The General Conversation Area

I see what you mean, BUT ebay is behind paypal. So, no difference there. Ebay, Paypal, Amazon and Google are technology companies more than auction, payment, bookstore and search companies, so I think this comparison of chemistry and golf is unfair.

The fact it worked in the past, doesn't mean it will keep on working forever and the fact it's not regulated is like I said, they could simply disappear with any money you had on your paypal account and there would be no one you could complain to! Even if you went to the police, it would be the same as complaining about a scammer from Nigeria.....

If you can't escape using PayPal, at least make sure you linked this to your credit card, where you can actually raise fraud complaints more easily than with your debit card.

chaos said:
The fact is, Paypal is not regulated by the FSA means that they can do whatever they want when you hold the money into the account.
I wish more people realised this. Folks talk about PayPal being "safe", it's not at all. They are totally unregulated and a law unto themselves. Taking the recent a-o-l troubles as an example, despite the inconvenience everyone got their money back because Banks have certain legal obligations in cases of fraud. Had the issue instead resulted in PayPal accounts being defrauded it's quite likely no one would've got their money back, at least not from PayPal.

megalomaniac said:
chaos said:
The fact is, Paypal is not regulated by the FSA means that they can do whatever they want when you hold the money into the account.
I wish more people realised this. Folks talk about PayPal being "safe", it's not at all. They are totally unregulated and a law unto themselves. Taking the recent a-o-l troubles as an example, despite the inconvenience everyone got their money back because Banks have certain legal obligations in cases of fraud. Had the issue instead resulted in PayPal accounts being defrauded it's quite likely no one would've got their money back, at least not from PayPal.

Yep, that's exactly how you said.

I've been defrauded on Paypal once, they just couldn't be arsed to help. I went to the company that received the payments and they "couldn't" help me neither. One call to the credit card and a lot of hassle to give the evidence it was fraud, and I've got the money back.

The credit card company was a hassle, but they ultimately sorted the problem caused by fraud on my Paypal account. Glad I had the credit card and not the debit card, as it would have been a lot more complicated.

A word of caution: Do not enter Harrods whilst wearing an unfashionable backpack. You shall, curiously enough, be asked to carry it by hand.

(I decided to leave shortly after entering; it was better to go home and use one's own lavatory.)

So as people know, I absolutely love HTPCs. So when I found out my new computer (Which has to be in the livingroom because no space in my room to put the computer in) had an HDMI port, I was ecstatic. So I've been watching some stuff on it and I have to say, some shows do look good on it than others in 1080p.

Ugh... so I'm on again, I'm like Status Quo. Been busy with computer and girls. Anyhow some might find little PM's who knows. One's that do send me your love back ;)

My work is just falling apart right now. Came in on Saturday in the middle of my manager getting suspended, she had a meeting today and has been re-suspended so it doesn't look good, and there's apparently another 7 people within the company all going to be up for the same thing including the senior cashier in my shop too. It's just ****, this has all come about from mistakes other people made. If Simone and Ann get sacked then I really don't like the thought of working there without them, I love them to bits and this just isn't right.

Mangaranga said:
Been thinking about building a PC, as I have never really had a good one and the Laptop I usually use is falling apart.
I mean, it has a freaking hole in the side of it!

Anyone here good with computers and willing to rate this build?
http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/p/numY
Trying to make one for ~£700 or less.

The setup looks pretty good, last time I made my own PC around a year ago I used this guide: http://www.pictureshack.us/images/67295_Falconguide.png

It's been updated since then and I've even used it to see what upgrades would be best. It shows everything that's compatible and all the best stuff (last updated in April).

Alright so im still signed off work, watching Billy Connolly dvds and playing on minecraft, ive set up my own server so those that are already on have created houses and im now just sorting out the train station at spawn so people dont have to worry about walking from spawn to their house (eventually i'll have a shop at spawn and things like portals to the nether and stuff :)

Taking Tramadol so i can't drive at the moment, the drive to work is a few junctions down the m1 so too far for my gp's liking. Nice to have time off though, despite the migraines every 2 hours at the least.

Hows this place holding up? Me and Voddas had a chat about this place lastnight whilst on the MC server, its just funny how the time has flown! when i joined i was only 16-17, im 22 on thursday! where has the time gone?! lol

Well, hope alls well with everyone :)

Apparently for being such a "loyal customer" Cineworld have now given me an Unlimited PREMIUM Card. It's all shiny, sexy and black.

Also, somehow randomly ended up playing Tachi at Fifa earlier. Just a shame I couldn't win :p .

I wouldn't even touch that game, especially from how much Ryo swears at it... Not so much atm though, thankfully. :p

Good to see you around, Tachi, shame it ain't on better circumstances. I've been hovering around, letting my opinions be known when I felt necessary. Hope you get back to peek health soon, but you dont have to tell your employers immediately... ;)

Back