The General Conversation Area

Just want give a quick mention that I've officially launched my first self published graphic novel as of today (so excited :D ). I've made a thread in the Conventions, Websites and Events forum with more details (don't want to clog up inappropriate areas of the forums with it). So this is just a quick "check it out" with a link to my book here.

I got a Email from Derek Prince, which reads:

Steve Prince said:
Hello,

I am sorry for reaching you rather too late due to the situation of things right now.,my family and I came down here to Manila Philippines for a short vacation and we were mugged at gun point last night at the park of the hotel where we lodged,all cash and credit card were stolen off us but luckily for us we still have our passports with us..

We've been to the Embassy and the Police here,but they're not helping issues at all they asked us to wait for 2weeks but we can't wait till then and our flight leaves in few hours from now but we're having problems settling the hotel bills and the hotel manager won't let us leave until we settle the hotel bills,we are freaked out at the moment.Well I really need your financially assistance.All we need is ($1,850 USD) or anything you can afford.I'll refund it to you as soon as i arrive home Hopefully today.Please let me know if you can help us out,Write me back so i can tell you how to get it to me.let me know soonest.Thank You

Best Regards,

Steve Prince
(909) 657-0395 cell

I reply saying:
Well makes you think twice about going to the Philippines. You'd probably been better of in Burma.

The email address is his, and coincidently goes by both Derek Stephen Prince and just Steve Prince.
Has anyone else got this in their mail. I'd find it highly unlikely an actor to contact fans for financial assistants.

Edit: Never mind he stated it on a tweet he got hacked. Interesting enough, I reversed looked the email seemed to have come from some Niger-ian

So, I decided to put my novel up on the Amazon Kindle store and it's gone live.

I don't want to force you guys to buy it or anything, but just thought you guys might want to take a peek at it, read the blurb etc, see if it's your thing. It's very much inspired by shonen anime/manga. The first chapter can be read for free on the official tumblr.

i just spent the last 4 hours locked in my uncles cellar so many spiders , my little cousins locked me in there and went to bed im angry and proud at the same time :lol:

lionheart said:
i just spent the last 4 hours locked in my uncles cellar so many spiders , my little cousins locked me in there and went to bed im angry and proud at the same time :lol:
Are you serious? That sounds like a pretty nuts thing to to go through.

Joshawott said:

I don't want to force you guys to buy it or anything, but just thought you guys might want to take a peek at it, read the blurb etc, see if it's your thing. It's very much inspired by shonen anime/manga. The first chapter can be read for free on the official tumblr.

Well done, Josh, congrats!

I don't have a Kindle but just read the first page on Amazon there, it's definitely very intriguing. From the synopsis you can definitely sense that anime/manga influence. The image of a large, red, talking frog thing is different, but I like how you have Lake describing it as if it were something he was perfectly used to seeing, helping the audience settle into the idea of it easier. I also love "Lake" as a first name.

Since I don't have a kindle of my own I'll do what I can and Like it on Facebook and tweet about it (EDIT: Can't seem to find your twitter, is the one in the book correct?).

Hope it does well.

So I've buggered off to the continent. Internet connection is sporadic and I'm not really able to do normal AUKN things like watch anime or play games, so I probably won't be posting a right lot until I return. Right now, I'm not sure when that will be (but hey, at least I'm letting you know why I'm not going to be around so you don't start to wonder if I've hung myself or died in a car accident or something, not like some people...)

So as not to clog up AUKN with tales of exploits which will probably not be of much interest to many of you (what I believe is referred to as "doing a Tachi") anyone who cares may want to check on my long silent blog which is come back. Writing the first proper post now but it might not be up for another day or two.

Congratulations on publishing your works 20th and Josh. I hope you're able to make something of it.

lionheart said:

I hope you opened some of their best bottles and went out totally drunk.

Teo

Joshawott said:

Congratulations, Josh. I'm going to do mine the old fashioned way by finding an agent, having my dreams crushed and sink into depression. It is time for that soul crushing period to begin soon.

20thCenturyBoy said:
Joshawott said:

Well done, Josh, congrats!

I don't have a Kindle but just read the first page on Amazon there, it's definitely very intriguing. From the synopsis you can definitely sense that anime/manga influence. The image of a large, red, talking frog thing is different, but I like how you have Lake describing it as if it were something he was perfectly used to seeing, helping the audience settle into the idea of it easier. I also love "Lake" as a first name.

Since I don't have a kindle of my own I'll do what I can and Like it on Facebook and tweet about it (EDIT: Can't seem to find your twitter, is the one in the book correct?).

Hope it does well.
I've had problems searching for the Twitter as well, even though it is correct. Here's a direct link to the page. Thanks for the help - every little bit is greatly appreciated.

Kindle books can also be downloaded onto devices that can have the Kindle app, like iPhones, iPads, Android phones, Android tablets and such too.

@Max Takeshi I was rejected by 2 agents and to be honest, as most of what I read (see: everything) is by American or Japanese writers, I have no fecking idea who to approach anyway, as I see their lists of clients and don't recognise a single one of them.

Max Takeshi said:
Joshawott said:

Congratulations, Josh. I'm going to do mine the old fashioned way by finding an agent, having my dreams crushed and sink into depression. It is time for that soul crushing period to begin soon.

Same, 'mon the agents! Writers Market will never know what hit it once I'm through with it. :twisted:

Also -

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

EDIT: I've just had a browse through the top 100 bestsellers on Kindle and I'm fairly certain at least 60 of them are 50 shades knock offs.

GRCC said:
Max Takeshi said:
Joshawott said:

Same, 'mon the agents! Writers Market will never know what hit it once I'm through with it. :twisted:

Also -

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

EDIT: I've just had a browse through the top 100 bestsellers on Kindle and I'm fairly certain at least 60 of them are 50 shades knock offs.
Damn, I should use the slogan "It's not a 50 Shades knock-off!

I'm being economical with my paper usage. My practice is thus: I visit one of the printing terminals and gather several long-discarded pages, the undersides of which I then use to write my revision notes upon. (The pages, that is, not the printing terminals.)

Unwanted documents on which I have scribbled and highlighted thus far include:

• A marked essay containing no references.
  • A series of printed coupons for somebody else's gymnasium membership.
  • The online banking statements of one of the college's administrative teams.
  • A health insurance declaration from the Government of Dubai.
  • Two annotated copies of the 1967 Abortion Act.

(what I believe is referred to as "doing a Tachi")

You bunch of ****s, there's seriously no need to label something a single forumite does (albiet it in the random chit chat subforum! the horror! and in the general conversation thread - even worse!) in such a derogatory tone.

There's just no need for negativity on a single forumite like that.

Tachi said:

You bunch of ****s, there's seriously no need to label something a single forumite does (albiet it in the random chit chat subforum! the horror! and in the general conversation thread - even worse!) in such a derogatory tone.

If only you released how true it was...

also good luck to thee Ayase, hope you have a splendid time visiting many attraction!
Your space is always open, since I'm sure this forum will miss intelligible conversation.

Otaku-san said:
Tachi said:

If only you released how true it was...

Fine in future i wont post any updates of what i've been upto despite being in the random chit chat sub forum and despite being in the general conversation thread - i mean, out of all the possible places to post it i choose the most out of place sub forum & thread - i mean how dim witted of me to put it in the most inappropriate place of the forums!

If others didn't want to read it then they shouldn't bother reading it, i post things for my own reasons. Up until now i thought this place wasn't as petty to be so derogative against someone for posting something in the right sub forum & thread i mean really where's the common decency to message me or even post to say "nobody really wants to know" no instead people will be so malicious as to refer to a mannerism in such a derogatory tone behind my back.

Cheers; thanks a F ucking bunch, to alienate 1 member for something so innocent.

Back