The General Conversation Area

My aunt lives that way. I visited her a couple of years ago and we went to 'Boro for a day.
I'm sure the wonderful memories will last forever. I hope you saw our best attractions, the two tallest office buildings in the town centre which are both entirely empty of tenants above the ground floor. You can collect a full set of Middlesbrough visitor stamps by giving 20p to every beggar, which can then be redeemed at the Job Centre for a free derisory sneer.

What happened to gaming mouse design in the past six years, Jesus. They've gone from looking like nice smooth, aesthetic '60s sportscars to outlandish modern supercar concepts owned by rappers. I feel like setting up a company to make tasteful gaming peripherals.

What happened to gaming mouse design in the past six years, Jesus. They've gone from looking like nice smooth, aesthetic '60s sportscars to outlandish modern supercar concepts owned by rappers. I feel like setting up a company to make tasteful gaming peripherals.

I like to think we've gone from G1 transformers to Bayformers.

What happened to gaming mouse design in the past six years, Jesus. They've gone from looking like nice smooth, aesthetic '60s sportscars to outlandish modern supercar concepts owned by rappers.
For want of a better phrase, it's the bismuth approach to product design: edges earn dollars.

Had no hot water since Saturday & my housing association expects me to wait till next Monday to have it fixed as it's classed as urgent & not an emergency (I'd hate to have a non-urgent repair). I'm actually tempted to just buy a new element for my tank off of fleabay, fit it myself & then demand the money for it from the scum.

@Watanabe Ken: I know my motor racing, but even I had to Google that one. Well played. :D

Reminds me now of one of my all-time favourite racing driver quotes. After causing a crash, Belgian former F3000 driver David Saelens once declared "I am for 200% sure it was not my fault. These things, they happen in racing now."

"Now"?! Yeah, ever since he started. :rolleyes:

What day does everyone consider the first day of the week? I always thought Sunday was technically and officially the first day. I've just given it a quick google and it seems it's not as unequivocal as I thought. I'm very confused and surprised.

Maybe it's an older generation thing, because I definitely picked it up off my mum. I would say "next week.." on a Sunday and my mum would say " you mean this week" and she would point to the calendar for proof, and it would back her up. But now I'm just confused.

I always consider Monday as the beginning of the week because like Neil said above, Saturday and Sunday are a weekend so it seems weird to me that Sunday would be the start of a week...

Back