitter?)

R
I found out because it had been a month of not hearing anything despite being told I would the next day and the person I see at Realise Futures (which is attached to the Job Centre) got pissed off and phoned them and he got back to me today about it. Apparently the applicant did part-time receptionist work while they were at school or something.

I have an interview at Sainsbury's on Saturday...although I've already forgot the name of the person I need to ask to see xD.

Had to have my debit card cancelled due to £5.51 in fraudulent charges made to a variety of places, including Childline...why do they have to be uber dicks and put a charity there?

EDIT:
Turns out it was Mum who made the charges. She claims to have asked my permissions and told me about it...but I know for a fact that she didn't!

So i dont know if anybody noticed, but Sky movies (3) was showing Sakura wars. I managed to record it but haven't watched it yet.

Anybody been upto much?

st_owly said:
As in a donation to Childline? Surely she has her own card to do that...
It was one of those "Add [X] amount to [Charity]" things in shopping baskets.
As for her own card...she's constantly having problems with her bank. I honestly stopped paying attention to why.

It's a pain in the ass as that's put an Amazon order in shitter. £40 Wii U game I ordered when it was listed at 1p, Amazon have said I will have to cancel and re-order as they cannot delay it...so bye bye pre-order price guarantee.

Back