The General Conversation Area

Good MOANING everyone

How was everyones evening?

I went to the pub, got a load of free stuff as the landlord was throwing out all the promotional stuff like beer hats, guiness stuff, england glasses etc so grabbed my self a handful of stuff :)

I think I walked away with a jester hat, guiness hat, 2 england glasses and a heinekken UEFA bag, not bad

Hello ther Fox. Lucky you. Freebies are alwasy good.

I had a good time at the bar yesterday, watching the match which was great. I wish they played like that against Portugal or at least as they did play in the middle of the game. the beggining and the ending was slow, but the middle of the game was fantastic. I did forget to get the girl's FB and # - epic fail! Well, I guess that's an excuse to walk by her house just to get it =P

Morning Fox an Chaos!

Sounds like you both had a ood night. I, on the other hand, ended up suffering from a huge migrane which led to me being in bed before 10.00! Not my best night if I'm honest.
I never get headaches (ever) so this was a worry for me. I seem to be fine today, so I have no idea what it was all about?

Oh, also got my house valued. Wasn't as high as I would like but then it's not as low as I thought it might be. £73,000 will do me just fine. This means I'll be getting cashback of at least £43,000 (if it's sold at that price of course). ^__^

Wow, awesome Voddas - put in the mkt for a little higher as people will try to haggle and you should be able to get the 73. Best of luck selling your house !

Wish I could afford £73,000. I cant even dream of that sort of cash.

So I have decided to drop Shigurui, at least for now anyway. My to do list is as follows now:-

Black Lagoon
Starship Operators
Cowboy Bebop
Evangelion (no idea where to start or whats the best deal etc :( )

That would be the main ones i think. Also the halo Legends as im quite interested

Morning all,

well, lastnight was a good night :) i sat infront of my tv watching azumanga daioh vol 1. watched Desert punk vol 2 (well, most of it anyway, i was asleep by 1am) Need to print off my booking tickets.

about an hour passes

i've trapped a nerve in my neck, in agony right now.

Tachi- said:
Morning all,

well, lastnight was a good night :) i sat infront of my tv watching azumanga daioh vol 1. watched Desert punk vol 2 (well, most of it anyway, i was asleep by 1am) Need to print off my booking tickets.

about an hour passes

Hey Tachi,

you need a massage my friend *lubes hands up*.........

Whats Desert Punk like?

Cheers Choas. :D

To buy a house for £73,000 you only need to pay 10% up front meaning you would need £7,300 (which is still alot still if your a first time buyer like).

Eva is a tricky one to buy. Sometimes there's some good deals but with it being a popular series it's rarely cheap. I ended up getting the R1 Release as it was on sale for £20.00.

Morning Tach. *also lubes hands* :twisted:

Having a look around the interwebs, it says i need to lay down and rest, it'll reset the spinal collumn and release the nerve. i might go home at 2pm.

It says to watch out for it i start getting dizzy (too late) and not to apply too much pressure or start forcing other parts on my neck out of the way (also too late)

Desert Punk is funny, witty and rather light for a post apocalyptic setting. likeable cast, funny anticts between them (even though they aren't a set group at first) i think that if you just looked on youtube for the closing OST of Desert punk, it sums up the whole show really well.

Foxstripe said:
Wish I could afford £73,000. I cant even dream of that sort of cash.

So I have decided to drop Shigurui, at least for now anyway. My to do list is as follows now:-

Black Lagoon
Starship Operators
Cowboy Bebop
Evangelion (no idea where to start or whats the best deal etc :( )

That would be the main ones i think. Also the halo Legends as im quite interested
Change the order to:
Starship operators
Evangelion
Cowboy Bebop
Black Lagoon

That's my order of enjoyment for these series, therefore my recommendation. Watching Starship operators first will only highligh how the others are greater.

Tachi- said:
Azumanga is so fun and heart warming. Never seen Desert Punk though, how do you like it so far? (although I'm unsure you're enjoying it that much, as you went to sleep.

Tachi- said:
=/ go get your neck massaged.

Edit:
Foxstripe said:
Is there alot of action in it tach? Im looking for alot of action based anime (hence itching to get my hands on Black Lagoon)
If it's action that you want then go get Black Lagoon and the Appleseed movies. Awesome action there.

can't believe i have had starship operators for a year now, and not touched it yet :D

shall talk later, got to go back to the workplace that seems to be losing staff members by the week.....

and not 1 has been let go XD

I've wanted to watch it for ages now but until recently its been one of those titles thats either realy expensive, or hard to find.
I fell asleep because i was working till 8pm and was shattered, plus 1am isn't too early ;)

Its packed full of comedy and fast paced action whenever a fight turns up. One of my favourite fights is the one where the Desert Punk has a gunfight with Rainspider. Both are meant to be the best gunslingers in the desert, they both know that their equally matched when they have a fight for over 24hours (only a few mins in the anime) and when the dust finally settles, the funniest thing happens to them....they end up fighting for no reason. as the person they where fighting for had actually gone.

Closing OST:
"Sunabōzu Ekaki Uta" ("How to Draw Sunabōzu") by Hideaki Takatori

Voddas said:
To buy a house for £73,000 you only need to pay 10% up front meaning you would need £7,300 (which is still alot still if your a first time buyer like).
Bear in mind that I do not hold a permanent residency status, therefore lenders consider me high risk, so unless I put 40% upfront, I can't get a mortgage at all :'( I had around 15% of the price of flat in London, but I that won't get me a mortgage at all, even though I do own a house back in Brazil, which is already fully paid for. I say had because I've spent a lot moving houses and all :/ My deposit was outrageous.

Voddas said:
Eva is a tricky one to buy. Sometimes there's some good deals but with it being a popular series it's rarely cheap. I ended up getting the R1 Release as it was on sale for £20.00.
If you want to buy eva, do it fast. As ADV is gone, it is considered Out of print. I doubt you can get it new for reasonable prices, so I'd go staight to ebay for it.

Tachi- said:
Desert Punk is funny, witty and rather light for a post apocalyptic setting. likeable cast, funny anticts between them (even though they aren't a set group at first) i think that if you just looked on youtube for the closing OST of Desert punk, it sums up the whole show really well.
I'll have a look before I get this. I reckon I can get it cheap now and perhaps there's a boxset in the horizon for it....

Ryo Chan said:
shall talk later, got to go back to the workplace that seems to be losing staff members by the week.....

and not 1 has been let go XD
This is kinda worrying about your workplace working conditions then... People leaving voluntarily usually means something's wrong.

Ah man, you have now applied pressure on me to buy every ADV anime i can think off, eeek!

I may take your advice and buy Black Lagoon or Cowboy Bebop boxset. I like em brand new and not uses to i'll try play maybe. Bebop is expensive though i believe...:(

Is there more than 1 series? I only own the movie like

Foxstripe said:
Ah man, you have now applied pressure on me to buy every ADV anime i can think off, eeek!

I may take your advice and buy Black Lagoon or Cowboy Bebop boxset. I like em brand new and not uses to i'll try play maybe. Bebop is expensive though i believe...:(

Is there more than 1 series? I only own the movie like
Well, Bebop is 1 series and the movie, the series being 26 eps long. I watched it on Anime Central, so I had my fill already, but it's worth it if you like classic sci-fi/action mixes. Since I was already a fan of Outlaw Star, it was similar tastes in a different style.

Black Lagoon is now becoming 3 series long. 2 are available, and one's being advertised in Japan atm. It's got pace, action and some dark personalities, so be prepared to here a whole lot of "****-****-*******" from the cast. Epic stuff however.

Afternoon all.

Cowboy Bebop & Outlaw Star - it's been too long since I last watched these shows. Both very good (Cowboy Bebop is the better though).

Tachi- said:
I know there's a R1 boxset, but not heard anything about a R2 boxset coming out anytime soon.

There is a Desert Punk collection listed for release 19/07/2010. Play & HMV list it for preorder at £35.99 (RRP is £49.99)

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/15411619 ... oduct.html

&

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDet ... sku=569563

mangaman74 said:
Tachi- said:
I know there's a R1 boxset, but not heard anything about a R2 boxset coming out anytime soon.

There is a Desert Punk collection listed for release 19/07/2010. Play & HMV list it for preorder at £35.99 (RRP is £49.99)

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/15411619 ... oduct.html

&

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDet ... sku=569563

Cheers for proving me wrong :p
I've bought the singles for much less than that, its a shame that the boxset price is more expensive, their usually the cheaper option.

Tempted to sell some of my ps3 games that i've completed, free up some space from my storage spaces....as i found out lastnight i can't fit anymore anime in...and with the rest of Azumanga daioh to somehow fit in, i'll be starting to move alot of dvds about to fit everything in.

Back