The General Conversation Area

I am indeed. You near by?
Boro, currently - Though I've moved about a lot and likely will in the future, Teesside is my home turf so to speak (when I first moved away I never really thought I'd be back here, but here I am). I've spent a fair bit of time in your neck of the woods (specifically the coffee shop in the station). Gotta love that retro games shop in the market, if it's still there.

Boro, currently - Though I've moved about a lot and likely will in the future, Teesside is my home turf so to speak (when I first moved away I never really thought I'd be back here, but here I am). I've spent a fair bit of time in your neck of the woods (specifically the coffee shop in the station). Gotta love that retro games shop in the market, if it's still there.

Yeah, that shop is still going. We actually do pretty good for retro stuff, we have a similar locally run store a couple of minutes up from there. Pretty surreal to hear you describe it haha.

Well, Black Friday looks to be a complete disappointment. Both Zavvi's and Amazon's offers are horrible to navigate and appear to include a ton of stuff that was on sale already (and probably still will be tomorrow) so finding things which are actually on sale just for today is nigh on impossible (well, except for Amazon's lightning deal section, which as per usual is full of hundreds of items of pointless cheap tat).

Is it so damn hard to create a section with only your Black Friday deals, guys?

Well, Black Friday looks to be a complete disappointment. Both Zavvi's and Amazon's offers are horrible to navigate and appear to include a ton of stuff that was on sale already (and probably still will be tomorrow) so finding things which are actually on sale just for today is nigh on impossible (well, except for Amazon's lightning deal section, which as per usual is full of hundreds of items of pointless cheap tat).

Is it so damn hard to create a section with only your Black Friday deals, guys?
I've only seen deals that suggest it's never a better time to get a 4k tv. Other then that all the deals are just crap I can't imagine I need

Yeah was kinda hoping to grab a PS4 Pro due to my old launch PS4 being loud as hell at this point and sometimes spitting out discs (lost so much Nier progress ;_; )but looking at the prices they seem to still be £300 with a couple of games I don't want and I don't care enough to spend that much. That said I guess I could stick them on eBay if they're actual physical copies rather than codes. Might just keep an eye on the Amazon Warehouse for returns as they have the flat 20% off Warehouse items thing again. But yeah, not seen anything interesting tbh.

Yeah was kinda hoping to grab a PS4 Pro due to my old launch PS4 being loud as hell at this point and sometimes spitting out discs (lost so much Nier progress ;_; )but looking at the prices they seem to still be £300 with a couple of games I don't want, although I guess I could stick them on eBay if they're actual physical copies rather than codes. Might just keep an eye on the Amazon Warehouse for returns as they have the flat 20% off Warehouse items thing again. But yeah, not seen anything interesting tbh.
I tore down and repasted that bad boy in a single Saturday. It's quite easy to get rid of much of the noise it's basically just dust old paste or something's loose. If you want to play zero dawn though best get a pro, my base ps4 suffers depression that it aint good enough to run zero dawn without being a jet engine

Yeah was kinda hoping to grab a PS4 Pro due to my old launch PS4 being loud as hell at this point and sometimes spitting out discs (lost so much Nier progress ;_; )but looking at the prices they seem to still be £300 with a couple of games I don't want and I don't care enough to spend that much. That said I guess I could stick them on eBay if they're actual physical copies rather than codes. Might just keep an eye on the Amazon Warehouse for returns as they have the flat 20% off Warehouse items thing again. But yeah, not seen anything interesting tbh.

Went for the pro myself. Figured I can get 53 quid for the games (none of which I want from CEX - assuming physical) and a friend from work is able to get £300 of Currys vouchers for £279. I gave him a £10 cut for arranging and he gets to keep the money from the games. Upshot is ps4 pro that cost me £236.

I tore down and repasted that bad boy in a single Saturday. It's quite easy to get rid of much of the noise it's basically just dust old paste or something's loose. If you want to play zero dawn though best get a pro, my base ps4 suffers depression that it aint good enough to run zero dawn without being a jet engine
I did consider just giving it a good clean inside but I was wanting a Pro for Monster Hunter World coming out so was trying to convince myself to get one, but as I say I'm not willing to pay £300 for one as I don't care that much. I've also already played through Zero Dawn and yeah, my PS4 was loud AF playing it, luckily I use a headset so can't hear it in game.

Went for the pro myself. Figured I can get 53 quid for the games (none of which I want from CEX - assuming physical) and a friend from work is able to get £300 of Currys vouchers for £279. I gave him a £10 cut for arranging and he gets to keep the money from the games. Upshot is ps4 pro that cost me £236.
Yeah that's a great price, around what I was looking to pay (apparently Currys had a miss-price last night and was selling Pros for £199, doubt they'll honour that though).

The only winning move is not to play... Or to cheat by having an extra go, apparently.

4QUWWYo.jpg

Still, I guess the message of the stupidity of nuclear war is still there, because how do you manage to only stalemate noughts and crosses when you went first AND got to put down two in a row?

-----

On an unrelated note central heating and double glazing is an awful combination which I think should only be recommended for people who want to mummify themselves while still alive.

Last edited:
IF little Burnley beat my team Arsenal tomorrow they will be in the TOP 4 and in the Champions League places totally on merit. Above Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool haha. I don't want to lose tomorrow but I think I'll get over it rather quickly once I see Burnley in the top 4 for a few days!?

I sometimes get taken along to Tottenham matches but I don't really support any particular team, though arguably I'd know them and Chelsea best as I'm frequently with supporters of both. I've never been a serious football fan, I just enjoy a good game and I don't buy into the London rivalries but seeing Arsenal lose is a dark pleasure of mine because I know someone who takes it way too seriously and acts like a pathetic, stroppy, child when they lose and sulks for the rest of the day.

Sorry Blaize :p... if it's any consolation though, half my family comes from Lancs too so it's not just about that. (Burnley is a dump nowadays though -_-)

Football has always been a constant in my life but it doesn't control my emotions beyond the 90 minutes, well unless it's a really big game then it can mean abit more. But ultimately once I'm back to watching Anime whatever has happened with Arsenal barely matters to me anymore. I certainly prefer this way as I too know many people who it means a whole lot more to and that certainly has it's downsides even if it means the highs are that much higher for them. I imagine if I lived locally and not down here on the Isle of Wight I would certainly care alot more.

Back