The General Conversation Area

NormanicGrav said:
Day 10 since it hit the post office and nothing yet, but the second Rightstuf package is now in the UK zone (as of 4th May).

Josh, how long exactly did yours take since it got to the UK? Judging by the 10 days comment and your photo comment, it took maybe 11 days?
It was something like that. Something crazy like that.

NormanicGrav said:
Hooray I found out what was going on with my Rightstuf packages! They got hit by customs (both of them). I checked my post box and it came with a silver card saying I need to pay the parcels etc.

I'll have to pay about £35 overall (not including the £8 charge on both parcels though) to grab both of them so once I collected them I can reveal the items via Photos Thread. Unfortunately the delivery office is closed at 12:30pm so I'll have to get up early tomorrow (or any time Wednesday).
Is the silver card at least dated with the day you found it? I found that with my recent RightStuf order, the date on the ticket was for 2-3 days before.

Joshawott said:
NormanicGrav said:
Day 10 since it hit the post office and nothing yet, but the second Rightstuf package is now in the UK zone (as of 4th May).

Josh, how long exactly did yours take since it got to the UK? Judging by the 10 days comment and your photo comment, it took maybe 11 days?
It was something like that. Something crazy like that.

NormanicGrav said:
Hooray I found out what was going on with my Rightstuf packages! They got hit by customs (both of them). I checked my post box and it came with a silver card saying I need to pay the parcels etc.

I'll have to pay about £35 overall (not including the £8 charge on both parcels though) to grab both of them so once I collected them I can reveal the items via Photos Thread. Unfortunately the delivery office is closed at 12:30pm so I'll have to get up early tomorrow (or any time Wednesday).
Is the silver card at least dated with the day you found it? I found that with my recent RightStuf order, the date on the ticket was for 2-3 days before.

Mine was dated on the 10th, both of them. I have them now, finally.

And to celebrate:

Last edited by a moderator:
Another milestone reached - turned 40 today. At least I can say I was working on my birthday even if this is only a temp job (nearly two weeks done, looking at a minimum of five weeks according to the agency).

In terms of presents I got money from my parents and my brother (it will pay for a couple of my recent purchases).

Mistakenly pulling out as a van was going to turn right in front of me, the van stopped and I assumed it was going to carry on moving, so the examiner went for the brakes. My other major was a failure with observations which brought a schoolbus to a standstill, but I'm not 100% what happened for that...

Don't give up though man. Or else you'll end up like me. Tried the test twice years ago, and so nearly past on the second time, but didn't and subsequently gave up on the idea altogether. That failure coupled with the various other failures in my life- being 25 and living with my parents, being unemployed and scrapping out an existence on student loan/grants, and having no clue what my long term career aspiration is- make me the ultimate archetypal scrub/thresholder/bamboccione/parasite-single. At least having a divers license would have been something.

Happy Belated Birthday Mangaman!

I came back from Rome on Thursday. My hay fever came back the minute I landed. God damn pollen. It didn't effect me at all over there! It's naff as well as this was my 3rd time there and easily the best so seeing the sunshine outside doesnt make me want to be out in it, it makes me want to be back there :(

There are too many films.
I advocate a restrictive tax on films to curb their production rate. With this in place, our station billboards will have more space to be used for instructive and educational purposes.

I've just finished an exhibition I was part of with my college class. I made 3 sales and have got one more sale and a few commissions off the back of it. Super happy! It's a lovely feeling that someone likes your work enough to buy it.

Also, my friend's rabbit had babies so I'm thinking of getting two (I read it's best to have a boy and a girl). Anyone got any advice on bunnies? They seem to need quite a bit of looking after.

Voted, I was something like 56th at 5pm, out of an area with 1000-odd voters.

I had no idea what half of the parties on the slip stood for, or any details of the candidates for the other main parties (I would have thought the local paper would have run a guide to whos who)

Kite said:
I had no idea what half of the parties on the slip stood for, or any details of the candidates for the other main parties
But therein lies all the fun! Plus, one gets to use a chunky pencil on a string.

Zin5ki said:
Kite said:
I had no idea what half of the parties on the slip stood for, or any details of the candidates for the other main parties
But therein lies all the fun! Plus, one gets to use a chunky pencil on a string.
I was like Kite - So I just looked at "The Pirate Party" and thought - "Ohhh. Must vote for these guys..." Political Pirates... Something like that just screams obscure and fun. :D

Have a super time in Melbourne! I want another holiday already :(

Hows everyones extended weekend been? I'm sat here in work atm trying to waste time haha.

Back