The General Conversation Area

Tachi said:
Alittle part of me died in side when i read this, the saddest part is.... one day it will be true.
Quite. I don't think the 'net will ever die, but I've long had my doubts it can survive in its current form. Too many ordinary people with too much freedom for the powers that be. Like the Old West. And like the Old West, they will eventually send in the Marshals to bring it under control. And they'll likely succeed because they're organised and we aren't. They have the resources and we don't. No amount of petitions ever stopped the people at the top from doing exactly what they want with little regard for anyone else. All we can do is try our best to preserve the 'net in its current form and enjoy it while it lasts. And try to subvert the new order wherever possible.

12447490108.jpg

Cheers.

Alas we will always hold dear memories of times gone by and though the governements will thrust change into our paths they will never truly win, for the internet is an ever changing place and no matter how hard city hall may try; no-one can truly stop a force without true direction to start with.

The amount of effort the british government put into closing down pirate radio was all in vain as we now have thousands of radio stations playing music that was once frowned upon. I look to the future generations to continue on the fight when our generation has passed on from the places we currently frequent.

http://hardcorefm.co.uk/shop/images/background.jpg

May their efforts prove others wrong and bring about a land where freedom is as free as their imaginations and meetings.

*raises toast back*

The amount of effort the british government put into closing down pirate radio was all in vain as we now have thousands of radio stations playing music that was once frowned upon

Pirate radio is still pretty much as essential now as it ever was, though. The only significant change in the situation is that now there are internet radio stations, with even quite a few pirate stations turning away from the FM and to net, which obviously makes things alot easier for them. But in regards to commercial radio, it still just simply doesn't provide the choice of music we as a nation or city, want.

It's the 21st century people!! HDMI cables + laptops + 32inch tv = optimal set up lol.

I have my ps3, dvd player with surround sound and a seperate HDMI cable for my laptop all connected to a HDMI splitter that in turn is connected to the Tv. I really want a bigger place though as trying to organise all the wires and throw a Wii into the mix, it soon becomes spaghetti junction!

Tachi said:
It's the 21st century people!! HDMI cables + laptops + 32inch tv = optimal set up lol.

I have my ps3, dvd player with surround sound and a seperate HDMI cable for my laptop all connected to a HDMI splitter that in turn is connected to the Tv. I really want a bigger place though as trying to organise all the wires and throw a Wii into the mix, it soon becomes spaghetti junction!

Amen!! I have all that combined with an AV amp and a HTPC...
Needless to say when I get somewhere bigger I'll be rackmounting half the equipment to make it easier to seperate and organise the cabling!

Back