The General Conversation Area

Cheers Voddas

Does'nt have to be giant robots, ive seen quite a few. More like sci fi in general, space travel etc

I tried Divergence Eve and it was pants, dropped it halfway through and now thinking Starship Operators. And yeah I have STILL NOT SEEN Evangelion (does that make me crazy?)

Eva is a classic series. It's a must see for any anime fan. You may like it, you may not. I was brought up with it so I'm obviously going to be a big fan. Slightly more heavy watching than most series though. Depends what kind of mood your in Fox.
All the anime's I mentioned are worth a look in though. Oh! Also Outlaw Star and Domion Tank Police. These are two of my old school favourites. Maybe DTP might not be for you though? I would sample it before purchase if I were you.

Voddas said:
Eva is a classic series. It's a must see for any anime fan. You may like it, you may not. I was brought up with it so I'm obviously going to be a big fan. Slightly more heavy watching than most series though. Depends what kind of mood your in Fox.
All the anime's I mentioned are worth a look in though. Oh! Also Outlaw Star and Domion Tank Police. These are two of my old school favourites. Maybe DTP might not be for you though? I would sample it before purchase if I were you.

Yeah seen DTP, I quite liked it, quite funny in places too :)

I liked Appleseed 1988 and the more recent but not seen ex machina

Oooh, I forgot about Appleseed. Me likes too! :D

Anyway yeah, loads to choose from. From what I can see, you'll like some older sci-fi series. Give Gunbuster a go. Awesome anime! I put it off for years untill Ayase asked me one too many times if I'd seen it. Kicking myself that I hadn't watched it sooner.

Voddas said:
Your always up to something boyo. Hah.

Might aswell live life to the fullest i guess, even if it does anoy others sometimes :p

Speaking of free time, whats your guys plans for the weekend?
I've got a backlog of anime sat waiting for me, a few pints of cider would be great right now. or apple juice really, i had a apple flavoured tango the other day and since then i've craved apple juice. Might have to take a walk to the co-op and buy some :)

I'm fully booked this weekend Tach. Have a meal with all the parents tonight (mine and Sarah's) as they haven't all met yet. :roll:
Saturday is the family Summer BBQ. Involves lots of drink and charcoaled meet. Mmmm!
Then Sunday will be recovering up untill the Football match people have been talking about.

@Fox: Also known as Aim for the Top! (Top wo Nerae!)

Anyway guys. Glad I managed to get on if not for a short time today. Gonna have to make a move now as I have a black lab to go take for walkies.

Have a good weekend all! Laters.

*pretends to walk down some stairs behind a sofa untill out of sight*

*crawls out the door*

Voddas said:
I'm fully booked this weekend Tach. Have a meal with all the parents tonight (mine and Sarah's) as they haven't all met yet. :roll:
Saturday is the family Summer BBQ. Involves lots of drink and charcoaled meet. Mmmm!
Then Sunday will be recovering up untill the Football match people have been talking about.

@Fox: Also known as Aim for the Top! (Top wo Nerae!)

Sounds like a good one :) enjoy it mate,

i've found apple juice in the house...i'm off to finish watching pearl harbour now and raid the last of the apple juice concentrate. cya fox and voddas

Foxstripe said:
...and whats IYO the best sci fi anime out there, Robotech?
4chan would eat you alive for suggesting that. (Or deep fried, if they're in a culinary mood.)

I could list several of my favourite sci-fi anime, though I doubt they appeal primarily to sci-fi fans in virtue of the other genres they cover. That said, GunBuster is considered to be the finest of its time, and it is quite a task to name titles fitting its genre whilst matching its appeal.

Tomorrow I shall be manning a large barbecue. It shall be my job to grill anything I am presented with — the entire street shall be requiring such services for the scheduled party.

Though chances are slim, I hope to add to the edible array by making a pineapple salad as an accompaniment. Those "in the know" should understand why.

Voddas said:
chaos said:
Enchanted is a fun movie, forgetable though. It's end was quite interesting though.
Yeah, I wasn't expecting everyone to die like that either.
Spoiler tags man!!!

Voddas said:
Good thing I was just joking then. ;)

Disney characters don't die in mass. :lol:
Only in traumatizing ways, vide Bambi and Lion King.

Foxstripe said:
Has anyone seen Starship Operators? and whats IYO the best sci fi anime out there, Robotech?
Yes, I had fun watching it, but halfway through it changes its pace, so I can't really heartily recommend it. Worth a watch if you get it really cheap.

My fave sci-fi is probably ghost in the shell.

Foxstripe said:
And yeah I have STILL NOT SEEN Evangelion (does that make me crazy?)
Eva is a weird one. I love it, but I wouldn't class it as sci-fi. Neither would I class Cowboy Bebop as sci-fi.

As they suggested you already, bubblegum crisis is great (I recommend watching tokyo 2040, before watching the old one. It max out the enjoyment IMO, as the older series is greater than the newer one, although both are good and watching them out of order doesn't have any impact on it.

Appleseed is also amazing. Here and now, there and then is also an amazing one. Gankutsuou has a sci-fi atmosphere to it, looks amazing and is really amazing.

I did it. It went as planned. People enjoyed my pineapple salad, and much rejoicing was had. It rained on the barbecue, but this was not sufficient to dampen my post-pineapple spirits.

it was a poor show from england, i thoguht they could pull it back, but given the state they were in during the group matches they were in no real condition to proceed further

From what i hear, England got a right good thrashing, and they deserved it too. I still think it comes a bit late, as i still think they where not good enough to even get past the group stages, but there we go. They where put in their place now by the team which seems to always do that. Should teach the team and the media to stop over-hyping for a while, at least for a couple weeks.

Will-O'-The-Wisp said:
stuart-says-yes said:
bloomin eck, 4-1 , if scotland was in the world cup they'd have won already

Worse still that bloody traitor octopus, picking germany over england

It was an English Octopus too, the traitor

I understand this should probably be obvious, but still....

Traitor Octopus? Double-U Tee Eff.

Back