The General Conversation Area

Here's some eye candy for Rui (and everyone, as Prince is sexy enough for a heterosexual to fancy and still be totally heterosexual)

RnE7jIb.jpg

I haven't been having the best of times lately so my best friend told me to come see her today because she had a present to cheer me up. She said it was one part of it and I had to be with her for the other part. I opened it and it was a hamster cage and then she took me to buy me a hamster!

I've called him Oz and I love him! This was just what I needed to cheer me up. He's so tiny and adorable.

Ryo Chan said:
Ok i admit it was a little before my time, but is Kate Bush popular because she seemed to be high when doing her songs?

cause she can't bloody sing :D

Her tour has made her rich, but the secondary ticketing sites even richer. :roll:

The MP who had the idea to bring in a law to limit the mark-up on ticket face value when reselling on secondary sites to 10% should be made PM.

Kite said:
The MP who had the idea to bring in a law to limit the mark-up on ticket face value when reselling on secondary sites to 10% should be made PM.
A lot of people criticise it but I don't have a problem with scalping because it's an open market anyone can enter. I could buy dozens of tickets for an event and resell them, or you could (sometimes I don't know why I don't). It's not as though it's an anticompetitive price fixing cartel like OPEC, it's still just basic supply and demand. People will pay what they're prepared to pay - If buyers weren't willing to pay such high prices scalpers wouldn't profit.

6 month free trial of Amazon Prime if your a student with an email address ending .ac.uk.

Damn that's my OU degree ruled out as the OU don't provide students with email addresses (unless I missed a memo somewhere)

ayase said:
Kite said:
A lot of people criticise it but I don't have a problem with scalping because it's an open market anyone can enter. I could buy dozens of tickets for an event and resell them, or you could (sometimes I don't know why I don't). It's not as though it's an anticompetitive price fixing cartel like OPEC, it's still just basic supply and demand. People will pay what they're prepared to pay - If buyers weren't willing to pay such high prices scalpers wouldn't profit.

Sadly it's the event market idea of putting tickets on sale at 9am on weekdays which needs updating, to either evenings or at weekends, to allow those who work full-time access to purchase tickets at a fair price.

And it's the ticketing sites themselves partly to blame for directing a percentage of the tickets direct to their own secondary market sites.

Phew, started my new job on Monday. Been a busy couple of days, but it's been very interesting so far. Off on a two day training trip tomorrow, which will be the first of many.

st_owly said:
I hate it when Amazon sellers don't say if books are ex-library.

Ahh that happened to my sister two days ago. She bought an artbook for a friend and it was ex-library. We spent ages getting all the binding and stickers off it.

This one has bent pages and staining as well as being covered in stickers. Why do American libraries feel the need to put so many stickers on their books? I've filed a complaint saying that a book covered in stickers, stained and with bent pages cannot legitimately be described as being in good condition. If I'd known it was ex-library I would've bought it from a different seller.

st_owly said:
This one has bent pages and staining as well as being covered in stickers. Why do American libraries feel the need to put so many stickers on their books? I've filed a complaint saying that a book covered in stickers, stained and with bent pages cannot legitimately be described as being in good condition. If I'd known it was ex-library I would've bought it from a different seller.

You will probably get your money back

Generally if a book is liked as "acceptable", assume it's going to be an ex-library book. Some libraries are better than others with stamping and stickering their former stock.

It was described as "used-good" and the listing had no mention whatsoever that it might be ex-library. I am going to be getting my money back, and I get to keep the book too. I can deal with it being ex-library if it's free.

Can anyone recommend a multi region blu-ray player? Tired of trawling through hundreds of blu-ray players which can only play multi region dvds.

It's sunny here in Manchester! :O :) (albeit still chilly in the shade lol)

I just hope it's like this tomorrow so after I clean the house I can have a picnic in the garden :)

What are everyones plans?

GolGotha said:
Can anyone recommend a multi region blu-ray player? Tired of trawling through hundreds of blu-ray players which can only play multi region dvds.
I'm not sure there are any cheap ones (like the Toshiba models that can be made region free by installing Australian firmware) about at the moment, but the modded ones are coming down in price. £159 for this, for example.

Back