The General Conversation Area

Oooooh nice! Where to Owly?

It's payday tomorrow! I have 3 bank holidays at double pay appearing on this payslip. Mmmmmmm. If only I didn't have a holiday (I've already been on) to pay for! haha.

Last night, I was adjusting my Saber cu-poche when one of her shoulder pieces, which are smaller than a finger nail, pinged off and flew somewhere. I have yet to find it.

Urgh.

Chaz said:
Zin5ki said:
Kite said:
I had no idea what half of the parties on the slip stood for, or any details of the candidates for the other main parties
But therein lies all the fun! Plus, one gets to use a chunky pencil on a string.
I was like Kite - So I just looked at "The Pirate Party" and thought - "Ohhh. Must vote for these guys..." Political Pirates... Something like that just screams obscure and fun. :D

The local papers normally do an election guide the week before the vote, just a round-up of who's who

Maybe because it was the Euros they couldn't be bothered

Melbourne is such a huge city to me, makes Leeds look like a village in comparison! Found a cool shop with loads of anime and manga, think I'll be buying a few things before I head back!

-Danielle- said:
It's payday tomorrow! I have 3 bank holidays at double pay appearing on this payslip.
I get lieu days for the bank holidays, so I've had three days off for three weeks in a row. I still can't decide if I prefer it that way, though.

Joshawott said:
Last night, I was adjusting my Saber cu-poche
Steady on old boy.

I've been waiting for this, a proper ilmae comeback post spree. The last time he came back he was far too quiet. I've been constantly re-reading old ilmae posts for like the last 6 months, but I now have a fresh batch of new material from the midlander wordsmith #inspiration.

Everyone here is eating wraps all of a sudden. The midday precipice once enjoyed (and in my lunchbox, still enjoyed) by the humble sandwich is fast being overcrowded by spiced cylindrical oddities.

I think wraps may already be passe, Subway has replaced them with some blasphemous nonsense called a flatbread. The filling just falls out of the side :/

What burgers do you speak of Ath? I had a cheese burger from the King the other day, and I recommend it. I'm a lot more open to bad eating these days.

vashdaman said:
I've been waiting for this, a proper ilmae comeback post spree. The last time he came back he was far too quiet. I've been constantly re-reading old ilmae posts for like the last 6 months, but I now have a fresh batch of new material from the midlander wordsmith #inspiration.
Haha, I will take that as a compliment. :p

vashdaman said:
What burgers do you speak of Ath? I had a cheese burger from the King the other day, and I recommend it. I'm a lot more open to bad eating these days.
Loads of awesome burger places have been opening in London these past couple of years. Places like Honest Burgers, Patty and Bun, Dip and Flip, MeatMarket and Boom Burger are offering amazing burger goodness. I'm currently attempting to check out as many as I can.

Incidentally, there is a nontrivial chance that my office's workforce will be luncheoning at Byron tomorrow. Such is an advantage of a colleague's final working day falling on a Friday.

I go to Bryon if the guest burger is good enough. I was so disappointed by the Miami Slice. I ended throwing it up later that day. Whether it was the burgers fault, I do not know.

Their triple cheesemas is still the best.

Jack Spratts used to be THE buger place for me. They've moved so I'm lokoing for another. We have mud crab cafe and almost famous burger which I'm DYING to try. We've also got a handmade burger co being built near my work too. We shall see!

I have a job interview on Wednesday for a senior role in another company. If I get it and manage to have them give me the highest they're offering for the role, its a MASSIVE pay bump. I also have an interview in July some time, I'll find out the next set of sessions in a week or so as I couldnt make this months. If this place can't offer me more money when I evidence that where I am now, despite crap wage has a large financial payout due to its benefits and pensions, then I won't even bother applying. Atm they're offering me the same wage I have now and the benefits don't add up as much to here. I therefore want 2k more on my wage that now for me to even contemplate leaving where I am despite the fact I hate all my seniors hahaha.

Good luck with the interview! Hopefully you can get that pay bump.

Incidentally, I'm stopping by Manchester on Sunday and will be checking out Almost Famous as part of my burger quest. I'll report back!

Back