The General Conversation Area

I know a site that you can get a bluray multi region from

It's called multi region magic

Altho they are a bit expensive but the cheapest one I got was 150 and I won't lie it looks kinda ugly but beggars can't be choosers

animefreak17 said:
mangaman74 said:
Got an email about the job interview from last Friday. Seems I did not get the job.

bastards

Why? It isn't like I was the only person interviewed. It could be that there is someone else who fits the job description better than me (the job included some credit control which I have not done before).

Last edited by a moderator:
mangaman74 said:
animefreak17 said:
mangaman74 said:
Got an email about the job interview from last Friday. Seems I did not get the job.

bastards

Why? It isn't like I was the only person interviewed. It could be that there is someone else who fits the job description better than me (the job included some credit control which I have not done before).
Yeah but these days it's hard to get a job and people take every single advantage they can to get work how much do you want to bet they'll of probably hired a immigrant for cheap Labour or so they can work harder cause that's what's happening these days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, immigrant-bashing. Did I accidentally visit the Daily Mail website? I was hoping for AUKN.

Bad luck mangaman74 :/ I hope someone recognises your coolness soon.

R

Rui said:
Oh, immigrant-bashing. Did I accidentally visit the Daily Mail website? I was hoping for AUKN.

R

Iv got no.problem with people coming to this country legally and integrating in our society to make a new happy life for them selfs I'm all for that I'm not closed minded,

However if people comes in to this country and demands to have special treatment because they belong to a certain group of people or there here illegally then il throw a fit.

animefreak17 said:
Yeah but these days it's hard to get a job and people take every single advantage they can to get work how much do you want to bet they'll of probably hired a immigrant for cheap Labour or so they can work harder cause that's what's happening these days.

I doubt it is anything to do with cheap immigrant labour since most of the jobs I go for are accountancy ones which required either years of experience or specific qualifications (such as AAT and CIMA) or both which I doubt applies to the sort of people that you are referring to.

Rui said:

R

Thanks Rui. All I can hope for at this time is to get more interviews and hope that I can impress someone enough to take a chance.

I bought a tankini yesterday and I'm adament I want to attempt to start swimming today. There's a swimming baths about a 10 min bus ride away from me. I'm hoping to stay on the bus home after work and go straight there. I'd love to get healthy. Sadly I get lazy. If this fails, I'm going to attempt jogging next.

At least the swimming pool yesterday has returned to it's normal Tuesday levels, although first proper swim in nearly a month was hard work, but I will regain my edge and return to being able to knock out 2 mile swims in a session.

I lost my nexus tablet on Sunday, didn't think I would see it again until I heard from Southeastern's lost property office on Wednesday afternoon that they had found it. Picked it up today so all it well (apart from a factory reset).

The big drama I have is that I replaced it with a Hudl, so I can either keep the Nexus and return the Hudl or keep the Hudl and sell the Nexus (one of the original 16GB versions)

*ponders*

I'm not sure how I feel about this. It's been about 5 & 1/2 months since I have been living in the accommodation and the relationship between the flatmates has been stiff. Apart from the other guy in the group who I talk to every now and then, the other three have gone a bit overboard (not trying to be sexist here, but they're all female). So far these sort of events have happened: They tend to wine me up by putting stuff next to my door i.e. food (and then ask me to clean it up, stupid logic), criticise me on the stuff I eat (I don't cook all the time because of the sinkhole area or bins being full but every now and then I wouldn't mind a ready meal) and force me to clean the kitchen when it's not my mess. And this is golden - They have been spying on me by looking at my Twitter account without following me when we specifically agreed not to do so to each other. Also not to mention, our area is used for parties. All. The. Time. (sigh). :x

Now someone would simply say, why am I avoiding them? Well simple, they're not the type of people I would like to hang around or talk to plus I have no similar hobbies with them (not to mention what disasterous results it would have if they saw my anime collection, oh dear lord), I don't mind them heck I personally wouldn't mind talking one on one if they need to. Thankfully it's not too long till May arrives.

I apologise for this sort of conversation rant but I wanted to place it somewhere, nowhere is safe now.

Whenever I purchase a 'Frijj' branded milkshake, I never fail to regret the decision.

On the most recent occasion, which occurred yesterday outside Asda, I was eager to sip copiously from my recently-acquired fudge-flavoured fancy. As the rain was far from slight, my umbrella was to hand. This necessity complicated the removal of the bottle lid's seal somewhat, for the task called for the labour of both hands at the cost of several seconds of exposure to the elements. Then came the task of disposing of the trifling plastic strip freshly torn from around the bottle. Motioning towards a convenient bin with the same hand that kept my umbrella upright proved too taxing a task. So compromised was my aim that the plastic strip fell inches short of the gaping refuse receptacle, meriting a humbling stoop to atone my act of inadvertent littering.

With the seal now disposed of, nothing stood between the milkshake and my innards but the customary shaking of the bottle, an act undertaken to undo any circumstantial concentration of fluids at the bottle's base. Disaster struck: the severing of the plastic seal had clearly unsettled the lid, and thus my bottle shaking gave way to a sudden eruption of artificially-thickened dairy fluids that clung to my hands and splattered several other personal articles. Tragically, a good glug of my beverage had become an unexpected libation; an impromptu sacrifice to the waterlogged Asda tarmac.

Whenever I purchase a 'Frijj' branded milkshake, I never fail to regret the decision.

Hey you know madoko magica does the DVD version have everything the bluray has because I heard the broadcasting version had loads of stuff missing and I saw the bluray ha loads of extra stuff on it,

Does the DVDs have the extra stuff too.

animefreak17 said:
Hey you know madoko magica does the DVD version have everything the bluray has because I heard the broadcasting version had loads of stuff missing and I saw the bluray ha loads of extra stuff on it,

Does the DVDs have the extra stuff too.
Missing is not the right term here. Basically the Broadcast version of pretty much every Shaft show differs from the home video release.
Shaft redraw a lot of the scenes in some way, whether it's backgrounds, text, character faces, character placement, lighting etc. There was apparently an episode of Bakemonogatari which was only half done for the broadcast release, with the walls of text taking up a bunch of the episode whilst all the animation was done for the BD.

Back