The General Conversation Area

Job hunting definitely sucks - I'm in a pretty similar situation at the moment, although I'm now actually out of a job - but I was definitely really starting to hate things before I got made redundant as we just weren't being given anything to do.

That said, in hindsight now, I'd be tempted to say no matter how much I hated it, I knew that every month at least I'd be getting my pay packet - it definitely always helped soften things, knowing that even if work wasn't great, I had the financial freedom to do whatever I wanted (and have that as one less worry on my mind).

It sounds cheesy, but I'm a firm believer in fate - sometimes the right thing comes when you least expect it. I was in a similar situation fresh out of uni three years ago, and was at such a low point when finally, out of nowhere, I got my job - I can safely say it changed my life at the time. Even if things don't feel like they're working out in the immediate here and now, I try and take comfort in the fact that you can never know what might be right around the corner.

At least hopefully the gym tonight won't be super-heated as it was yesterday.

Only one way to find out, time to head to the gym.

Had to email Amazon. Had an email saying my Kill la Kill part 3 was out for delievery on the 30th. It's now the 3rd but still hasn't arrived. Checked the tracking and Amazons site has it down as lost in transit and to contact them.

How has it got lost when sent via Amazon logistics, their own courier service.

Emulsion said:
Had to email Amazon. Had an email saying my Kill la Kill part 3 was out for delievery on the 30th. It's now the 3rd but still hasn't arrived. Checked the tracking and Amazons site has it down as lost in transit and to contact them.

Maybe the van exploded.

ayase said:
Emulsion said:

Maybe the van exploded.
A few months ago I ordered a couple of blu-rays from Amazon for my brother. Their site said it was at their local depot. Over a week passed without it being sent out before I got an email saying it had been sent back to their head office as 'undeliverable'. I can only imagine that the parcel had been damaged while it was waiting to be picked up by the local courier.

Well, my PC should feel refreshed now, after a good reformatting.
Now is the time of sorting out programs I want installed and deciding to reuse my last wallpaper or not... It was a great one though. :p

This is Roxy the new member of our family. She has been rescued from Serbia where she was kept in a horrible condition. She's very quiet, shy and nervous but now that she has a permanent loving home she'll slowly come out of her shell and show us her personality.

DjzwZhPl.jpg

fz3SvN3l.jpg

Wow, I'm amazed to hear she managed to survive something like that. But as long as she's happy with her new home I'm sure she'll come out of her shell soon!

---

So for those who may or may not have noticed, Rightstuf had a website redesign and for anyone who ordered No Game No Life, it's become a bloody nightmare. They had the set in their warehouse for nearly 2 weeks and their orders have somewhat been a mix of messed up to being behind on schedule (holidays and Anime Expo being the primary reason). Some people now have their copy while mine was still being fulfilled. Just now my card has finally been charged! Except they didn't charge the shipping part (oops?). So for No Game No Life Collector's Edition I've paid off £50 ($77.99). Probably an error on their end or they have yet to figure out what shipping type they would use for my order. Either way I seriously don't recommend using Rightstuf at this moment in time because it's just chaotic, wait a short while before using them because otherwise you'll be waiting god knows how long.

Awwww Gemsy, she's a beaut!!! How did you find out about her in Serbia and how were you able to save her?

I wonder if she'll understand/pick up our language being raised around another one? Always wondered that. My dog was born in Ireland. I wonder if his inner monologue has an Irish accent hehe.

Blitzed T25 Alpha. Threw in an old Insanity workout yesterday too and almost died in the warm up. Shows T25 is still nothing compared to it. Starting Beta tonight. Finally get to start using resistance bands in some of the workouts :)

So I finally turned 18 today. I've been waiting for this for a while, out of all of my friends I am the last to turn 18, meaning I couldn't really go out with them. Planning on going out tonight for the first time, quite looking forward to it. I also got quite a bit of money for my birthday too, so now I have to decide what anime to buy. There's quite a bit I've been wanting for a while so it'll be hard to decide what I want :p.

IncendiaryLemon said:
So I finally turned 18 today. I've been waiting for this for a while, out of all of my friends I am the last to turn 18, meaning I couldn't really go out with them. Planning on going out tonight for the first time, quite looking forward to it. I also got quite a bit of money for my birthday too, so now I have to decide what anime to buy. There's quite a bit I've been wanting for a while so it'll be hard to decide what I want :p.

happy birthday

Back