The General Conversation Area

Voddas said:
Edit: Hah! Choas, that was wierd.
Who's weird?

Foxstripe said:
I just had my photo taken with the Premier League Trophy :), i think my pose was really camp, its the way he made me stand honest :(
Well, show me when I see you and then I'll judge ;)

Foxstripe said:
And Tachi well done on not becoming a father. What would you call your child if you had had one?
I'd Tachi's kids Jailbait if a girl and Tachi V2.0 if a boy =P

Tachi- said:
Hmm, if it was a girl, i've always liked the name clare.
If it was a boy i'd shave my head and call him mini me.
That actually works well as well. But I like Clare with and "i" in the middle Claire.

You're weird, thats who chaos ;p

G'mornin peeps. Still running on no luck here with the job fiasco, asda will never get back to me, but i have another application to hand in elsewhere anyways, and i'm heading to the 24 hour tesco later, hopefully that bodes better than asda.

@Tach: The remastered one of the first game is awesome, they have the second game coming out soon as well, also remastered. Can't remember the date though. All i know is i can't wait. First was good, second is great.

chaos said:
Voddas said:
Who's weird?
We're wierd!
Tachi- said:
Hmm, if it was a girl, i've always liked the name clare.
If it was a boy i'd shave my head and call him mini me.
That actually works well as well. But I like Clare with and "i" in the middle Claire.[/quote]
Looks like Tachi prefers the Claymore spelling. We're naming our girl Grace Robin. I wanted Robin for a girl but Sarah's wants Grace so the compramise was to have Robin as a middle name (but she still dislikes it). Am I wierd to think Robin with an "i" is a bood girls name?

Afternoon Arby. ^_^

Arbalest said:
You're weird, thats who chaos ;p
thanks for clarofying. Just wanted to get this straight.

Voddas said:
chaos said:
Voddas said:
Who's weird?
We're wierd!
Aren't we? =)

Voddas said:
Grace Robin. I wanted Robin for a girl but Sarah's wants Grace so the compramise was to have Robin as a middle name (but she still dislikes it). Am I wierd to think Robin with an "i" is a bood girls name?
Nope, Robin is an awesome name for a girl. Although, I guess that her nickname is going to be sidekick...

Is that Rosette as in NANA? Never seen it, but it also happens to be one of the many plan to watches.

No, I'm not expecting. I don't have the necessary woman parts. :p

We plan on kids, but not for at least another year, untill after we're married.

Voddas said:
Is that Rosette as in NANA? Never seen it, but it also happens to be one of the many plan to watches.

No, I'm not expecting. I don't have the necessary woman parts. :p

We plan on kids, but not for at least another year, untill after we're married.

No not from NANA, from Chrono Crusade :p

Foxstripe said:
I wish I knew Voddas, I wish I knew.....

FYI Portugal just beat Korea 7 - 0....GULP

Is Patlabor worth a watch?

Just watched the second half, and Korea where well and truly thrashed. Was hoping Ronaldo wouldn't score, but he had to near the end didn't he =/

Patlabor is one i've been aiming to watch as well, i have heard a fair few good things about it myself.

EDIT: and on a tennis related note. Federer is down 2 sets in his first match. Is this year meant to be full of upsets?

Foxstripe said:
I wish I knew Voddas, I wish I knew.....
Me too... me too *sigh*

Foxstripe said:
FYI Portugal just beat Korea 7 - 0....GULP
Oh dear... not that it makes any difference to us. Unless some fingers come out of arses and Fabio has a brain transplant we're going out on Wednesday anyway. And I have England to win in the Work WorldCup Pool! Double insult!

Foxstripe said:
Is Patlabor worth a watch?
I say yes to this. One of my child hood favourites aswell. Good story and great characters. If Ayase was here he would blast you with "watch it now" rays. I've owned it on VHS, DVD and then a limited edition DVD. =P

chaos said:
Whatever's showing. Scott Pilgrin comes to mind though. I've got a cineworld membership and I haven't used it in the last month and a half due to moving and such. Other than that, Prince of Persia, Robin Hood and Iron Man 2 also comes to mind... As a matter of fact, I might go try watch one of them before they are off.

Scott Pilgrim looks very promising, enjoyed the books and I can't wait to see it.
Don't know when Toy Story 3 is coming out, thats going to be exicting to see, I remember when I went to see the first Toy Story.

chaos said:
Boooo, anyway, it was a surprise to me. I didn't expect them to win 3x1 against a team that had Drogba. I was expecting a more modest win, like 2x0 and was always, I was counting on a better defense from Brazil, which never seems to be the case. I like the goalkeeper, but the deffenders... :/

Well at least I guessed that Ivory Coast were going to score.

Brazil attack is amazing as always but it is a worry that there defence is letting them down.

Still supporting
holland.jpg
this World Cup.

Finished college early this morning until next term, work is all up to date so I don't have to come in for the last two weeks :D.

Anyone watching the Wimbledon, Federer is on the ropes, it will be a massive shock if he loses.

2 sets to 1 down, 4 games 2 down on his serve, he really needs to up this. Falla has been pretty damned amazing though. I could honestly see Federer go out this round at this rate

Arbalest said:
2 sets to 1 down, 4 games 2 down on his serve, he really needs to up this. Falla has been pretty damned amazing though. I could honestly see Federer go out this round at this rate

I know, Falla has broken him in this game and has a great chance to win this.

If it happens I can see Nadal easily winning Wimbledon again this year.

With the world cup running, Wimbledon has totaly slipped by me this year. I usually watch it religiously. It'll be intresting to see what happens if Federer gets knocked out.

Chaos, Tachi is Jailbait. You need to work on those Guns Tach. :p

chaos said:
Tachi- said:
Jailbait what? Chaos.... do you want to rephrase that? lol
Just teasing you man. The way you're protective about your sister, I was wondering how you'd reply to that =)

I'm protective over my family, and my gf :) which is the way it should be i guess.

Final exams tonight and next monday.... have had a practice test during work (without them knowing) and got 61%, i need 75% to pass..... so i'll be going in with a "i'm going to pass" mindframe and be positive about it.

Hopefully that'll help.

Things that are messing me up: Acronym's, Pin numbers (as in how many pins on typical DDR or DDR-2 or DRAM) and random things we haven't even been taught.

Voddas said:
Chaos, Tachi is Jailbait. You need to work on those Guns Tach. :p

I assure thats not the case lol. I've been aching all day, my elbow area (basically the acute part of the arm) has been tight all day and i can't straighten em fully without slight discomfort and a stiff neck have been plaguing me since i woke up really.

Tachi- said:
chaos said:
Tachi- said:
Jailbait what? Chaos.... do you want to rephrase that? lol
Just teasing you man. The way you're protective about your sister, I was wondering how you'd reply to that =)

I'm protective over my family, and my gf :) which is the way it should be i guess.
Sorry, I've meant over-protective ;)
Anyway, yeah, I think one should be protective about those they care about, but not over-protective, as this usually means the ones being protect will feel they've lost their freedom. Also, everyone who I've met that had over-protective relatives ended up "going crazy" at some stage.

Back