The General Conversation Area

Rui said:
Josh: In a previous job I once had a problem where a customer was authorised twice due to a network blip somewhere in the chain (so charged twice, from his perspective) but we only got one lot of money. The bank was holding the other amount in reserve for us and would release it back into his account in a couple of days, except the guy naturally had bills that needed paying. I had to fax the bank and then phone them up and browbeat them until someone went and checked the fax machine and faxed the request to someone else. It took hours to motivate everyone involved to fax this one simple request around until it was sorted out as their attitude was always "But it will go back into his account in a few days, stop worrying!".

R
Confusing 9.9

This was Hobby Search's initial reply:

Dear Josh Stevens,

Thank you very much for your patience.

Regarding payment by Credit Card, we send a pre-charge to your
card to confirm that your credit card is valid, which is one of your payment,
but this charge will not be withdrawn by us until we finalize your payment.

Our system automatically cancels this pre-charge so please do not worry.

So you can either wait for the pending charge to be expire
(which can take up to a month depending on the card company or bank)
or you can contact the card company/bank to ask for the pending payment
to be cancelled.

If there are any other questions or anything we can assist with,
please feel free to contact us again.

Sincerely Yours,
Karin OTA

So if it was some kind of mistake, I thought they would have said so?

-Danielle- said:
I saw cheese ice cream today in one of the supermarkets we have in our Chinatown...
I'M SO BUYING IT ON PAYDAY! :D
...that actually sounds delicious! =D

TRASHBAT said:
'Ello everyone! Wow, it sure has been a while. Where are my oldies at? :D
heya, long time no see!!! How's it going?

There's nothing I can do about it, or should even have a right to do about it as we're not together.My head is telling me that I'm being illogical, paranoid and stupid but my heart is....being illogical, paranoid and stupid and I can't stop it.
Wrong, theres plenty you can do. Get over it!
No one "owns" anyone, she is free to do whatever she wants, be it getting wasted and going engaging on casual sex or being chaste until kingdom come.
Best thing you can do is get your feelings out there and understand that no is an acceptable answer and move on, if that is the case. But most of all, just hope the answer is positive =)

ayase said:
@Josh - This is why remaining quiet about your feelings is never a particularly good move, IMO. You let them know your feelings, you screw up, they aren't interested, you're emotionally crushed, your heart grows a layer of stone or begins the transformation into coal/ice inside its stone shell (dependent on stage) and you move on*. But at least you don't have to agonise about it any more. Agonising about possible scenarios or outcomes - Fear, in a way, is the Worst. Possible. Thing. In any situation.
*Though apparently, sometimes they do actually view you as a potential partner..? ....
Eloquent Ayase is eloquent.

GolGotha said:
I'm fed up of migraines....I've been having the little ***** weekly since I was a child. Spent hours last night curled up in a ball just waiting to be sick with a pounding headache and fever like temperature, seriously the worst feeling in the world :-(
Hope you get well soon and for good, my sister used to suffer from migraines, but they magically disappeared once she moved jobs. Apparently, her migraines was triggered by stress.

TRASHBAT said:
Well, my health hasn't been too great recently. I'm going into hospital tomorrow for some nasty injections in my knee and have being immobile for a week to look forward to... Plus, you know, agonising pain. Hah.
=( what the hell is happening here!
Hope you get well soon as well, Trashbat.

duoinchains said:
@Joshawott: It takes courage to tell another that you have feelings for them, but how will you know if those feelings are welcomed, even reciprocated, if you stay schtum?? You could do it in writing, if face to face is too difficult/awkward at this stage. If a refusal/decline results, you'll at least have an answer and can, at some point, move on.
Another sensible advice.

Tachi said:
And Ayase; God king of this forum? Pah! Bring it on :lol:
Like I wrote above...

neptune2venus said:
Thought I'd drop by and say that I have not disappeared of the face of the planet (not yet anyway) but my last year at Uni is certainly taking its toll along with my job. Regardless, I should probably post more than lurk. :wink:
Oh, what are you studying?

Joshawott said:
Yeah, love certainly does suck. Especially when I logically have no real right to feel the way I do, because a few months ago she did give me the "I love you...but as a friend" talk. On Valentine's Day she sent me (and just about every person she follows on Tumblr) a message describing why we're such good friends to her and I was so happy that it actually made me cry. I remember saying to a friend of mine that (Referring back to the time she told me she loved me as a friend), that for once, I actually felt that "love".
Not sure what to say here..... =/

Lawrence said:
Also, what's this I hear about King of the forum? If anyone it should be me, I've been around a while too...
Who were you again? :wink:

joanne_chan said:
Slowly recovering from a rotten cold and other related virus infections here.
.... Get welll soon too, Joanne_chan!

I hope this round of illnesses resolve itself soon and everyone is healthy and happy again. Things seem to be quite down lately.

chaos said:
Joshawott said:
There's nothing I can do about it, or should even have a right to do about it as we're not together.My head is telling me that I'm being illogical, paranoid and stupid but my heart is....being illogical, paranoid and stupid and I can't stop it.
Wrong, theres plenty you can do. Get over it!
No one "owns" anyone, she is free to do whatever she wants, be it getting wasted and going engaging on casual sex or being chaste until kingdom come.
Best thing you can do is get your feelings out there and understand that no is an acceptable answer and move on, if that is the case. But most of all, just hope the answer is positive =)
Which is exactly the problem. I know that I have no right to even comment on anything she does or feel the way I do; my brain is constantly telling me that it's stupid. I wish I could have just gotten over my feelings the moment she gave me the "I love you as a friend" reply months ago, but...getting over such strong feelings isn't as easy as flicking a switch. I'm so grateful that my confessing to her didn't ruin our friendship like it has done with friendships in the past, I have avoided the subject ever since I was rejected and have tried to push it to the back of my mind. I actually knew she would reject me when I confessed - I knew how she felt about me but I wanted to tell her to try and get it off my chest and so that I wouldn't feel like I was hiding anything from her. It still creeps up every now and then though, because I am a person that worries a lot (Seriously, I won't even go anywhere near the yellow line on a train platform until the train is there and has stopped and I won't walk towards a river bank) and I'm not sure why, but I can be a very jealous person (probably years of always being overshadowed by both my older and younger brothers...being in the middle sucks).

It's not even the "someone else is doing her!" aspect that pisses me off...it's the thought that someone could see her as nothing but a disposable drink-fuelled one night stand when I see her as so much more. Deep down though, I know that she's not the kind of person who would go to a bar, get drunk and have random casual sex...if anything, it's her sister I don't trust 9.9. When I worry about something, the opposite tends to happen though...so hopefully this is all for nought (especially as last night my mind somehow led to a possible Taken-like scenario...srsly, wtf Brain? Dear Arceus I hope that doesn't happen though...I'm nowhere near as bad-ass as Liam Neeson :p).

You're right though in saying that the only thing to do is get over it, but it's not easy to do. It's one of those things that is slowly trying to sink into the sea, but occasionally finds itself crawling up for air (like with the news of her going on holiday). It will be gone some day but...it's something only time can heal (another result I'll be content with would also be if she one day realises that she does reciprocate my feelings and things go from there, but I doubt it...she's never really had an eye for romance anyway).

*sigh* Sometimes I wish I could just not have emotions, like Kyubey.

chaos - I'm just the man who acts as though he's a god. You're the real deal, obviously (on this forum at least). ;P

Joshawott said:
It's not even the "someone else is doing her!" aspect that pisses me off...it's the thought that someone could see her as nothing but a disposable drink-fuelled one night stand when I see her as so much more.
But I think what chaos is (quite rightly) saying is that it would be her choice if she were to do so. It "takes two to tango" as the old saying goes and I'm sorry to put it so bluntly Josh, but if someone wants to have one night stand with someone who doesn't care about them and isn't interested in a relationship with someone who does care deeply about them, that's still their decision to make no matter how bad a decision you might think it is.

You do seem to be presuming that she would only do those things if she were "led astray" by the influence of others. The more likely scenario is that if she doesn't see you as a romantic interest, she will at some point get involved with other guys of her own volition, whether on this holiday or at a later date. It might be an upsetting thought that it won't be you and may well be someone who doesn't care for her as much as you do, but if the rejection didn't do it then that realisation is also the most likely candidate for being the one that will break your heart and finally sever the romantic feelings you have for her. At this point that's what needs to happen - There's no point carrying a torch for someone who has already made their feelings clear, it's only going to hurt you more when she does start seeing someone else.

Joshawott said:
*sigh* Sometimes I wish I could just not have emotions, like Kyubey.
In a way, that's what negative emotional experiences do, harden your heart and numb your ability to feel. Rejection and failure in emotional matters can turn you into a bitter, twisted individual like me. But to hark back to my earlier allegories for the heart, remember that ice can melt and coal can catch fire. Just takes someone with the flame of passion (or in my case, the MIG welder of passion) and the will to use it on you.

Yup, you are both right. I just hope that it happens sooner rather than later so I can move on sooner and that whatever guy she ends up with is actually a nice guy and not a total douche-canoe (not just as a guy interested in her, but as a friend). I'd be lying if I said it wouldn't sting at first, but once I've got over that, I think I'd be happy with her just being happy, regardless of who she is with...as long as he's not a total douche-canoe, like I said before. But I highly doubt she'd put up with a dick anyway xD.

In a way, that's what negative emotional experiences do, harden your heart and numb your ability to feel. Rejection and failure in emotional matters can turn you into a bitter, twisted individual like me
I'm pretty much like that in my home life...it's just some areas I'm still a naive puppy dog xD

I wouldn't worry. I think in some area EVERYONE is still a naive puppydog, even if they pretend otherwise.

Apart from me obviously. I'm an expert at everything. Which is why my life goes so swimmingly and I don't at all make everything really difficult for myself... Oh darn.

Anyway Joshawott, I hope thins get better. I've been in your shoes and you'll get through with or without and one day it'll all seem incredibly silly.

The annoying thing about what chaos and ayase are saying (about her having the right to the one nights stands etc, which she totally does) is that sometimes, sometimes you just KNOW you're right and that they are doing/about to do something that really they don't want and will regret later. It's super frustrating that sometimes you just have to let people make their own mistakes, despite it being very painful for you and sometimes the person involved when you knew the right answer from the start. Unfortunately people with a vested interest in said behaviour are never the right people to listen to (or at never are listened to). Had a similar problem with my lady last year when she decided it wasn't worth waiting anymore (she spends half of every year over int he US as she can't get a visa here) and figured she'd mess with someone else who wasn't even interested and she hates herself for it now but there was nothing I could possibly have done to convince her at the time that it was a bad decision. To be honest I just hope you're better at moving on than I am :p as I'm still stuck with her and the messy occasionally long distance relationship :p (as well as a string of ex girlfriends that ring me at all kinds of strange times in tears because this or that isn't working out). At least i feel liek I'm proof tat you can be a nice guy and a total pushover and still make it in this world :p For the most part I'm even pretty happy ;)

ayase said:
Tachi said:
And Ayase; God king of this forum? Pah! Bring it on :lol:
Served the intended purpose and lured you and neptune2venus out didn't it? (even if it didn't I'll take credit for it anyway) :p

Hah that is true, though only by a chancing browse on my part - i seem to be coming here less and less and i can only attribute that to 2 things;

1 i'm buying anime but stockpiling it up, seriously i have no more space for my "to watch" pile as it is

2 im still off work, so i have a plethora of tasks and things to do, to improve my room, car, organize social gatherings and spending time with the missus. So i tend to forget alot of my old habits.

Chaos is the god of the website, you can be lord of the forums and i will be master of the random chit-chat :lol: sounds fair to me.

Rui, will forever be "the shadow" sat in the darkness.... waiting.... with advice or punishment, it varies :lol:

At any rate, its nice to see new blood around the place.

FourthLion said:
(as well as a string of ex girlfriends that ring me at all kinds of strange times in tears because this or that isn't working out)

You can introduce them to Josh, this could solve theirs and his problems.

Teo

FourthLion said:
The annoying thing about what chaos and ayase are saying (about her having the right to the one nights stands etc, which she totally does) is that sometimes, sometimes you just KNOW you're right and that they are doing/about to do something that really they don't want and will regret later.
I know there are differring opinions on this (and it's probably more a philosophical/political position than an emotional one) but personally I don't think anyone can ever know what's right for someone else. If you think you know what's right for you and value the ability to make independent decisions free of the influence of others, then you have to respect the right of others to do the sane. Because in the end if it's what they have chosen to do of their own free will, I don't think that can be called a mistake unless they decide it is. And it's also not possible to know they will arrive at that conclusion at a later date.

It probably depends where you stand on intervention, I'm a very non-interventionist person as long as people leave me alone. I'd be a terrible Samaritan.

chaos said:
Hope you get well soon and for good, my sister used to suffer from migraines, but they magically disappeared once she moved jobs. Apparently, her migraines was triggered by stress.

Sadly mine just follow me about haha! Tried removing things from my diet, changing jobs...nothing!

When I was little I used to get them when I was over excited about going to a party or something, which ended up with me getting a migraine and being sick.....missing the event I was excited over lol

Perhaps I just need to start being emotionally cold again I think :lol:

New boss doesn't like the layout of the office, so we've been busy trying to set it up in a way he likes.

He likes completely clean desks, no paperwork to be left out overnight.

Bit of a nightmare for a couple of the girls in the office whom are untidy.

--------------

I'm tempted to head down to Weymouth on Saturday, making use of the South West Trains "Rainbow" day from Salisbury (£10 for one-days travel anywhere inside the SWT network). Should keep me out of trouble and hopefully without spending much money

Rena Ryuugu said:
I have a job interview on Monday :D
Good luck! I've just come back from one. I think it went well; should hear back later today or tomorrow. Wish Mum hadn't forgot which day it was and prepared some proper trousers though (I had to wear some black chinos instead 9.9).

Good luck Rena. :)

I really wanted a DeLorean, a while back. I remember being surprised when I found out they were only about £23,000 pre-owned.

Hmm, I just checked, and it seems they are going into "re-production" from 2013! They will be using new original parts, OEM parts, and reproduction parts, and you can even custom configured your vehicle to have features like an electric engine! http://delorean.com/sales/

Rivaan said:
Good luck Rena. :)

I really wanted a DeLorean, a while back. I remember being surprised when I found out they were only about £23,000 pre-owned.

Hmm, I just checked, and it seems they are going into "re-production" from 2013! They will be using new original parts, OEM parts, and reproduction parts, and you can even custom configured your vehicle to have features like an electric engine! http://delorean.com/sales///quote]
Yeah but do they have a flux capacitor?

Back