The General Conversation Area

Hey Fox.

Harem is basically where one gender is in a situation where he/she is surrounded by several members of the other gender. HERE'S Wiki on the genre.
Also Ecchi is basically T&A/Fanservice. Lots of nicker shots can be expected. :p
HERE'S Wiki on that subject too.

Edit: For some reason I can't get the HAREM url to work? Wierd. :?

Devil, I do indeed work a 9-5 job mostly. Can change slightly but that's the jist of my working hours. What a way to make a living.

Hmm... other Popular HArem's are:
Hayate the Combat Butler
Nyan Koi!
DearS
School Days (NOT A COMEDY) *shudder*
Zero no Tsukaima
Fruit Baskets (kinda)
Ouran High School

Can't really think of anymore right now but there are loads.

Edit: How did I forget Tenchi? *facepalm*

I suppose, but then that's like School Days. It's definately a Harem but it's very dark and not funny in the slightest. Hmm... but yeah. Fox, you get the picture. I guess your interested in the Harem Genre then?

devilrules666 said:
so brazil then :D
Way to go!
On my office sweepstakes I've got Greece. Way better than if I've got Argentina, which would be the king of irony considering our historical rivalry.

devilrules666 said:
funny thing is i live in wimbledon, so i am just hoping that the weather says good so that it isn't delayed at all!
I've went to see a room in Winbledom during my flat search. Loved the place, but it's sooooo far from work =(

Foxstripe said:
You guys are gonna think me stupid BUT whats ecchi and whats harem
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecchi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harem_%28genre%29

And fruits basket is not ecchi at all.

wow thats a hell of alot of series to purchase eeek!!!

I will watch Fruits Basket, Love Hina, Tenchi Muyo and will look up Tokyo Underground aswell. And Negima maybe

@Voddas, yeah im just interested in getting into all types of anime really, i have only stuck with action really except a few, Tsukahime, Heibane Renmei,

myanimelist has the full extent of what ive watched bar a few...:(

yeah wimbledon is a lovely place of london shame it's so expensive! :D well with the tennis and football at the moment i am a very happy chappy. lol u make a good point about argentina and england! lol the person who's got it at my work feels like a judas. :D

btw Tsukahime, Heibane Renmei are awesome! u sir/madam have great taste!

Foxstripe said:
I will watch Fruits Basket, Love Hina, Tenchi Muyo and will look up Tokyo Underground aswell. And Negima maybe
I'd go for Love hina and Fruits Basket and leave the rest alone, but that's just me. Tenchi and Negima have quite a few fans around, and they are good shows as well, I just don't think they are the stronger of the list you mentioned.

I would add Ouran or Hayate to it though. Both have harem aspects to them, although they are not really harem.

Back