The General Conversation Area

20thCenturyBoy said:
Just want give a quick mention that I've officially launched my first self published graphic novel as of today (so excited :D ). I've made a thread in the Conventions, Websites and Events forum
Joshawott said:
So, I decided to put my novel up on the Amazon Kindle store and it's gone live.
Congrats to 20th and Josh! I'll try to get these later and I'll let you know what I think. Even if you don't want me to ;)

teonzo said:
lionheart said:
i just spent the last 4 hours locked in my uncles cellar so many spiders , my little cousins locked me in there and went to bed im angry and proud at the same time :lol:

I hope you opened some of their best bottles and went out totally drunk.
Good thinking =)

teonzo said:
By the way, we should open a "flame thread" where people are allowed to flame just for sake of flaming: meaning that nothing has to be taken personal and all that rises there dies there. Otaku-san, are you up for a flame challenge?
Yes!

20thCenturyBoy said:
Bad idea. Such a thing would only end in tears, people quitting and bans, I imagine.
Yes! (2)

Arbalest said:
Firstly no flame war topic. It won't happen.
Oh? Can't I? Really?

Kite said:
I'm lonely tonight :(
Haven't felt this bad since between Christmas and new year.

Its been a crap week at work where I found out I have no natural 'next-step' due to my boss not being replaced. Being expected to remember stuff from something I haven't done since October 10 (where a lot of it has changed). I will hold out until the new account manager arrives in May before looking for another job unless she changes things around. But I can't complain as least I've got a job (until they decide to make my post not exist anymore)
Well Kite, hope things get better for you. Hang in there!

Why can't some people understand the meaning of an auction on eBay.

'How much for a buy it now?', 'I will give you £x' etc

Gets tiresome after a while having to say no.

Although i might consider one offer I've got, offering £10 mor than starting bid with 4 hours to go.

GolGotha said:
I have the S5500, is that of any use to you?

Would you recommend?

( I just fancy a new camera, and the S4500 caught my eye, but I've never used a Fuji before, unless someone can recommend a similar camera in that price range £95-120)

I was in town today and had a quick play with a S4300 (same camera as the 4500, but with a smaller lense)

It felt plasticly and like it would smash into a hundred pieces if subjected to a small fall to the ground, also I couldn't get the auto-focus to work at all [where a couple others were working fine and dandy against a display].

So I kinda purchased a Samsung WB150F as it felt good in my hands, the zoomage/focus was working rather well [and doing a quick search found it had good reviews] Managed to get it for £99 with an extended warranty for an extra £10 [managed to get £15 knocked off it], I know I could have got it for a bit cheaper online, but if things go wrong I'm covered more with Currys than some random online site selling grey-imports.

Just need to find another battery, as it's one of those rather stupid rechargeable ones [great, until it runs out at a camp-site with limited mains power to recharge it]

Tomorrow I start work. Earlier this evening, Mum handed me my work clothes. I looked at them and said "Where's my prison number?". Her reply was "You get to wear around your neck with a mugshot".

Touché.

First day of work and erm...the IT guys ballsed up and forgot to give me permissions for just about every non-filing duty. So guess what I did all day?

ilmaestro said:
One of the few non-filing duties he remembered to give you permission for?
...yup. I'm now officially the office post boy, which is really hard when I can't remember anyone's names.

Today I had to chase down a whole clinic's worth of files because the consultant thought it would be a great idea to take them from storage without checking them out of the system too.

I think I've had more bad luck in the last 20 minutes than I have both this and last year combined.

First my PS3 controller started to die and randomly spazzes around when I move the left stick to the left/upper left, also registering as D-Pad input for some reason.
Next, the back of my chair broke (Okay, It WAS a £5 office chair from the charity shop) and just to top it off I made a sarcastic comment "I bet the HDD will fail now" (Seeing as Okami was at 94%). Thankfully that didn't happen, instead, barely a minute later the PS3 decided to freeze (As it's been doing a lot lately) loosing about an hour of gameplay AND causing me to have to re-download Okami, which takes a few hours @ 1mb/s.

It's been over a year since I last really played games. Maybe this is a sign?

Joshawott said:
First day of work and erm...the IT guys ballsed up and forgot to give me permissions for just about every non-filing duty. So guess what I did all day?
I know this feeling. I started my new job recently and at first next to nothing worked.

Joshawott said:
...I can't remember anyone's names.
^This too

Sorry to hear about the bad news fella, WRT the ps3 if its spazzing out like that and crashing then it *could* be one step away from YLOD.

Back up your HDD Asap

Tachi said:
Sorry to hear about the bad news fella, WRT the ps3 if its spazzing out like that and crashing then it *could* be one step away from YLOD.

Back up your HDD Asap
I don't think it's that, since the 4.40 update it's been weird. The game update issue is apparently a Virgin Media issue, but I'm still frequently experiencing Crashes (Some of which happen when doing something simple like checking Trophies) and occasionally no sound over HDMI when I turn the console on. The controller issue is just that - a controller issue, it does the same on other PS3s.

Saying all this I did turn my console on the other day to find I had blue dots all over the screen. I'd dismissed it as a one off though as it's been fine since I restarted it again.

Hopefully it'll be fine for when KH ReMix turns up. I have that and Metal Gear Rising to play after XIII-2 when I can get the sodding update for it to work.

Back