The General Conversation Area

Things are a bit better now that I've gotten that call with my ISP over with since they have to get an engineer out to do a survey and once that is done they should be able to put a new line in and apart from the drop in download and upload speed (because the speeds are all over the place on the street) nothing much is going to change.

Fell asleep early last night and totally forgot about an eBay auction I was watching that finished at midnight. Argh. I'm not going to find those 1970s alloy wheels for that price again...

sT6UFeC.jpg

Instant regret, they were £85 and the cheapest anyone else is selling them for is £175.

Last edited:
I need to walk past leashless dogs and every so often loose horses to get my shopping done, I'm far from the least nervous of people. On the whole though I'm getting used to dogs and most of them just are either excited or curious, and the horses often don't freak out and just eat grass. Sometimes I'm afraid of getting too close to a horse though and you can't do much from behind one

I got bit by a little dog this morning on the leg. Thankfully the dog didn't have a large enough to jaw to actually do any damage but it makes me so angry, the owner was all sympathetic but this stupid dog came running across the road (because I dared to walk past it) to come and bark and just immediately it tried to bite me. I was too tired after going on a 2 hours trek and was only 3 minutes from home to make a fuss since I was fortunately not hurt but how much I wanted to let out rage at the owner with this simple 4 word sentence and that is simply this 'TRAIN YOUR ******* DOG!'. God the amount of crap non owners of dogs or even other owners of dogs have to put up with because so many people refuse to train their dogs is just never ending. The owners make their own lives a nightmare by having untrained dogs and then they pass that burden on anyone who goes near it. /rant

Advise needed~~

So, Currently my PC has Windows 7 on a SSD, with all my other media on two separate drives

What I would like to do is add an additional SSD (NVME or SATA, Not sure yet) to my PC and Duel boot my system with Windows 7 and Windows 10, Windows 10 being installed on the new drive

While I've done Duel Boot before, this has been to only a single drive and a very long time ago using Windows XP and Linux rather than two copies of Windows.

While I imagine the steps would be essentially the same I would just love to know:

• If anyone has done this before and if you have any general comments to make?
  • Any major problems you have had?
  • How does drive assigning go, considering most programs point to C/ Drive by default, will this be installing W10 programs on my W7 drive, or does everything default to the location of the OS Drive (Example J/)

What I would like to do is add an additional SSD (NVME or SATA, Not sure yet) to my PC and Duel boot my system with Windows 7 and Windows 10, Windows 10 being installed on the new drive
Have you considered running one of the two in a virtual machine or is that not an option?

As for actually dual booting two instance of Windows, I have only done that once years ago with an older Windows version. Back then it was quite a hassle, and eventually I had one instance on a separate hard drive which I powered externally so I could toggle it on/off manually. When powered it would be seen as the first disk in BIOS and boot from it, when powered off it would pick the other drive. But that was before UEFI, so it's not really relevant :p

As for the drive letter assignment, each Windows instance should have it's own assignments. So the C:/ drive in W7 can refer to a different partition than the C:/ drive in W10. So that shouldn't be a problem.

Have you considered running one of the two in a virtual machine or is that not an option?
From my previous experience of VM's, not really an option. I've just never really liked them, not even sure why. It would be interested to know how well gaming is handled in a Virtual W10 though. I might try it at some point.

But already having a Sandisk 480gb SSD not doing much, and from my understanding W10 not needing a product key, just a install disk (I have my brothers W10 USB) the price for having W10 duel booted is Nil

Advise needed~~

So, Currently my PC has Windows 7 on a SSD, with all my other media on two separate drives

While I've done Duel Boot before, this has been to only a single drive and a very long time ago using Windows XP and Linux rather than two copies of Windows.

While I imagine the steps would be essentially the same I would just love to know:

• If anyone has done this before and if you have any general comments to make?
  • Any major problems you have had?
  • How does drive assigning go, considering most programs point to C/ Drive by default, will this be installing W10 programs on my W7 drive, or does everything default to the location of the OS Drive (Example J/)
I would consider getting NVME (you are talking about the MoBo connected ones aren't you?) they boot lightning fast, I have windows 10 on a 512 M2 drive and use a 2TB hybrid HDD mainly for my steam library. I haven't tried dual booting before but I have heard of it even with the ps3, when they didn't patch out the possibility to use linux, some people would dual boot PS3 OS and linux, I kind of get the idea of how it's done though, I only know you can only use one at a time but switch whenever you want. if they are two separate OS on two separate drives, logic would dictate that it still works that way, they didn't do much to get rid of the feature since WinXP.

As for installing programs by default, I imagine it installs on the OS you are currently using, or you will have to find the install path to the other drive/OS yourself, I still think it'd be easier to boot the OS you want a program on and install it. consider making the NVME a primary boot device, I can hardly take a sip of coffee before mine is in windows

Fell asleep early last night and totally forgot about an eBay auction I was watching that finished at midnight. Argh. I'm not going to find those 1970s alloy wheels for that price again...

Instant regret, they were £85 and the cheapest anyone else is selling them for is £175.
Happens all the damn time, I'm eagerly awaiting the ending of an auction and I have to fall asleep when it ends and happen to wake up minutes after it's ended, usually waking up in a cold sweat as I realize the error of my ways, thanks ayase you've made me angry now! All those amazing deals I've missed out on! Argh.

Happens all the damn time, I'm eagerly awaiting the ending of an auction and I have to fall asleep when it ends and happen to wake up minutes after it's ended, usually waking up in a cold sweat as I realize the error of my ways, thanks ayase you've made me angry now! All those amazing deals I've missed out on! Argh.
That's payback for the spider dream, that is.

It's pretty rare I even bother with auctions now, it seems impossible to win anything these days unless you manually snipe at the literal last second. Or it's something no-one else is interested in and you just get it for the initial bid amount. And a lot of dealers in anime/manga merch know what stuff is worth and just list it for sale at market value anyway (though some will always try it on obviously, like how every item on Amazon seems to have one seller trying to sell it for £10,000).

I recently noticed someone had a book for sale I'd have liked, but it was a bit more than I wanted to pay at around £15 so I stuck it on my watch list. Later I noticed the seller took it off "Buy it Now" (presumably because it wasn't selling) and stuck it on a week long auction starting at something like 70p. It was up to about £5 on the ending day, thought I might get it for a tenner but then within the last few minutes it shot up beyond the former listed price and sold for about £18. I was just making incredulous hand gestures at the monitor to the strange bidders who could have bought it outright a week ago for less than that.

Last edited:
So I've fractured some ribs, have a pretty bad "strain" to all the muscles around that side of my ribcrage and pectoral muscle, as well as having a viral infection that has me coughing/sneezing all the time so I'm feeling pretty wonderful about life right now >_>

That said reading the posts above about missing out on eBay listings has reminded me of that time I missed out on all the US Patlabor BDs for a Buy it Now price of £80 that time, and remembering that is an even greater pain than those above are causing me...

Sooo, after a night with shortage of sleep and quite some days of extra overtime, so that I could get out of work early right after lunchtime - to show up for a police summons.
There was this one ebay guy who bought something from me, paid that and sudden was like "Hey, I don't want it after all, gimme my money back!" Well, no sorry, I said no returns in the listing and you have already paid for it? He proceeds to get even more unfriendly saying I was too stupid to understand ebay and it were my duty to pay him back, I could just relist ll free of charge (which is a lie, because I was using a reduced ebay fee offer and certainly did not trust him to confirm reception of any potential paybacks so I'd get my ebay fees back). The most eye rolling thing was "You have to gimme my money back, or I'll drag you to court!" Luna answers with a list of law paragraphs. "You do know those are invalid!" (lol?) yada yada yada
In the end I just send it and than he shut up and after a week he came again "Hey, fraudster, gimme my money back!" Tracking on postage service webpage said, package was in delivery right this day, which failed and is being returned to me, unfortunately no reason specified. I offered to ship again against postage. Well in all honesty I did try to get in touch of the postage service to know why that happened, because it doesn't say so in their tracking. Multiple times and they just didn't answer. Meanwhile that ebay guy had opened a case with ebay. Several rounds of "I don't care, I didn't get anything, it was your duty to have me get it, so it's a scam, so you have to gimme my money back, yada yada yada, gimme my money back or I'll go to the police!" and several further blackmails until he said "I filed a charge, gimme my money back and I'll withdraw it!
Interesting enough the guy had the galls to actually really file a charge. I got a written summons and the claim that was read to me today was "Bought and paid, sender has not sent and doesn't respond to my inquiries."
Oh really? Interesting.
So I gave the policeman the printout of the tracking on the postage service page (that one's in German), a print of the tracking that is tied in ebay (which peculiarly is in English), which I thought is a redundant duplicate, but still added it to to proof that thar tracking is the same package as the ebay one and the message history with all of his antics. I did mention, I didn't know whether the delivery wasn't successful because he refused it or the address was wrong (or the postage company messed up, but they hadn't replied to my emails.) The policeman told me, that didn't really matter, because with the proof I showed I had fullfilled my duty and that ebay guy was obviously not in the slightest bit interested in getting the item anyway and most importantly was lying about "has not sent it" and "has not responded to inquiries". He'll put in a strong suggestion to the prosectution to file a charge for deliberate falsehood and misusing authorties for blackmailing. But unfortunately I wouldn't be receiving any information about how this is going to end. (Same with the policeman himself, who seemed to wanted to know that too, because he was every so slightly pissed about that guy wasting his and other policemen's time.)
Appearantly I can just keep the returned package and the money, too.

All fine and great.

I went to go shopping, they had some nice groceries for half price and I though, yay, nice day, went home, ate my dinner and just turned on my computer to watch some anime, savoring on a free evening I haven't really had for a while. Saw I still had all these ebay pages open in my browser when I prepared the printouts and closed all of those tabs.

And then my eye happened to take a glance of this:

Montag, 18. Sep 2017 13:19 Uhr nicht verfügbar Return to sender
Montag, 18. Sep 2017 11:42 Uhr nicht verfügbar Refused by customer
Montag, 18. Sep 2017 09:07 Uhr nicht verfügbar Return to sender
Montag, 18. Sep 2017 09:04 Uhr nicht verfügbar Refused by customer
Samstag, 16. Sep 2017 16:44 Uhr nicht verfügbar Refused by customer

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA------------------------------------------!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That ebay tracking actually stated the reason, and I just didn't notice, because idiot me only ever had read the first line!!!
I could have shut that ebay guy up right up, if I noticed earlier!!!! I had even given him a link to this damn tacking history! Wouldn't have needed to waste my time try contacting the delivery company! (They probably also thought I was too dumb to read and that's why they never answered? Although it's still not saying the reason on their own website tracking.)
Why the hell is the ebay showing a more complete tracking than the tracking on the delivery company's very own webpage in the first place?!
Like that ebay guy is an absolute moronic idiot digging his own grave as obviously like that and I failed to seize the evidence right before my nose?! BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIN, what's wrong with you!!!!!!

Blast it and the police now has that statement protocol of mine with "I don't know whether he refused it or his address was incorrect" written in there and signed by me. And that is tucked right next to the printout of the delivery history. Which says the above excerpt most clearly in black on white.

Aaah, I just want to sink to the bottom of the ocean. This is just so frigging damn embarassing.

I'm amazed that such a thing would even warrant police attention, let alone get to the point where a cop turns up to take a statement. I think if someone contacted the police over a distance-selling dispute in the UK they'd be told to take it up with eBay or PayPal and not to waste police time.

@ayase
I was actually surprised myself. It's not like it's a huge sum, just a mid-tier two digit figure. You can always file a charge, though. But there is a high chance it just gets dropped, because it's just so "minor". My father once filed one for a ~300€ thing, that file just got killed with no explanation whatsoever, he, I think, got a got a notification that they would not pursue the case anymore. (Well, at least they were honest enough for that effort to put it to a close and not have it be on eternally in process.)
My next best suspicion however is, that perhaps something was off with my name, that's obviously not German. The policeman was totally surprise when I hold my hand out for shaking and even more, more he asked "You have no problem with German?" and I answered in full blown correct "Not at all, I was born here after all." His attitude changed a lot after that. Although that poses the question, why they ever took the file serious. That ebay guy was also having a most peculiar foreign name.

@D1tchd1gger
In a way yes, but it's not called like that (is it really called like that in the UK? öö). When there is proof he told a falsehood or deliberately ommited information that would clear up suspicion, it's a case of wrong accusations by false testimony. Police and prosecution seem to not care about the false accusation part, that's something in the civil law realm. False testimony goes into criminal law. That goes to prosecution and they can fine them or even put them to prison. (That's what the policeman says he is going to suggest to the prosecution. Put charges against that ebay guy after dropping the fraud one against me.) However it's appearantly just a CAN do. It's all up to the prosecution and whether they want to do that. I wouldn't ever know though. In this case I won't hear a thing, because the felony was not against me, but against state institution, so me civilist am not involved anymore.
(Which actually is a pity. But whatever...)
If if were something bigger I could get a lawyer to write up a charge a civil file about the false accusations part and claim reparation for some material damage that I had to specifically take off work early and had to drive specifically to that place and psychological damage of a "loss of joy of life" (that's appearantly seriously a thing, interesting). But then, I'd have a get a lawyer and pre-pay him. (Which is easily three digit.) The police station is on my way home from work and the whole talk took about than hour, well, I'll take it as a lesson fee to read properly next time.

is it really called like that in the UK?
Yup. And wow, if I could sue people for "loss of joy of life" a whole lot of people would be getting sued. :D

Sadly your suspicion is probably correct, mistrust of foreigners (or perceived foreigners) is something all countries' police forces seem to have in common...

Wow. If Germany ever introduced a "Waste ___ time" act, most public institutions would probably just go die right at once. Germany's burocracy and redundance and wasting time at that is rather infamous.

And wow, if I could sue people for "loss of joy of life" a whole lot of people would be getting sued. :D
There is also a "miss of joy of life" (as in like missing the opportunity to have some). Seems to be considered a sort of mayhem. I suppose, if that ebay guy filed that charge, I was on vacation, get the summons meanwhile, somebody happens to inform me and I have to cancel my holidays and buy an extra ticket back, I might have had both in a considerable enough amount?

Sadly your suspicion is probably correct, mistrust of foreigners (or perceived foreigners) is something all countries' police forces seem to have in common...
And we are probably all under educated, too. He asked what I work as and then he asked where I was in-training. I told him I was never in-training, I went to University and then striaght to my work profession. (Lower school degrees don't grant you the permission to study in University, those people usualy go to some workplace in training to learn their profession.)
But I had an impression he was definitely not of high education himself. Like I give him my id card. And he goes and asks "So what of that name is the first and last name?" Like it clearly says FIRST NAME: ___ LAST NAME: _____ on that card... (Or is this a way of hidden interrogation?) And the statement was full of punctuation errors. Just feels odd he wrote that statement in an I perspective and I had to sign it, as if I had written that. If he had let me write that up myself with my 9.5 finger technique, instead of his 2 fingers we would have been finished in 15 minutes instead of 45. =/

Blast it and the police now has that statement protocol of mine with "I don't know whether he refused it or his address was incorrect" written in there and signed by me. And that is tucked right next to the printout of the delivery history. Which says the above excerpt most clearly in black on white.
In the UK, if something like this happens, we just inform the officer that is dealing with it that more information is available (print out the page) and explain you weren't aware of it due to the lack of tracking information on the shipping companies website (Maybe even print out this page as well).

I guess you managed to keep a copy of the message you sent to the shipping company, if so, print that out as well to show you did contact the company

Then they get someone to date/counter sign it and.. well thats it. Just shows your willing to work with the police

Considering its Ebay, wouldn't it have been better for the buyer to go via Ebay/Paypal than Police. While Angry typing is one thing, actually getting the police involved can get into some serious trouble, esp for the buyer if its deemed wasting police time

(Edit, ah that was already covered in the last post... Wasting Police Time not applicable in Germany... amazed it isn't tbh)

But either way, I'm not a lawyer lol

Wow. If Germany ever introduced a "Waste ___ time" act, most public institutions would probably just go die right at once. Germany's burocracy and redundance and wasting time at that is rather infamous.
Oh God no, they can still waste their own time. If there was a law against that I think the entire public sector would be in prison. And the civil service and every level of government from local to national would be in for life.

Hmm. Maybe that's not such a bad idea...

Back