The General Conversation Area

-Danielle- said:
How's everyone's Bank Holiday going?

Went to my Uni library sorting out a group project involving a mouse game in C++ programming. We tried to figure out how to load a game like loading a save file, we ended up with 103 errors on Visual Studio (LOL).

Did some needed relaxation with a sleep in, went to the gym for a workout, hoovered the car out (first time in ages) and did some light gardening.

It's been a bit of a while since Rightstuf have stated my package has been 'accepted by local post office' in the UK (28th April to be exact). The expected date was 5th May which was rather stupid considering it's a bank holiday. I checked the reception today at the usual 11am arrival time and they don't seem to have it.

NormanicGrav said:
It's been a bit of a while since Rightstuf have stated my package has been 'accepted by local post office' in the UK (28th April to be exact). The expected date was 5th May which was rather stupid considering it's a bank holiday. I checked the reception today at the usual 11am arrival time and they don't seem to have it.
I had that with my Madoka Rebellion order over the Easter holiday.It eventually shown up a few days after the expected date.

Joshawott said:
NormanicGrav said:
I had that with my Madoka Rebellion order over the Easter holiday. It eventually shown up a few days after the expected date.

It might have arrived later today (sometimes they deliver at 1pm for instance) but I think my other Rightstuf orders were delivered by Ups not Royal Mail so who knows. :|

NormanicGrav said:
Joshawott said:
NormanicGrav said:
I had that with my Madoka Rebellion order over the Easter holiday. It eventually shown up a few days after the expected date.

It might have arrived later today (sometimes they deliver at 1pm for instance) but I think my other Rightstuf orders were delivered by Ups not Royal Mail so who knows. :|

Day 10 since it hit the post office and nothing yet, but the second Rightstuf package is now in the UK zone (as of 4th May).

Josh, how long exactly did yours take since it got to the UK? Judging by the 10 days comment and your photo comment, it took maybe 11 days?

Guys, for the first time ever I've opted to mark my amazon.com order as a gift. Since the price won't be anywhere on the package now, does that mean I will probably avoid customs charges? If that's so, I cannot believe I've been so dim as to never mark anything as a gift before! Albeit I rarely order from that site anywho but still!

-Danielle- said:
Guys, for the first time ever I've opted to mark my amazon.com order as a gift. Since the price won't be anywhere on the package now, does that mean I will probably avoid customs charges? If that's so, I cannot believe I've been so dim as to never mark anything as a gift before! Albeit I rarely order from that site anywho but still!

It's possible from what I heard but I have never tried it before though.

Meanwhile, my Rightstuf packages still hasn't arrived. Been 11 days since Package #1 arrived at the local post office [note: expected arrival was 5th May] and 5 days since Package #2 [note: expected arrival was 11th May]. If they don't arrive by the end of next week I might as well give up on Rightstuf (despite not being their fault).

Oh no that's naff! I hate the delays on international shipping so bad. I've been off amazon.com for so long because once I ordered about 2 seasons of Girls Of The Payboy Mansion (guilty pleasure back then so hush :p) and it took like a month with some extra charges on top for me to pay before they'd release it! The same happened with my stuff from HLJ, the charges equalled the cost of two figurines. Dying to go back to HLJ but I just can't because customs needs a foot up the but.

I hope Rightstuf redeems as thats always been a site I've pondered buying from.

-Danielle- said:
Oh no that's naff! I hate the delays on international shipping so bad. I've been off amazon.com for so long because once I ordered about 2 seasons of Girls Of The Payboy Mansion (guilty pleasure back then so hush :p) and it took like a month with some extra charges on top for me to pay before they'd release it! The same happened with my stuff from HLJ, the charges equalled the cost of two figurines. Dying to go back to HLJ but I just can't because customs needs a foot up the but.

I hope Rightstuf redeems as thats always been a site I've pondered buying from.

This is the first time I had a proper delay, the last time I ordered from Rightstuf was back in March and it arrived days before the expected date (and yes, all of them avoided customs including a big box worth $80 that included Gunbuster vs Diebuster Movies set and Rightstuf's catalog). I know Joshawott had a similar issue but mine's taking a little bit longer than his did.

The thing is, I have no idea which delivery it's going to arrive in. Asendia USA handled the international tracking and at one point UPS delivered one (possibly all) of my Rightstuf packages. My reaction at the moment is exactly the same as my avatar pic.

I don't believe that Amazon's gift service exempts them from the legal requirement to put a value on the box, though it might help you argue that the parcel was a gift if it's something over the personal customs allowance but under the limit for a 'gift'. And if it's something which you're overpaying for, I guess not having the invoice inside might be beneficial. When I order from Amazon.com I just go with their priority shipping which prepays customs so Royal Mail don't get a penny in processing fees - the packages usually arrive within a couple of days, too.

R

I think the higher gift allowance only counts for items sent from one private person to another, so if it's from a business marking it as a gift won't count and customs will still use the £15 limit.

From there website

To qualify as a gift:

■the customs declaration must be completed correctly
■the gift must be sent from a private person outside the EU to a private person(s) in this country
■there is no commercial or trade element and the gift has not been paid for either directly or indirectly by anyone in the UK
■the gift is of an occasional nature only, for example, for a birthday or anniversary

Hooray I found out what was going on with my Rightstuf packages! They got hit by customs (both of them). I checked my post box and it came with a silver card saying I need to pay the parcels etc.

I'll have to pay about £35 overall (not including the £8 charge on both parcels though) to grab both of them so once I collected them I can reveal the items via Photos Thread. Unfortunately the delivery office is closed at 12:30pm so I'll have to get up early tomorrow (or any time Wednesday).

Has anyone pre-ordered Haganai Next LE from UP1 (USA)? if so, are they processing your order yet?

I'm asking because UP1 have listed Haganai Next LE as in stock, yet my order is still saying order placed.

Titan said:
Has anyone pre-ordered Haganai Next LE from UP1 (USA)? if so, are they processing your order yet?

I'm asking because UP1 have listed Haganai Next LE as in stock, yet my order is still saying order placed.

I pre-ordered it and it still says Order Placed. They're probably processing and dispatching tomorrow.

NormanicGrav said:
Titan said:

I pre-ordered it and it still says Order Placed. They're probably processing and dispatching tomorrow.

That's what I thought, just wanted to be sure.

Thanks for replying NormanicGrav.

Back