The General Conversation Area

@Foxstripe- I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you tomorrow then. Best of luck.

What I find helps with learning japanese is watching the subtitled version of anime first, and then watching it again with the subtitles off. Noein is great.

@Voddas - And there was me thinking, who the heck is Rosette?

*M.G is a NANA fangirl*

BTW, is anyone reading the latest vols of the manga? There was a massive shock in the storyline - not even M.G could see that one coming...

Just remembered, whilst on my routing rounds (start off in Cex, then onto HMV, then GAME, then go get some food) I realised that the whole anime section in HMV is gone! I'm Gutted :( hopefully its just being moved round or something, otherwise I'll be turning to ordering everything online.

Manga Girls said:
@Voddas - And there was me thinking, who the heck is Rosette?

*M.G is a NANA fangirl*
Hah, for some reason I saw the name Rosette and I thought it was one one main chars from NANA. No idea why like. Sometimes my mind works in mysterious ways.

Foxstripe said:
Im looking to get into Love Hina? Any input on this? Is there a lot of fan service?
I'm actually reading the manga right now and loving it. Also have the Boxset at home. Very good series if you ask me. Manga is far superior as always but the series definately requires a look in. ^^

Tachi- said:
I've been aching all day, my elbow area (basically the acute part of the arm) has been tight all day and i can't straighten em fully without slight discomfort and a stiff neck have been plaguing me since i woke up really.
Dare I ask... o_O

Edit: You should order online anyway Tachi. Usually where you'd find the better deals like.

Voddas said:
Foxstripe said:
Is Patlabor worth a watch?
I say yes to this. One of my child hood favourites aswell. Good story and great characters.
With this I concur. I combines all the characterisation one could desire with a depiction of how proper policing ought to be done these days.

Reevothemusefan said:
Still supporting
holland.jpg
this World Cup.
Climbing the rungs of the visual pun ladder, I see.
Now make one for another team. Hetalia characters are forbidden.

I'm breaking free of my office shackles for another day now so I'll catch people later.

Ciao for now. *exits at speeds comparable to Wonder Boy's*

Voddas said:
Foxstripe said:
Im looking to get into Love Hina? Any input on this? Is there a lot of fan service?
I'm actually reading the manga right now and loving it. Also have the Boxset at home. Very good series if you ask me. Manga is far superior as always but the series definately requires a look in. ^^
It's great fun, full wiht LOL moments. As Voddas says, the manga is far superior to the anime, bot hthe anime has its merits as well.

Voddas said:
I'm breaking free of my office shackles for another day now so I'll catch people later.
I'm actually staying a bit longer, as I wanted to check a few things online. Guess I'll be going soon as well though.

@Voddas - Er... you do realise that the two main characters in NANA are called Nana? :)

@Tachi - I understand your conundrum, empty anime sections in HMV is what drove me online. Maybe you can check under the Manga label. (no pun intended.)

The HMV on Oxford Street once stocked their anime dvds in a section titled 'Manga.' At that time I was new to anime, it confused many people terribly. Puzzlingly, there was no actual manga in the manga section either. Weird.

Zin5ki said:
Climbing the rungs of the visual pun ladder, I see.
Now make one for another team. Hetalia characters are forbidden.

I accept your challenge, while I try and figure one out, did you know that my favourite American TV show is The
65452-colbert_edited_icon.png
Report.

Manga Girls said:
The HMV on Oxford Street once stocked their anime dvds in a section titled 'Manga.' At that time I was new to anime, it confused many people terribly. Puzzlingly, there was no actual manga in the manga section either. Weird.
The HMV on Oxford Street doesn't have the best of selections, considering its size. I found the outlet on Market Street in Manchester to outsize the offerings in the capital.

Nonetheless, matters of price always act to deter one against high-street purchases.

Morning all,

Hayfever has stolen my left eye from me, and i barely failed my exam lastnight....which means i'll have to give it another shot, maybe at the expense of my own pocket.

Awwell, i guess its just one of those things.
Have a 2 hour course exam for work today, had 2 yesterday (which frazzled my brain anyway) and i've got another 2 hour one later this week too ¬_____¬

Good thing though, i walked from the college to the nearest pub and had a few drinks with Toby (Tutor and good friend) He said it was a shocker to him how many failed (most of us) but i'd only failed by a margin.

Still in good mood regardless, because at the end of the day....its only a pump in the road to where i want to be.

hey tachi! ur hayfever is that bad? yikes and i thought that i had it bad. hang in there on ur exams i am fine u will make it! so how was ur weekend? i am currently in bed sick so i will most probably be online all day!

Morning all,

So it took me two hours to get to work this morning!!!!

Thats unfortunate Tachi, has it swollen up pretty bad? My GF gets the same thing dude

Mornin Devil,

I'm fine now, it was mainly my own fault for rubbing my eye when i know i should leave it alone. Your ill today? hopefully thats a minor illness, so you can sit in the sun and get a good tan lol.

Apparently i've got a tan over the past few weeks, i hadn't even realised! Just 2 weeks on thursday till i fly off to sunnier climates (or....given the current weather, slightly sunnier climates :p )

Back