The General Conversation Area

Virgin media wouldnt affect the HDMI cable or crash your ps3 buddy, if theres problems with the internet the ps3 may freeze for a minute or so and then read out an error code (usually beginning in 800) and say theres a error with the internet connection or a DNS error but for it to lose sound, have blue dots on the screen and fully crash... thats your ps3 only.

So the Rolling Stones are playing Hyde Park, with tickets starting from a mere £95 before fees.

£95 tickets will most likely be behind a double golden circle in one of the worst venues for music in the UK, if the wind is blowing the wrong way you can't hear anything.

----

Thankfully it's Friday tomorrow, I just hope the weather improves as I can't shake off this cold

Sold out within 10 minutes, and at once the tickets appear on secondary ticket sites.

The sooner the 10% law materialises the better, will stop the blatant touts. Only being able to sell for 10% above face value would kill that market.

As for biffy they were amazing down Bournemouth.

This area made the news!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pZF7urPokg

------------

A couple MPs were trying to get an early-day debate going on ticket scalping, and limiting the profit that tickets can be sold on as to being 10% to stop the armchair touts ripping off genuine fans. After-all the people most likely being able to afford to shows can't buy the tickets due to the stupid timing they go on sale (9am fridays). Sadly it's been pushed back allowing the promoters, ticket selling sites (ticketmaster) & professional touts to make a killing on already expensive shows.

My favourite was probably the solo god & satan

Indeed, I reckon there was some worried faces in the emergency services when "explosion in petrol station" came though on the radio

I did, although I was near the back of the standing area (but centre of the stage)

Rather loud, I felt a bit sorry for the people at the front, their ears must have been ringing afterwards.

Otaku-san said:
Kite said:

Amazed that didn't catch the petrol pumps too :eek:

Ha! I drove past this on the way to one of my customers without realising it. They kept making jokes about explosions which I didn't get. It wasn't until I left the car in front slow down ??? looked to the right, Police tape and the usuall woden chip bored to cover the damage on the building. It was still in use though. o_O

ayase said:
and after two weeks without my possessions I find myself torrenting anime I already own .

Anime you already own (and I assume seen too)!? I know this is AUKN and we all hate pirate-ism and everything here, but well...your a more disciplined man than I in many ways.

I was taking the dog out for our usual walk this morning and as soon as we entered the park I noticed another dog up ahead. I said to Red (yeah, I talk to my dog...regularly) "I wonder who that is" just because it wasn't a dog I recognised from the mornings. As we got closer I started to get a bit wary of the fact that there wasn't anyone around. The dog started to come towards us, I thought it was going to come up to see Red, but gave us a clear berth and walker round past us and stopped further behind. I was getting a bit worried and waited a couple minutes to see if anyone was coming along the path, but no one came. I tried to get the dog to come over by offering treats but it turned and headed away, I was quite worried as that was the direction back to the main road, but the dog turned and went down the path that leads to the factory/the other end of the park. I had went after it but by the time I reached the bottom of the path I couldn't see the dog ahead so assumed it had went to the other end of the park. I decided to continue our usual walk through the park, but if I saw the dog again then I would know something wasn't right.

As I was coming to the other end of the park I could see the dog again at this end sitting out on its own, I bumped into one of the other morning regulars and asked if he'd seen anyone with the dog. He hadn't so we headed over in its direction. The thing was crying but was a bit wary of coming near us and went the opposite direction past us, another regular came by at that point and he'd seen the dog before too having already done a lap of the park. We decided we needed to phone the SPCA or someone so as one of them phoned I managed to get the dog to come over with my treats, when it came we saw it had a tag on its collar with the number of the owner on it so we phoned them.

Turns out they'd lost the dog while on their walk, and that this wasn't the first time this had happened. Instead of looking for the dog or waiting for it where they lost sight of it they just went home and that had apparently been half an hour ago. When a woman came to collect the dog she mentioned that it just wanders off but they won't put it on the lead and that she doesn't really have time for all of this, she doesn't mind walking the dog if she can fit "15 minutes" into her apparently "busy schedule" throughout the day. It was her husband who had been walking it too, but clearly he's more bothered with other things too, like riding a unicycle (the only time I've seen him in the park he was riding a unicycle with the dog walking alongside him). As she took the dog away she "jokingly" asked if one of us would take her off her hands, but it was quite clear she was serious.

Suffice to say the 3 of us were pretty disgusted afterwards and all agreed that some people just shouldn't have a dog, they're not just things that are there when you can be bothered with them.

And to think up until a couple of months ago I wasn't a dog person at all!

Taking them a walk really is one of the most basic things you expect when you have a dog. The worst thing is people who let them out on the streets to essentially walk themselves. You have no guarantee they'll be safe or even come back. It just shows a lack of caring really.
I would never dream of doing that to my dog, if I thought I'd lost her I'd be out my mind with worry. The fact that someone could just go home astounds me! It sounds like the dog was upset as well, of course it would be if it thought it had just been left :(

^ That sounds pretty crazy, letting dogs out to walk by themselves! I don't think I've ever encountered that thankfully.

@ 20th cent
Yeah that sounds pretty bad. If it were me I would have just given her a piece of my mind and told her to fix up. Some people are just completely clueless and shouldn't be allowed to own a dog. I've encountered plenty of pretty terrible dog owners in the five or so years I've had a dog, and blasé owners like that who can't spare more than "15 minutes out of their busy schedule" really need to be put in their place. I think tying them to a chair and forcing them to sit through Hachi: A Dogs Tale starring Richard Gere, would be a good first stage in their treatment.

PandoraHane said:
I would never dream of doing that to my dog, if I thought I'd lost her I'd be out my mind with worry. The fact that someone could just go home astounds me! It sounds like the dog was upset as well, of course it would be if it thought it had just been left :(

Yeah, the dog definitely was and the fact that Red himself had been a stray made it even worse for me to think that someone might've just abandoned the poor soul.

vashdaman said:
I think tying them to a chair and forcing them to sit through Hachi: A Dogs Tale starring Richard Gere, would be a good first stage in their treatment.

I wouldn't force such a horror on anyone. :lol:

20thCenturyBoy said:
vashdaman said:
I think tying them to a chair and forcing them to sit through Hachi: A Dogs Tale starring Richard Gere, would be a good first stage in their treatment.

I wouldn't force such a horror on anyone. :lol:

That movie genuinely touched my heart :( based on a true story too.

Back