The General Conversation Area

@NormanicGrav. You're in halls, yeah? You get idiots in halls, that's life. At least next year you can choose where you live. In the meantime, is there an RA or anything you can report them to?

Mangaranga said:
animefreak17 said:
Hey you know madoko magica does the DVD version have everything the bluray has because I heard the broadcasting version had loads of stuff missing and I saw the bluray ha loads of extra stuff on it,

Does the DVDs have the extra stuff too.
Missing is not the right term here. Basically the Broadcast version of pretty much every Shaft show differs from the home video release.
Shaft redraw a lot of the scenes in some way, whether it's backgrounds, text, character faces, character placement, lighting etc. There was apparently an episode of Bakemonogatari which was only half done for the broadcast release, with the walls of text taking up a bunch of the episode whilst all the animation was done for the BD.
So what your saying is that the DVD I have of it doesn't have all the background stuff but only on bluray......

animefreak17 said:
So what your saying is that the DVD I have of it doesn't have all the background stuff but only on bluray......
Mangaranga said:
Basically the Broadcast version of pretty much every Shaft show differs from the home video release.
Home video is both. I have no idea why you'd actually want to watch Madoka on DVD though...

Mangaranga said:
animefreak17 said:
Mangaranga said:
Basically the Broadcast version of pretty much every Shaft show differs from the home video release.
Home video is both. I have no idea why you'd actually want to watch Madoka on DVD though...

I didn't know it would be that good and as the cheap bastard I am I got the DVD................ It's ok il get the bluray

Mangaranga said:
1366820399382.png

Puella Magi Madoka Magica really needs to be experienced in HD. Those witches labyrinths look superb.

I could really do with buying some new kitchen units...

sadly the spambot has only posted about kitchen units available in Northampton

2014 is going to be a lot better than 2013 for me. I got a job! :D

I signed the contract yesterday and will be starting work at the end of March. Looking forward to getting started and on slowly chipping away at my student loan. Gotta get myself a nice suit, I need a new one.

Thank you very much Rui! :D

It's a trainee role and I'll be starting with a big batch of other trainees in the same position, so hopefully I'll get to meet some cool people.

Thanks everyone!

I'm joining the Home Office as a Civil Servant. I really wasn't intending to go into this field at all, as it's not really related to my degree, but I come from a Civil Service family so I guess it's in the blood. Plus I got to the point where i just needed to get working and get my career started. I can always change and go into something closer to my field later on.

So your a civil servant now.......good for you sooooo who's your master since your now a servant........get it.....ah ah.

But all seriousness congratulations dude, hope all goes well......No it will go well

Don't suppose anyone here has used phones.co.uk or buymobiles.net when getting a new phone? They have the best prices for the model I'm after (Samsung S4 mini), but I'm not sure whether they're as trustworthy as the major retailers.

Edit: Never mind, a bit of creative haggling got me a decent upgrade package from EE.

Gratz, Ath. Whose betting that 50%+ of the 1st month's wages are going towards anime/manga? ;) j/k!
No more anarchy for you, sunshine! Go show them peeps around you how to be civil.

This week for me has been rather tough, new accounting system (based on Sage) being rolled in at the moment so my time has been spent dashing around helping the couple accountants already on the system do month end and training & setting up 2 new accounts going live this month.

Back