The General Conversation Area

I did feel like perhaps Shiki should be able to do more, being the main character in a game an' all...so can you tell me what they left out?

well...when he was in "Nayano" form (glasses off) his speed was increased dramaticaly as was agliity and reflexes, he was able to run up walls and across ceillings. I think he also had a strenght boost but i'm not too sure, not that it was needed. Also aside from seeing lines of death, after a while he started seeing the points of origin for death, meaning if he stabbed that it was an instant kill. When stabbed these points remove whatever reason the target had for living, killing them instantly. In the game this was how Roa was killed and stopped from reincarnating. It was the fight with Nero Chaos in the manga where he first saw them, saying "The world is full of death" as he saw them everywhere, and over Nero's animals which he slaughterd easily.

Last edited by a moderator:
You would of loved the fight with Nero Chaos then, there is a downside to these skills though and that's the urge to kill, he sucumbed to it once already (when he strikes down Arcuied at the beginning) Its also happening again currently in the Manga

I think the anime version didn't have enough time with the set eps

EDIT: Just remembered

In the manga at the scene where Shiki is showing Arucied what he can do, she (very politely) tells him that he is a worse monster then her (this is after she's also told him about the points of death)

Last edited by a moderator:
See that matches up a bit more with the Shiki from Kara no Kyoukai now, who is much stronger and a much better fighter than Shiki from Tsukihime anime. But it makes more sense, now that I know things were just left out a bit in the Tsukihime anime :)

EDIT/ I really like your new avatar btw :)

Yeah the anime version is underpowered greately :) All this talk has made me change my avatar again. Well i'm heading out now :) got a fun night out ahead of me so i'll talk to you all later ^_^

hi everyone... sorry to interupt half way through...

The Rise of Manga
12.30 PM, King's College Centre, King's College
Manga comics are sweeping the UK – inspiring local artists, new publishing imprints, and even adaptations of English-language classics. Join us for this fascinating East meets West discussion to mark 150 years of the historic signing of the Treaty of Amity and Commerce between Japan the UK. With Kiriko Kubo, judge of the Japanese Embassy in London /Japan 150 Manga Competition, Manga artist Chie Kutsuwada, and Emma Hayley of Self Made Hero, publishers of the cult series Manga Shakespeare. Chaired by Paul Gravett. Supported by Japan 150. Tickets cost £5 / £3 concessions

finally aberdeen is getting some well needed manga attention. they are screening the girl who leapt through time too, and holding a drawing workshop! yay!

hows everyone's day been?

That's really cool, and you should defo go and see the girl who leapt through time, it's awesome.
My day's been okay, off home in a minute :) maybe speak to you on msn later?

yep! i am off to the pub at five, but probably wont be too long, so i should be about later on! :D

Just found out that Paramount Comedy is becoming Comedy Central over here - ******* Finally! Coinciding with new episodes (Well, I've seen 'em, but whatever) of The Office.

Yeah boy!

Jayme said:
Just found out that Paramount Comedy is becoming Comedy Central over here - ******* Finally! Coinciding with new episodes (Well, I've seen 'em, but whatever) of The Office.

Yeah boy!

You know i only caught sight of one of the teaser ads they were running but i thought that was the case, i'm surprised it took this long like. I just hope we avoid the name change that the Sci Fi channel is getting. Who ever thought that SyFy was a decent name should be shot out of a cannon.

I think I want some of these:

DSC04405.JPG

Back