The General Conversation Area

I've phoned my local depot twice this week (the last time was this morning) and they have no record of any packages for me scheduled to come in. If I hear nothing tomorrow, I'll probably phone the sorting office in London and see if they know anything.

Sure, there was the lengthy period of bank holidays, but I don't see how they could affect something this much.

Joshawott said:
Ten days since arriving in the country, still no Madoka: Rebellion blu-ray...

*sigh*
Where did you order yours from Josh?
I ordered mine through UP1USA and got it over a week ago. It even came with the clear files to my surprise.

Mangaranga said:
Joshawott said:
Ten days since arriving in the country, still no Madoka: Rebellion blu-ray...

*sigh*
Where did you order yours from Josh?
I ordered mine through UP1USA and got it over a week ago. It even came with the clear files to my surprise.
RightStuf.

Next time I'll be using UP1 for sure 9.9

I turned 26 yesterday. It's still not hit me the way turning 25 didn't. Im therefore 24 I guess haha.

Had the biggest pig weekend from it. I'm now behaving with food until I go to Rome on May 11th!

I was reading an academic book about Japanese 'street fashion' and it's crazy sub-cultures.I know it's meant to be a teenage thing, but was thinking I should join one an see what all the fuss is about when I'm over there, they even have them over here nowadays too apparently. The only question is which one? I think I have a pretty good skin tone to be a gyaru guy without having to fake tan, however I simply cannot abide by that ridiculous 'trolls' style hair those dudes insist on having. I don't think guys can be lolita, and to be honest it just wouldn't be me anyway. But then I came across these so called "Mori Girls", yes I think I could get down with them. I think I could tick nearly every box on this list, well aside from the camera thing:

mlA7gCC.jpg

In fact I may already be a Mori guy but just never knew it. Do we have any 'Mori' here?

st_owly said:
Ouji is boy-Lolita. Think Victorian boys.

Ah, but I really dislike Victorian garbs, in fact I can't think of any other type of clothing I'd rather wear less. I don't want to dress like a plantation owner.

Mori is the way to go for me. I like nature and being natural (a couple years ago I even went like a year or two without wearing any deodorant! No lie.), and it sounds like a quirky style without resorting to plantation owner steezery. And as most people around here know, I never take conventional pharmaceutical medicine. I already live this mori ****. Holla at me.

Having never really fully understood what the term Hipster actually means, I decided to wiki it. Apparently it's a subculture of people who don't identify as being hipsters, but who nonetheless buy clothing from thrift stores (apparently flannel shirts, beanie hats, and skinny jeans are their favourites), care for the environment, like a healthy natural diet, is generally left wing, and listen to alternative music. According to one guy quoted on wiki it's the "embodiment of postmodernism as a spent force, revealing what happens when pastiche and irony exhaust themselves as aesthetics."

:? :? Am I the only one who none of that seems to make any sense to? Is a hipster really a real thing? And if so am I one? I reckon I have a bigger penchant for flannel shirts than most men, probably more so than most hipsters, and I am militantly o'natural and into alternative health., probably more so than most hipsters. Ah Man, I wanted to be a mori, not a friggin hipster.

As far as I can tell, hipsters are just an elitist, hypocritical, pseudo-intellectual modern version of hippies.

Just be an old school hippy who cares not what others think of them vash, that seems to tick all your boxes and be a much more laid back alternative.

Yeah definitely,a much better option. Though to be honest I don't think I'll ever self identify strongly with any one defined group. I've always pretty much been between worlds, And that's probably been for the best and probably enabled me to relate to more people.

I recently had a couple of job interviews. While it seems that I interviewed well I have not got either job. What does confuse me though is the feedback from the interviews which I got from the agencies which arranged them,

Job interview 1: Compared to the candidate who got the job I seemed underconfident and did not give enough detail in my answers.

Job interview 2: Seemed overconfident, overqualified and they were not sure if I would get on with the other staff in the office (they said that there are around 10 people in the department) although I did give plenty of detail in my answers (I remember during the interview they said they had no additional questions since I had already answered everything).

I went into both interviews the same. Smartly dressed (suit & tie since they were office job interivews) I arrived suitably early for the interview. I was polite and answered the questions. It could be that they had a type in mind and that they just made excuses not to give me the job (with the second job, if the dept is made of up 10 young girls they may have wanted another girl in order to fit in better but they cannot legally say that).

When we say someone didn't fit in it usually just means my boss didn't take a shine to them on a personal level, which is a completely random factor nobody can anticipate in our case (and very annoying when everyone else did like them...). "Overqualified" is the most annoying feedback possible.

At least you're getting plenty of interviews! It's just a matter of time, even if it's the worst feeling to have your hopes dashed. Good luck.

R

Getting interviews is one step better than other job seekers who get turned down before the interview stage.

At least you didn't act like the person I sat in to take notes for to be a driver. Admitting that your car doesn't have tax and insurance is rather silly & asking for the manager to sign a piece of paper saying they attended the interview right at the start meant like it was a complete waste of time. Someone trying to say they attended an interview for a job they had no wish to get, just to keep benefits.

---

I finally did my first audit on Monday, only 5 months since becoming an auditor :lol: No more planned for the next couple months though, I'm getting fed up with doing a job which the management deemed to be not required and got rid of my 2 colleagues.

Starting a new job on Tuesday (was going to post about it earlier but the site was going funny over the weekend). It is a Temp Purchase Ledger job which I did not have to interview for (the agency called me on Friday and said I had the job if I was still interested).

Back